• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 IOTI Keep Your Friends Close And Your Danger Closer

Vol5

Something definitely doesn't feel right with this game.

I'm consistently shooting people first, in the head or upper torso, and still losing fights. I'm getting killed with three bullets and having to hit 3x-4x that to get a kill. Doesn't matter which weapon I'm using. Not to mention getting hitmarkers with marksman and sniper rifles at close-medium range.

If Warzone 2 isn't good, I think my CoD days are over. Never really been a fan to begin with, but I loved Warzone for a while so I ended up playing these games to level weapons and stay competitive.
Feel exactly the same. What's odd is when I play Invasion or Ground War the guns handle and shoot as I'd expect. 6v6 seems to be a problem and I honestly don't get what's going on. Just had a 1 on 1 with a player maybe 80 meters away. I confirmed hit the guy 5 times with an M4 (while trying my absolute hardest to keep my aim true) and he's still fine while he kills me with 3 (maybe 4) confirmed shots from a SMG. Killcam reveals he just points and shoots and I'm dead while I'm sweating just to keep my aim on him. It's almost like a lock he's got on me. This happens all the fucking time. 1 on 1s I lose almost every time even if I'm tracking perfectly and I've seen the dude first. Some games do feel better than others though, so I can only assume there's latency involved somewhere or maybe even anti-cheat.

Last edited:
I've played about 10 matches total so far. I really like it. I don't like it as much as MW2019 (at least not yet), but I haven't even played all the maps yet so that could change. I'm still getting into it and learning. I skipped Vanguard so I haven't played since Cold War. I'm rusty.

So far every real problem I have with it is stuff that will clearly be patched, so I'm not worried. I was surprised that there was no hardcore mode yet. That's what I usually play. But I guess that's coming with season 1, so that's no biggie.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
How is it compared to MW19?

Better/worse guns?
What about the maps?

The guns are great. The two biggest complaints for me are:

1. They lack identity. In MW2 you knew how a SCAR felt vs a TAR vs an M4. In this game that shit just blends together.
2. They use fake names for everything to avoid licensing issues.

The thing is, both of those criticisms also apply to MW2019 so its a wash.

As for the maps these are WAY better than the MW2019 launch maps. Out of the 11 maps, only 1 is really bad (Taraq) and another 1 (Museum) has seemingly been removed from the game to undergo adjustments. The other 9 maps are pretty damn decent.

nikos

Feel exactly the same. What's odd is when I play Invasion or Ground War the guns handle and shoot as I'd expect. 6v6 seems to be a problem and I honestly don't get what's going on. Just had a 1 on 1 with a player maybe 80 meters away. I confirmed hit the guy 5 times with an M4 (while trying my absolute hardest to keep my aim true) and he's still fine while he kills me with 3 (maybe 4) confirmed shots from a SMG. Killcam reveals he just points and shoots and I'm dead while I'm sweating just to keep my aim on him. It's almost like a lock he's got on me. This happens all the fucking time. 1 on 1s I lose almost every time even if I'm tracking perfectly and I've seen the dude first. Some games do feel better than others though, so I can only assume there's latency involved somewhere or maybe even anti-cheat.

Are you on a mouse? I've heard people who play on both mouse and controller say that the TTK feels shorter when using a controller. Not sure if it's aim assist or if there's even any truth to it.

Cornbread78

So, in retrospect regarding the story... were the writers old school Japanese nationalists or extreme Lefties in Cali?
The anti US military & gov't corruption take
sure was something, lol

Also, MP is pretty fun, but's been awhile since I've spent this much time with a CoD.. Why are all the sweats so up in arms about Sbmm? The skill bands are soooooooooooo loose compared to Destiny. I find myself getting completely shit on in many, many lobbies & I'm an avg fps player (at best) and I'm waaaay oit skilled in many of these lobbies

Sub_Level

Everyone is sleeping on the Harrier. You can get a LOT of kills.

So, in retrospect regarding the story... were the writers old school Japanese nationalists or extreme Lefties in Cali?
The anti US military & gov't corruption take
sure was something, lol

The game’s story is just anti-PMC, which is a pretty safe position I’d say. Shepard is just a slightly different portrayal of the same villain from the 2009 original.

//DEVIL//

So. the new update that was just released kinda broke the game cross-play.

I am on steam and my friend is on battle.net. we can't play together. says a different version of the game when we both just updated the game and we were playing together before it kicks out of the update.

I am sick of games getting shipped unfinished.
So I have been playing the game and turn off my Xbox to go to the shops. Come back home, turn on the xbox to get back into it and I can't play the game because now it has a fucking 46gb "update" to do before I can continue playing.
On my shitty internet that's fucking hours and hours.
Fuck you Activision.

MastAndo

Yeah, officially zero fun leveling weapons I don't want to use. Trying to use the FTAC Recon to unlock the FSS Hurricane and it's a dreadful time. It's only tolerable (if that) in full auto, yet it's a whopping 10-round magazine. While trying to unlock some decent attachments to stabilize the huge recoil on this piece of crap, you get treated to a 5-round mag as one of the first ones. Very helpful, thanks.

Last edited:

GenericUser

Bruh. Just lost 200-0 in Headquarters against the best group of players ive ever seen lol. They were like an elite family of 6 working as one and just laid waste to my whole team lmao.
I stopped caring about winning or losing in CoD a long time ago. You really don't have much control wether you win or you lose, SBMM makes sure everyone has an equally aweful time. I instead care about having fun. If the other team is clearly dominant, I switch to my troll class and at least try to annoy them a little bit.

I only care about winning or losing in games where I myself have total control over the outcome, for example Tekken. Usually 1on1 situations, I hate relying on stupid team members.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
It takes 5 seconds or so but mines go away too :)

man you are like the 10th person in here havin problems with the pc version I hope they fix it for you guys soon. This isnt acceptable.
Rolling back GPU drivers appears to have fixed the crashing issues. Surprisingly easy solution actually, so I don't know why I didn't try it earlier..

nemiroff

Gold Member
I find the guns better. Maps worse. But to each their own.

If you're playing Ground War or Invasion though then those maps are better than what was in MW2019.

Missing a tiny map like Shipment too.

The GUNS though. Immaculate.
I agree with all of the above. But it's still early days. I expect changes and more maps/content when it gets its season start.

Last edited:

GenericUser

I agree with all of the above. But it's still early days. I expect changes and more maps/content when it gets its season start.
I actually like the maps a lot more. Even the car map everyone bitches about. I in general already prefer MW2 over MW1. They toned down the movement so that it now feels more like the older CoDs and not a CoD from the jetpack era. Jump shooting/drop shotting nerfed, slide canceling gone - all right choices imo. If you want advanced movement, play apex or some other game, there is plenty to choose from.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
I actually like the maps a lot more. Even the car map everyone bitches about. I in general already prefer MW2 over MW1. They toned down the movement so that it now feels more like the older CoDs and not a CoD from the jetpack era. Jump shooting/drop shotting nerfed, slide canceling gone - all right choices imo. If you want advanced movement, play apex or some other game, there is plenty to choose from.

Yeah I agree with most about what you wrote, especially the movement. And I too like MW2 more overall.

SkylineRKR

I don't know how these maps can be considered worse than MW2019?

I mean, Picadilly, Euphrates, Azhir Cave, Palace, Ramazza... they were unbalanced and terrible. Crash was a camp fest because of the way 2019 played, it was god fucking awful. Vacant was a ho hum MW1 map, but one of the best in MW 2019 because the maps in MW2019 sucked. Shoot house was beloved for the same reason, I thought it was a simple small size map but everyone revered it, likely because most of the main maps were trash.

I think Grazna was decent, though camp friendly. Gun Runner was good but frankly I somehow was terrible at it. Hackney Yard was the best map imo.

I played the game and maxed the first season, but then after a while I got so pissed off at the general camping and map design I ejected the game and never played it since. Good mechanics, terrible maps and everything favored camping.

The maps are good , not great but good and anybody saying mw 2019 maps were good , I want to smoke what ur smoking.
Launch maps on mw2019 were absolutely dogshit with , picadilly is the worst map in the history of cod.
I very much miss 2v2 though, with these guns it would be really fun

GenericUser

I don't know how these maps can be considered worse than MW2019?

I mean, Picadilly, Euphrates, Azhir Cave, Palace, Ramazza... they were unbalanced and terrible. Crash was a camp fest because of the way 2019 played, it was god fucking awful. Vacant was a ho hum MW1 map, but one of the best in MW 2019 because the maps in MW2019 sucked. Shoot house was beloved for the same reason, I thought it was a simple small size map but everyone revered it, likely because most of the main maps were trash.

I think Grazna was decent, though camp friendly. Gun Runner was good but frankly I somehow was terrible at it. Hackney Yard was the best map imo.

I played the game and maxed the first season, but then after a while I got so pissed off at the general camping and map design I ejected the game and never played it since. Good mechanics, terrible maps and everything favored camping.
I played a little bit of 2019 before MW2 came out and there was literally no OG map in the map cycle. Only maps that came later in the games' life. Speaks volumes. As you said, people bitch about that mexican border map but seem to forgot how utterly worse picadilly was.

clarky

Banned
The maps are good , not great but good and anybody saying mw 2019 maps were good , I want to smoke what ur smoking.
Launch maps on mw2019 were absolutely dogshit with , picadilly is the worst map in the history of cod.
I very much miss 2v2 though, with these guns it would be really fun
Id expect gun fight at some point.

And yeah the maps are way better than launch 2019 maps.

Stafford

A 51GB update on Xbox. So do we finally have progression screens for everyone after a match and not only for the host? Or was this in Vanguard already like this? I don't get the logic.

Last edited:
So if I enjoy MW19 then I am not missing out and should probably just continue with that?
In my opinion, yes. MW19 is just more fun and a better game overall. Maybe I'm too harsh on MW2. It's not terrible, there's just nothing special about it, in my opinion. Plus the perks system and weapon upgrade system are horrible. Just change for the sake of change.

splattered

Everyone is sleeping on the Harrier. You can get a LOT of kills.

The game’s story is just anti-PMC, which is a pretty safe position I’d say. Shepard is just a slightly different portrayal of the same villain from the 2009 original.

So am i crazy or did they totally re-write the story for the 2022 version of MW2? I could have sworn i remembered things playing out totally different pertaining to ghost and other characters. It's been a LONG time since i played the original though so maybe just remembering wrong? haha dunno I tried to google it and look at wikipedia entries and i THINK they support what i am assuming about the 2022 story?

So am i crazy or did they totally re-write the story for the 2022 version of MW2? I could have sworn i remembered things playing out totally different pertaining to ghost and other characters. It's been a LONG time since i played the original though so maybe just remembering wrong? haha dunno I tried to google it and look at wikipedia entries and i THINK they support what i am assuming about the 2022 story?

More or less. Some stuff they just moved up and other, they used inspiration from MW1. In the original MW2, Ghost and Shepard die. MW 2022 neither dies. Shepard is on the run so probably we will see him in MW3. No Russian mission doesn't exist or Makarov but the end credits will say otherwise so they probably just pushed that part of the story to MW3 20?? The original MW2 was mostly in Russia and Brazil, 2022 version is Mexico and Middle East.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Its indeed a rewrite. MW2 features World War 3 and a detour to South America instead of Mexico. But the basic plot beats of Shadow Company betraying Task Force 141, Commander Shepard being corrupt, breaking a friend out of prison are present. No Russian also happens later in the story than it does in the original, and Soap/Ghost survive (so far).

jaysius

Banned
Ive been playing since campaign launch and JUST realized you can double sprint!! Double click sprint and you have an even faster short burst sprint...
Maybe you should sit down for this… there’s a setting that allows you to start “double sprinting” by moving the left stick forward faster. It’s pretty handy.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Jonathan Ferguson, a weapons expert and Keeper of Firearms & Artillery at the Royal Armouries, breaks down more of the weaponry of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2022), including a hideous gold and chrome AK-47, an odd-looking (not) P90, and a SIG Sauer P220 pistol firing underwater.

00:00 - Opening
00:41 - M4
02:35 - KRISS Vector 45
04:00 - Desert Eagle XIX
05:14 - P90 TR
06:24 - MP7A2
07:39 - HK21
09:27 - Barrett MRAD
11:08 - AK-47 Variants
12:52 - Golden AK
13:42 - SIG-Sauer P220 Elite
15:31 - SCAR L
16:41 - SCAR L and sidearm
17:38 - Ending

In the latest video in the Firearm Expert Reacts series, Jonathan Ferguson--a weapons expert and Keeper of Firearms & Artillery at the Royal Armouries--breaks down the guns of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2022) and compares them to their real-life counterparts.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

More or less. Some stuff they just moved up and other, they used inspiration from MW1. In the original MW2, Ghost and Shepard die. MW 2022 neither dies. Shepard is on the run so probably we will see him in MW3. No Russian mission doesn't exist or Makarov but the end credits will say otherwise so they probably just pushed that part of the story to MW3 20?? The original MW2 was mostly in Russia and Brazil, 2022 version is Mexico and Middle East.

Yeah this might set up OG MW1 story, but it will take some liberties. Shepard is already exposed, and they get a lead on Makarov. So I guess MW3 is going to deal with the original MW1 story about Zhakaev and the ultra nationalists with the difference that Makarov and Shepard are already targets. I believe Makarov was also the first target in OG MW1, but he was already thought KIA.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Yo the unlocked iron sights on the MCPR sniper are broken. As in they literally don’t work.

Top Bottom