• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Callisto Protocol will take 12-14 hours to beat

I’m not really happy with that length. It’s a $60 game right? I’d like to see games average out 18 to 20 on a strict Main story path.. although if developers stretch to that number, without intent, it’s likely going to be full of go there do this come back fetch quests, and I hate running around in games. That’s worst part of any game. Back-and-forth shit. So I guess the length is acceptable if the game doesn’t repeat the same areas over and over. Recycle quests and enemies nonstop.
But it’s still kind of short.

Do you also dislike resident evil games? Cause none of them have been longer

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Single player game, not sure how much reliability it will have, I think I'm going to rent at launch.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Soooo many that’s what she said, that’s what he said opportunities on this thread…I could talk about it in the thread, but the length would be farrrr too long for my taste……… 🤪

tommib

Can’t believe people are complaining about the length and price ratio. Disgusting. No wonder everything takes 10 years to make and is open-world and is bloated and has google maps directions and is made of camps to kill and has towers to reveal map areas and has collectibles and has endless mo-cap scenes and

Too sad, my dudes.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
If you get the season pass there will be even more content. I bought the big deluxe edition. I was working in the fast food industry when the first Dead Space came out and I stayed up all night completing Dead Space 2. I’m excited for it.

njean777

That is good, hopefully it has a new game+ where you can go through with powered up weapons and wreck face. I always loved doing that in RE games. Please have this /fingers crossed.

People complaining about the length...you do realize not every game is an open world RPG with 100 sidequests? Also, anyone surprised about the length of a remake which we already played before for about the same amount of hours. Did you expect they will pull out of their ass another 10 hours of brand new content?

anthony2690

Banned
If you don't like survival horror games, don't play survival horror games.
I like the genre, and I'm usually pretty good with third person horror games.
& I absolutely loved resident evil village, minus one bit that makes me unsure if I want children now 😂

I'm just not the biggest fan of jump scares, you can get jump scares in games that are not even survival horror, as mentioned in my previous post, Batman Arkham Knight's man bat is probably the jump scare that got me worst than any other game before, it was just beyond unexpected. 🤷‍♂️

Would you consider batman Arkham Knight survival horror? 🤔 I certainly wouldn't.

anthony2690

Banned
Cmon surprise day 1 gamepass drop. Seems like a perfect game for gamepass. I dont expect this game to do crazy numbers and the gamepass money might be better for them along with getting more exposure.
It's never going to happen, Sony has marketing rights for this game.

I hope the game does well, it's a brand new IP from a new studio, it would be nice to see more breakout games/studios in general imo :)

Flutta

Banned
People complaining about the length...you do realize not every game is an open world RPG with 100 sidequests? Also, anyone surprised about the length of a remake which we already played before for about the same amount of hours. Did you expect they will pull out of their ass another 10 hours of
This is dumb. That means assassins creed games should be 100 dollars then

Why is everything compared to RPG’s and OP games like AssCreed? Now that is a dumb comparison if any….

We have alot of linear indies/AA games that are longer with less budget than CP and with meaningful content.

I like my games to be meaty, that’s just my preference no need to get hellbent over it. Relax 😅

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Length seems decent, still unsure on the game overall though, but that is more due to the fact I'm wondering if it might be a bit much for me.

I just really don't like jump scares.

Man bat from Arkham Knight is still the worst for me, due to how unexpected it was :(

Have you ever tried booting the game on Halloween? It's fast approaching, maybe you should...

Queen Laughing GIF

Make sure it's a save after Man bat has been captured.

anthony2690

Banned
Have you ever tried booting the game on Halloween? It's fast approaching, maybe you should...

Queen Laughing GIF

Make sure it's a save after Man bat has been captured.
I am mildly curious haha, what happens?

That being said when joker appeared and did the man bat scare, it absolutely cracked me up!

I finished that game 100%, minus the riddler collectibles, I hate collectibles.

Kuranghi

I am mildly curious haha, what happens?

That being said when joker appeared and did the man bat scare, it absolutely cracked me up!

I finished that game 100%, minus the riddler collectibles, I hate collectibles.

Just try it, go to the police station and see Man bat. There won't be another jump scare unless you go back to those buildings where the original one happened. Its pretty cool.

Corian33

Sounds good to me, especially for this kind of game. Alien: Isolation was a great sci-fi horror game right up until it felt like it should have ended 4 hours ago and yet it kept going and going.

Plus at that length it would be realistic to run through it again in New Game+ or whatever they have.

I always go slow, admire the graphics and enjoy the atmosphere. I also explore alot and play on the hardest difficulty so i predict 30-40h 😂
How is it even possible to stretch a 12-14 hour game out to triple length like that? I play games slow af too but that's a ....stretch.

Awful take.
$40 might be too low but it's a fair take. $70 is a lot of money and it's really annoying how quickly these pubs all jumped on the $70 train. Last of Us 2 is 2.5x the length and has even higher production values. Nothing wrong with shorter games but he's right, $50 would be more reasonable.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
$40 might be too low but it's a fair take. $70 is a lot of money and it's really annoying how quickly these pubs all jumped on the $70 train. Last of Us 2 is 2.5x the length and has even higher production values. Nothing wrong with shorter games but he's right, $50 would be more reasonable.
It's worth what people pay for it. With more publishers jumping on the $70 train, people must be paying $70.

Was it Sony that said consumers are "ready" for $70 games? How right they were.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It's worth what people pay for it. With more publishers jumping on the $70 train, people must be paying $70.

For any pricing or product push, the best thing for companies to do it just keep doing it. Gamers will eventually bend and accept it as standard. As much as they bitch and moan, they'll give in eventually.

1q

That doesn't make it a good value. I was comparing value between two similar games. People would be willing to spend $120 on God of War Ragnarok. They'd sell less but still make a profit. We shouldn't champion the free market as the deciding factor of what a game should cost. Gamers are willing to spend stupid money on bad deals all the time. Just cause the market supports fortnight skins costing $20 doesn't make those worth $20. These are mass produced products and last I checked AAA profits are at an all time high.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
We shouldn't champion the free market as the deciding factor of what a game should cost. Gamers are willing to spend stupid money on bad deals all the time. Just cause the market supports fortnight skins costing $20 doesn't make those worth $20.

What do you propose will dictate the cost of a game if not the free market?

If someone pays $20 for a skin, it makes it worth $20. By definition.

I do not wish this was the way of the world, but it is.

Top Bottom