• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty devs can't take a joke

ManaByte

Gold Member

SenkiDala

I love Chris Judge since very long. And the joke made me smile, I liked it. But at the same time those devs are being laughed at since weeks because of this, and they are probably not responsable of that result, so it might be frustrating to them.

At the end I still think he was right to joke about it and the world, fortunately, is not a Disney film, everything is not smooth, and it's fun to laugh at each other, without being offensive or insulting.

Bartski

Gold Member
PC review. Game was amazing on PC at launch.
Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

Bartski

Gold Member
Played it on a 3080 at launch. Yes. The PC version (and lesser extent the XSX version) was really good.

It didn't run on consoles from 2013 using Jaguar CPUs, so that took over the narrative.
pretty sure those the best of bug reels were from the pc version but ok

Reactions: GHG

dorkimoe

. Call of duty is a brand at this point, none of the games stand out nor will stand the test of time, the brand will. Nobody is going back to play the campaign on any of those cod games. So whoever made the comment that god of war games are forgotten about is foolish.

Trunim

The thread concering the same thing over at resetera descended into some people blowing the whole thing up, like way, way up. Then it got rightfully locked. I didn't even know people could react like this. A bunch of Will Smiths. What the f*ck? Mr Judge got my support, anyway, for what it's worth.

skit_data

Jesus, it takes ridiculously thin skin to have that joke get to you. To then go on talking about playtime metrics etc just comes of as being even more unsecure about the product you've been part in the making of.

Aion002

Cod sp campaigns are awful he is right to call it
C'mon, the older ones are good.

Black Ops, MW and Infinite Warfare have amazing campaings.

Infinite Warfare is my favorite.

Anyway, bunch of snowflakes can't take a joke.

Rowan Atkinson GIF

OrtizTwelve

These call of duty "devs" miss the point. We want good games, like a God of War or Super Mario Wonder -- and we don't care about "user engagement".

But by all means, keep releasing pink and purple weapon packs, lava skins, and combat bunny ears so the 13 year olds can continue screaming at each other on war zone and drain their parents credit cards with your bullshit micro transaction schemes. Gotta keep that user engagement up!

cripterion

Wow these devs... no wonder modern CoD is trash. Totally in contrast to Insomniac's response.

Last edited:
I liked it, gave some personality to one part of it and it’s just good fun. Judge is an actor and at stuff like the Oscar’s and Golden Globes the hosts and presenters always poke fun at and dump on other actors and movies, it’s funny and part of the show. Dev community very thin skinned.

Tarnished

God of War is an expertly made game with love and care, CoD is the same game every year with the bare minimum done to it. I'm glad someone called them out on that shitty campaign, I finished it in one sitting.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I get the feeling that the COD devs are already drinking the Microsoft Kool-Aid with their "user engagement" comebacks. Like a cult of insecurity.

They should've clarified what they meant by "user engagement" because I think they're talking about all the non-campaign content that adds value.

MWIII's campaign was shameful. The multiplayer a rehash of MWII 2009. Yet I already got more than $70 worth of fun and enjoyment out of the new zombies mode with friends.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
. Call of duty is a brand at this point, none of the games stand out nor will stand the test of time, the brand will. Nobody is going back to play the campaign on any of those cod games. So whoever made the comment that god of war games are forgotten about is foolish.
The last GOW didn't do it for me, found myself wanting to play other games (maybe I am just over that style of game)

But I will for sure replay several of the older COD campaigns when they hit gamepass

God of War is an expertly made game with love and care, CoD is the same game every year with the bare minimum done to it. I'm glad someone called them out on that shitty campaign, I finished it in one sitting.

This years campaign was criminally short and uninspired

I finished it very early as well and said it was a 4/10 here and some didn't take so well to it

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I litcherally replayed Infinite Warfare's campaign a month ago. It's fantastic. Like a more grounded and emotionally-resonating Halo.

The writing (dialogue and story) is as good as any blockbuster movie. Can't recommend it to sci-fi fans enough.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
GTA is actually hovering around 410m sales versus CoD’s 425m.

Both are below pokemon (480m), tetris (495m) and mario (832m)
I'm aware of what both franchise's totals are (which actually proves that GTA is bigger given there are far less games out in that franchise). GTA VI will seal the deal.

The point was that CoD is hardly the biggest series.

Last edited:

wipeout364

As a big COD fan I thought the joke was funny and not mean spirited in its delivery. I haven’t played the campaign but the multiplayer is really good this year with solid maps and gameplay.

Anybody calling this a DLC has not played it. DLC for COD is 3- 4 maps and a small zombies expansion, not the amount of content that was dropped at launch; 14 maps, a small campaign, 37 new weapons and an all new Zombies game.

Top Bottom