• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty devs can't take a joke

Hahaha the metrics? Fuck off, God of War has been received better critically across almost all of its games than all Call of Duty games and they release a new fucking game ever year, you would think they'd be the best games ever at this point but here we are with the worst one yet.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It was strange to poke fun at a major 'industry'player during a show that's basically just a big fat PR piece for that industry.

Somehow this year's CoD campaign took me about 8-9 hours, so I don't really get those jibes about how short it is. Seems much the same as all the previous ones.

Strange? More like awesome. We need more of that.

Reaseru

So classy from the COD devs, that in order to attack the voice actor who thrown a shade on them, they choose to attack the work and games of their colleagues from a studio that has no contractual affiliation with said voice actor, to a point they even mention games that Judge didn't even worked. The dude doesn't work at SMS...only has a independent contract with them.

Last edited:
So classy from the COD devs, that in order to attack the voice actor who thrown a shade on them, they choose to attack the work and games of their colleagues from a studio that has no contractual affiliation with said voice actor, to a point they even mention games that Judge didn't even worked. The dude doesn't work at SMS...only has a independent contract with them.

Yup
Absolutely pathetic behavior

“Associate art director of fellow Call of Duty studio Treyarch Nelson Plumey weight in too: "Imagine having short user engagement once your game is consumed. Can't relate," they said.”

puke GIF
Nelson Plumey stroking engagement in data over inventiveness, ingenuity and fun.... great times for the gaming industry. Modern AAA gemedev has really gone sideways.

Seems like the devs should be on board, as management is to blame. They were forced to make bad quality short DLC, and it was sold as a full release.

The joke can help them, but they have to embrace it. Probably should have followed up with a Bobby Kotick joke to tie it to management and someone who is on his way out to make it work.

Bartski

Gold Member
They had a little over a year to push the game out the door. If anything what we got had no right being as polished as it was. I can understand being mad at being the butt of every joke in the industry after working your hands to the bone on an impossible task.

The blame for MW3 rests solely on the shoulders of Activision upper management.

Take COD’s name out of your mouth etc.

Joke was funny. Bitebacks were acceptable. It’s the commentary around the exchange that is maddening. If they were offended, who cares? If they offend him in return, who cares? That’s their business.

There is a wider point though… anyone noticing that the fans of one and done games are increasingly desperate to deflect attention away from the possibility that how much/how long someone plays a game could, just possibly, be an important and valuable metric for success?

I don’t play COD so don’t have an informed opinion, but I believe it’s pretty fucking successful and keeps people “engaged” for a long, long time.

This is the result of banning jokes in the workplace. I want the 1990s/2000s back. So badly. But with broadband.

Last edited:

MikeM

Imagine being called out with facts then being butthurt about it. Get back to making game-irrelevant skins to fund Bobby’s next yacht.

Trilobit

You never NEVER respond to a joke by being butthurt. That's like adulting 101. Especially if it's on something you've created and not even a personal insult.

I rarely call people snowflakes, but this was some flakey behaviour.

Vl3BALA.png

Last edited:

Filben

Sometimes you simply deserve a joke and how you handle it is pretty telling about your character.

Laugh more. It's actually healthy and anger is only increasing your risk of a heart attack and vascular diseases. So relax and take that joke how jokes are supposed to be taken. A little less self-centred seriousness is actually great.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I think the woketards being so tight assed in their campaign to lather the entire world in anointing oil has actually helped the pendulum swing. A milquetoast roasting like that in 2008 would have gotten muted chuckles and rolled eyes for how PG and smoothed it was. In the absolute zero white void they've created, in 2023, it's tantamount to throwing a bomb into a glass house. People have become so sheltered and insular that tame content is now edgy. It's so far under that it's over again.

Top Bottom