• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Callisto Protocol | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Callisto Protocol will get?

• 0-10%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10-20%

• 20-30%

• 30-40%

• 40-50%

• 50-60%

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 60-70%

• 70-80%

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • 80-90%

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • 90-95%

• 95-100%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
It was another GOTY candidate of Gaf, like Halo Infinite.

Look at that trailer thread: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/new-callisto-protocol-trailer-the-truth-of-black-iron.1642223/

It looks so ugly and blurry. Creature designs aren't scary either. I regret pre-ordering, I will probably return it within the first 2 weeks. If they don't delay it, it will be a disaster. My metacritic score prediction is between 65-72.

Sad Amazon Prime GIF by The Boys

I watched it again and I can't believe GAF's hype about it. I mean look at that creature running on the wall towards you(at 1:32). It's pathetic. Kimiko looks like Keanu Reeves model from Cyberpunk 2077 Ps4 edition. We already saw the gameplay recently. It's not hard to put them together to find that Metacritic prediction of mine. I hope I will be wrong though, because I paid for it already lol.

So I was wrong, best technical version(ps5) got 76 score :) and it seems technical issues are the lesser part of problems.

I requested a refund on Steam.

Mayar

Neo Member
Just finished the game on normal difficulty (PS5), it took about 9 hours. Everything below is purely my opinion.

Pros:
1) visually very beautiful game
2) good setting, with a very nice design and a very well detailed world

Flaws:
1) The complete absence of any implied plot, it simply does not exist. It starts at the first screen and ends there. Not a single interesting character, not any attempt to make the characters in any way interesting or make you empathize. Extremely mediocre dialogue.The absence of any ending, they decided that at the end it was enough just to make a reference to the continuation and end there.
2) Full linearity of the game, I honestly can't remember the last time I played such a straightforward game. The game is in a very interesting setting, but at the same time they don’t let you get to know it or explore, but stupidly drive along the rails for 9 hours.
3) There are only 4 types of enemies in the game, which you will beat for 9 hours, 2 bosses, one of which was used as many as 4 times...
4) one of the worst combat systems I've ever played, in fact the entire combat system is quick time events. If you press sideways, then the character automatically dodges attacks, when the window opens and the enemy stops attacking, we can hit. And so the whole game for 9 hours, plus absolutely the same scripted animations for finishing off enemies

To be honest, the game has become a rather big disappointment for me, to be honest, I don’t even quite believe that the creators of Dead Space did it. Because I don’t quite understand how they managed to create such a dull game after Dead Space 1-2.

My rating is 6.5 -7 out of 10
And just because the game is really very beautiful...
But in terms of story and gameplay, it's a total disappointment.

dDoc

If you trust him then do what ever he says then, I mostly trust my own taste and currently enjoying this game.

He also likes Horizon games while I hated that game…..but your money, your choice.

He also states there is only 1 mini boss/boss and barely any enemy variety at all.

When I saw the first gameplay footage something seems off, didn't click for me.

I was rooting for this game as love SP experiences, but seems it's not worth it tbh, on many fronts.

Bigfroth

This game is a big disappointment for me so far. I like the setting and that's about it. The combat is horribly clunky I don't enjoy it at all, it feels very heavy and sluggish. The dodge mechanic should win the worst move ever award. The number of ducts, tight spaces, and those fucking doors he just stares at for 5 minutes before you slowly open them :messenger_unamused:lol. Does it actually make you press a button when one of those slugs jumps out at you? Cause I have all QTEs set to auto-complete and the hold button set to just tap (I'm not a fan of QTE). I'm playing on PS5 and got it set on easy I'll finish it since it is not a long game, but ya pretty disappointed. I just finished Evil West and thought that guy moved heavily and sluggish, but compared to Callisto guy he feels like spider-man lol.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Just finished the game on normal difficulty (PS5), it took about 9 hours. Everything below is purely my opinion.

Pros:
1) visually very beautiful game
2) good setting, with a very nice design and a very well detailed world

Flaws:
1) The complete absence of any implied plot, it simply does not exist. It starts at the first screen and ends there. Not a single interesting character, not any attempt to make the characters in any way interesting or make you empathize. Extremely mediocre dialogue.The absence of any ending, they decided that at the end it was enough just to make a reference to the continuation and end there.
2) Full linearity of the game, I honestly can't remember the last time I played such a straightforward game. The game is in a very interesting setting, but at the same time they don’t let you get to know it or explore, but stupidly drive along the rails for 9 hours.
3) There are only 4 types of enemies in the game, which you will beat for 9 hours, 2 bosses, one of which was used as many as 4 times...
4) one of the worst combat systems I've ever played, in fact the entire combat system is quick time events. If you press sideways, then the character automatically dodges attacks, when the window opens and the enemy stops attacking, we can hit. And so the whole game for 9 hours, plus absolutely the same scripted animations for finishing off enemies

To be honest, the game has become a rather big disappointment for me, to be honest, I don’t even quite believe that the creators of Dead Space did it. Because I don’t quite understand how they managed to create such a dull game after Dead Space 1-2.

My rating is 6.5 -7 out of 10
And just because the game is really very beautiful...
But in terms of story and gameplay, it's a total disappointment.

You know.. I spoiled myself by coming here, but that is alright. This comment hits the nail on the head as to what I feel is an alignment of opinions, here. I have 4 hours in and the combat isn't even tweaked right, or something? I think maybe 1/3 of the time when I dodge, I still end up getting hit. Dunno what I am doing wrong, but I spent like 30 mins, just dying and trying to adjust to the combat, because it's so different than what I am used to. While I agree, the combat is basically QTE dodge mechanic as it's centerpiece, it's not fully automatic. Playing on Max Security, FWIW. On That difficulty, the game tends to be unfair as enemies will seemingly spawn right next to you while you're trying to finish shit off.

Number one hated scenario: Killing of a bunch of shit, taking no damage, then as you're cleaning up the final enemy... multiple enemies seem to spawn out of thin air. I think even RE4's Professional and RE5's Professional difficulty were a tad more forgiving with regards to enemy spawns, then again, those games have quick turn so it's a great tool to have to combat the seemingly dimensional portal spawns that enemies use on those difficulties.

Last edited:

Mayar

Neo Member
You know.. I spoiled myself by coming here, but that is alright. This comment hits the nail on the head as to what I feel is an alignment of opinions, here. I have 4 hours in and the combat isn't even tweaked right, or something? I think maybe 1/3 of the time when I dodge, I still end up getting hit. Dunno what I am doing wrong, but I spent like 30 mins, just dying and trying to adjust to the combat, because it's so different than what I am used to. While I agree, the combat is basically QTE dodge mechanic as it's centerpiece, it's not fully automatic. Playing on Max Security, FWIW. On That difficulty, the game tends to be unfair as enemies will seemingly spawn right next to you while you're trying to finish shit off.

Number one hated scenario: Killing of a bunch of shit, taking no damage, then as you're cleaning up the final enemy... multiple enemies seem to spawn out of thin air. I think even RE4's Professional and RE5's Professional difficulty were a tad more forgiving with regards to enemy spawns, then again, those games have quick turn so it's a great tool to have to combat the seemingly dimensional portal spawns that enemies use on those difficulties.
I didn't have much trouble dodging, and I've died a few times for no apparent reason, when the dodge animation starts to play but the monster still hits and you die, but this was rare. Perhaps this is due to the fact that you play on the highest difficulty. By the way, one more thing I forgot to write about, you can run in the game, but from time to time the game will block the run and not give you the opportunity to run. As I understand it, this was done so that while you are in one water pipe, the game has time to feed the next one. Roughly speaking, while you are slowly walking through the location to the door, the game loads the location outside the door.

xrnzaaas

This game is a big disappointment for me so far. I like the setting and that's about it. The combat is horribly clunky I don't enjoy it at all, it feels very heavy and sluggish. The dodge mechanic should win the worst move ever award. The number of ducts, tight spaces, and those fucking doors he just stares at for 5 minutes before you slowly open them :messenger_unamused:lol. Does it actually make you press a button when one of those slugs jumps out at you? Cause I have all QTEs set to auto-complete and the hold button set to just tap (I'm not a fan of QTE). I'm playing on PS5 and got it set on easy I'll finish it since it is not a long game, but ya pretty disappointed. I just finished Evil West and thought that guy moved heavily and sluggish, but compared to Callisto guy he feels like spider-man lol.
The combat should feel heavy, just like in Dead Space. It may not be super believable with the clothes you start with, but becomes more believable later on when you get new gear (don't want to spoil too much).

Last edited:

Mayar

Neo Member
The combat should feel heavy, just like in Dead Space. It may not be super believable with the clothes you start with, but becomes more believable later on when you get new gear (don't want to spoil too much).
It's not about what you wrote. The problem with the game is that the combat system basically doesn't work as it should. The automatic dodge system is a very stupid idea, can I play the game myself and not the game for me. Sometimes you just die even though you dodged, just for no reason, just because the game wanted you to. They clearly expected that the fight would be mostly 1 on 1 , but in the end they then dumped several opponents on you, the game has homing on the target, you want to step on the enemy who fell to finish him off, but your character stupidly starts to beat another who was just standing nearby . Sometimes I had moments when I fought 1 on 1 with a monster, and everyone else just stood there watching me kill him, and then one by one they approached. The combat system in this game is just fundamentally bad.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I think I've played enough to give weigh in on this.
I'm gonna try not go into a wall of text but bare with me cuz I have a bit to say and I'm gonna try get to the point and you guys know I don't write big post because I don't have the time for that shit and with that said...
First the only negative people should be talking about and that's with it's lack of a map.
You literally do don't know what you have covered and I've missed places I've come across and went the other direction only to finish the chapter and I can't go back.
The game is pretty open with no hand holding, you discover everything on your own and like I said you can miss stuff with the path not taken.
But you never feel lost as the level design is done really well with no waypoints and painted walls that new games are littered with.
Just good old well designed areas.
I know people don't like the vents or right gaps but they really don't bother me and think it's a none issue.
Plus some of them are purposely hidden which leads to goodies or sometimes an easier path.
The audio design is fantastic do with excellent use of surround sound and good use of the rear speaker which makes your room feel bigger then it is.
Audio positioning is excellent too and the background music combines to make a very atmospheric soundtrack.
Cut-scenes are stunning and extremely well made with excellent acting and mo-cap.
And everyone is easily recognisable and look just like their real life counterpart.
The beginning combat is purely melee based with a very easy and obvious dodge system which make me wonder why no one thought of it before.
But once you get your gun and start upgrading it changes everything.
I love the 1,2 boom! combo with your baton and gun.
And every hit is soo satisfying, even more so when you hit the final blow and the death scene are awesome.
And graphically it's stunning, probably the best looking UE4 games I've seen with so much going on. It really brings the game to life.
But I wouldn't say it NextGen.
Textures could be better & resolution could be higher.
I'm not a fan of how the main character stands (which is the same as Dead Space)
And I can see people who aren't very good at theses games getting frustrated with the lack of direction and how easy it is to get overwhelmed by enemies.
Now I'm playing on PS5 so I really can't comment of performance and stuttering.
But even if I did have those experiences I doubt my opinion would change because of it, but I would be disappointed so I understand that.
But in regards to all the bad reviews and the hate the game is getting?
giphy.gif

Last edited:

WX3

damn almost want to try it to see if the combat is really as stupid as it sounds on paper.
I am going to buy it next Thursday for the Series X. I cannot wait to spend my hard earned money on this dumpster fire. It'll be nice to earn a couple thousand Microsoft Rewards Points for the purchase I guess!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Been playing for few hours on ps5 in Quality mode.
The game is great so far! I really like it. I don't see the low scores and "disappointment" narrative so far. The game is exactly what I expected.
People seem angry that it's not another open world game? fucking hell, can't even have 1 game break from 50h open world games. cmon now.
This is exactly the old type of game I really like. Linear, crafted experience with not too much bloat so far.
You go forward. Every place you visit is somewhat new and something is always happening. That's what I want. Some other points:
+Graphics are amazing
+Pacing is engaging
+Levels feel somewhat nice to explore. You can miss stuff if you don't
+No markers and stupid UI all over. So it don't feel like hand holding you.
+30fps feels really good! Surprisingly does not look framey at all. It is sluggish but that is just how heavy animations are
+Fantastic motion blur. Some of best I've seen.
+Dualsense!
=yet to play with headphones, so not sure there

Now, there are some issues I have with game so far. Technical and gamepaly
-HDR looks great but blacks are elevated like others said. I still play in HDR, because lights and fire pop out so nice.
-strange Lip Sync? English vo barely fits to face animation
-Too much melee. Dodging kinda sucks. You have to alternate dodges but it remembers the last dodge direction even when it was long time ago on that enemy. weird.
-Enemies are a bit of tanks
-Some audio effects are missing. Like there is no audio for melee "break enemy arm when he is blocking" skill.
-The grapple gravity arm feels redundant and too much of a dead space rip off. I don't use it too much. Same with kick.... like cmon, be more original!!!!!

one spoiler about character you rescue in first few hours
You rescure the lady from the intro and she locks you up. she says "jackob is not how he seems".
Lady?! Fucking seriously?! You are mad at me because I was defending my ship form attackers and boarded you out? like reall?!
so annoying

Edit: Something else I remember:
-TERRIBLE checkpoint system. Even manual save is not a real save. You can explore, pick up stuff, spend 10 minutes of your time and then loose it to a ingle enemy. Repeating checkpoints is not fun.
-You cannot skip cinematics. I quit the game when I woke up after the intro as soon as I got control, just to switch on HDR. And I had to replay the cinematic. Annoying

Last edited:

Mayar

Neo Member
It seems to me that the main problem of this game is that in fact it is a 100% downgrade compared to Dead Space 1-2 in any aspect. We live in a time when games are rarely released, plus the quality bar for people has fallen so low that now such games are considered the norm.

In principle, I don't even want to touch Dead Space 3 - because this game killed my faith in humanity. Therefore, we will simply briefly examine the game based on the first and second parts.

We live in 2022, when it has apparently become the norm to assume that if we have a game, then we will make 4 enemies and spread them in a thin layer throughout the game and the players will beat them for 9 hours. (Just go to the wiki and see how many Necromorphs there were in D1 or D2).

We live in 2022, when it is apparently normal to assume that if there is only 1 boss in the game that we repeat 4 times, this is good and acceptable. And we also have the final boss, which we will repeat 2 times, and its second form is the same boss of which we have already repeated 4 times, we just add a remote attack to it and that's enough. (Again, go to Wiki and see how many bosses there were in the original games)

The design of the maps, the development of the world, the work with the lore in Dead Spaces was much better than in this game. As well as the range of weapons, the combat mechanics and even though the story wasn't Dead Space's forte, the storytelling and how it was done was head and shoulders above what we have now.

And then the question arises, what does this game do in the end, what can distinguish it from the background of Dead Space - the answer is a very nice picture, and that's probably all. Well, the result turned out to be what happened, a rather mediocre game, which, in principle, did not introduce anything new, it does not stand out against the background of past games. Therefore, it seems to me that a rating of 7 points for her is more than deserved.

And for me this is a doubly sad fact, because it was done by the same people that did the original D1 and D2. But as I understand it, this time they only had enough enthusiasm for a beautiful picture.

Callisto Protocol gives me PlayStation Allstars Battle Royal vibes. Sony wanted to replicate the success of Smash Bros, but were too afraid to copy some of the core gameplay elements.
In this case, I’m sure some daft bastards would have given the studio shit for copying Dead Space wholeheartedly, but it was obvious that EA (at the time) wasn’t interested in making more Dead Space, so why not try to serve that nostalgia?
The game also really needed a stronger, outlandish vision in terms of the monster design, which Dead Space excelled at.

Sneeder

Banned
It's honestly kinda baffling to me why they focused so much on the melee combat when the shooting is really good when you get to do it

The game really shines in the latest parts where you have to use your weapons more, dismember them, use the grip to create space and shoot them more, traps, explosive etc

The last parts of the game really encourage shooting since you can't really use melee due to the insane amount of combat encounters and the amount of enemies swarming you, i really have no idea why they didn't just encourage shooting from the start, the stun baton really should've been a secondary weapon and not a focus, maybe use it for crowd control, unleashing electric discharge if enemies get to close, stunning them, crowd control with a large melee swing etc

This game really has potential, it's just needs more "game" It's really strange that with a game with solid shooting mechanics they instead let you walk around for upwards of 15 minutes without doing any combat whatsoever, no puzzles, no using the grip to disable traps etc

It's a 7.5/10 for me, solid but kinda disappointing, i really hope they fix these things for the sequel or dlc or whatever, i see potential in it.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's honestly kinda baffling to me why they focused so much on the melee combat when the shooting is really good when you get to do it
Because we already have tones of survival horror game dies mostly focus on shooting, but they are that many of those game that much more focus on melee.

Sneeder

Banned
Imagine this implemented in say Elden Ring. Why are there so many? Why is it so often? I hate it so much. There’s a part in The Callisto Protocol where it’s like 5 solid minutes of crawling between pipes and vents.
I know what part you're talking about, it's the chapter where you have to get to the dome right? That whole chapter it felt like the devs made the level to feel claustrophobic, everything is cramped, filled with pipes, tight and it constantly has you crawling and shimming
So it definitely wasn't a loading screen issue, it was a decision on the part of the developers to make the player feel stuck and cramped, but it didn't really work
I'm saying this, because the later levels have like 1 vent section each

Umbral

Oh, you mean the 1 suit of armor? The one that has a helmet on it that ensures you see Josh Duhamel in the suit, and subsequently lose the helmet shortly after so you can see the hair on the back of Josh Duhamel’s head as well? That 1 singular suit you get for the last half of the game? That suit? Josh Duhamel is in the suit, if you didn’t notice.

Just give me a silent, made-up-faced protagonist again.
First the only negative people should be talking about and that's with it's lack of a map.
You literally do don't know what you have covered and I've missed places I've come across and went the other direction only to finish the chapter and I can't go back.
The game is pretty open with no hand holding, you discover everything on your own and like I said you can miss stuff with the path not taken.
vs.
But you never feel lost as the level design is done really well with no waypoints and painted walls that new games are littered with.
Just good old well designed areas.
It might be because I’m used to From Software games, but I don’t want or need a map. I need checkpoints placed so I don’t have to re-loot an area, sell the items I found, and then re-upgrade my weapons every time I die, or just give me true manual saves.
I know what part you're talking about, it's the chapter where you have to get to the dome right? That whole chapter it felt like the devs made the level to feel claustrophobic, everything is cramped, filled with pipes, tight and it constantly has you crawling and shimming
So it definitely wasn't a loading screen issue, it was a decision on the part of the developers to make the player feel stuck and cramped, but it didn't really work
I'm saying this, because the later levels have like 1 vent section each
You also get ambushed in between each shimmy section too. That whole part is bad. If you’re gonna make me shimmy, just take over the controls until we’re done.

Mayar

Neo Member
The sales look good in the UK, #6 but better than Gotham Knights and Saints Row. 74% on PS5 😯 the rest on PS4 etc

Need for Speed also 78% on PS5.

[/URL]

This is actually a very bad result for them.
As an example - Days Gone, starts in 1sy in UK and it was "Days Gone is the biggest physical sales launch of the year so far in the UK"
And we all know perfectly well that in the end the game failed financially and therefore the sequel was canceled. And I can say with 95% certainty that Days Gone budget was significantly lower.

Starting from 6th place, and even on New Year's Eve, is a very bad sign, it seems to me. They need very good sales to pay for this game, I don’t even stutter about the second part.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
It's not about what you wrote. The problem with the game is that the combat system basically doesn't work as it should. The automatic dodge system is a very stupid idea, can I play the game myself and not the game for me. Sometimes you just die even though you dodged, just for no reason, just because the game wanted you to. They clearly expected that the fight would be mostly 1 on 1 , but in the end they then dumped several opponents on you, the game has homing on the target, you want to step on the enemy who fell to finish him off, but your character stupidly starts to beat another who was just standing nearby . Sometimes I had moments when I fought 1 on 1 with a monster, and everyone else just stood there watching me kill him, and then one by one they approached. The combat system in this game is just fundamentally bad.
Usually I've found when there's multiple enemies on screen there's usually things in the environment that you can use to help you like the sharp pin walls, the grind machines, sometimes cliffs and you can even use the GRP to separate enemies

You can also upgrade your damage. Where I'm at right now I have 4 health injectors and plenty of ammo, upgraded damage on my baton and upgraded damage on my bullets too

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

I have played the game for about 6 hours now and I really can't wrap my head around the hate this game get in some places. I'm playing on series x and have not played it on any other platform.
There's a few things I bet some of the reviewers did wrong, in no order of importance

1. Not stomping the bodies for health, credits for upgrading, or ammo

2. Pressing left or right to dodge instead of holding left or right

3. Trying to attack enemies all the same after they swing once, sometimes you have to dodge two or three swings then attack at your opening

4. Not using the quick shot after your melee combo

5. Not always using the traps in the environments

6. Not exploring for resources, this game is very generous when it comes to health and ammo for a survival horror

7. Not quickly killing the kind of enemies that get stronger when they grow tentacles

There's a few things I bet some of the reviewers did wrong, in no order of importance

3. Trying to attack enemies all the same after they swing once, sometimes you have to dodge two or three swings then attack at your opening

6. Not exploring for resources, this game is very generous when it comes to health and ammo for a survival horror

7. Not quickly killing the kind of enemies that get stronger when they grow tentacles

the simpsons adult GIF

GymWolf

Yep, i lost the count of how many times the lock on goes to another enemy and i can't finish the one on the ground that is transofrming.

Overall a shite combat system with more than 2 enemies (but really 1).

Also the absolute genius of having a low number of weapons with 2 fucking repetitions, a rapid fire pistol and a rapid fire rifle (both useless) wasn't enough, they had to do a shotgun pistol and shotgun rifle of course.

Many parts of this game feels absolutely amateurish for such a group of experiences devs.

Another proof that having big names involved is not always a recipe for success.

Last edited:

Hugare

Oh, you mean the 1 suit of armor? The one that has a helmet on it that ensures you see Josh Duhamel in the suit, and subsequently lose the helmet shortly after so you can see the hair on the back of Josh Duhamel’s head as well? That 1 singular suit you get for the last half of the game? That suit? Josh Duhamel is in the suit, if you didn’t notice.

Just give me a silent, made-up-faced protagonist again.
You didnt have one in Dead Space 2 or 3

Neither are going to have one in Dead Space remake

Isaac being mute during the first game was easily the most flawed design aspect of that game. So much so that they are correcting this now.

This is actually a very bad result for them.
As an example - Days Gone, starts in 1sy in UK and it was "Days Gone is the biggest physical sales launch of the year so far in the UK"
And we all know perfectly well that in the end the game failed financially and therefore the sequel was canceled. And I can say with 95% certainty that Days Gone budget was significantly lower.

Starting from 6th place, and even on New Year's Eve, is a very bad sign, it seems to me. They need very good sales to pay for this game, I don’t even stutter about the second part.

Days Gone development started in 2013. 6 years of production. So it ended up costing way more than you may think

And yeah, Callisto is a failure in sales. I'm sad as fuck, because tho I havent completed it yet, I'm loving it so much.

Krafton's stock droped 8% or somethign after reviews were released.

No way we will get a sequel. Shame.

At least on PS5 theres a bug that will rob you off potential Loot.
1. Enter a new Area (autosave triggered)
2. Search for loot lying around (not in containern) but don't loot it.
3. Die and continue (auto load) or reload a manual save made directly after the autosave.
4. Look for that loot again - it will be gone and you won't have it in your inventory.

After I realized this bug exists I am always reloading autosaves manually instead of continuing after a death.

Also some events will reset rooms. If you drop something because your inventory was full this dropped item may vanish if an event triggers in this room.
Had that happen also.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

3. Die and continue (auto load) or reload a manual save made directly after the autosave.
4. Look for that loot again - it will be gone and you won't have it in your inventory.

After I realized this bug exists I am always reloading autosaves manually instead of continuing after a death.

Also some events will reset rooms. If you drop something because your inventory was full this dropped item may vanish if an event triggers in this room.
Had that happen also.
I've never had any of this happen. The worst thing that happened to me was having to do an area over due to a death but that's normal

GymWolf

Had that happen also.
Yep, only loaded manual save when i noticed that the game make shit disappear.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I want to buy this game and love it as I am a huge fan of these types of games.

Will deffo pick it up at some point as maybe I will enjoy it, Maybe people who enjoy this should try SCORN if they want creepy interesting graphics design?

I loved SCORN personally, so maybe ill like this a lot.

TonyK

Ok, I'm starting to enjoy the game. I don't know if it's because I'm starting to enjoy the combat (combining melee with range weapons and gravity glove) or maybe because I accepted this is not Dead Space but a linear horror action adventure game, but I enjoyed the last two chapters I played.

GHG

I want to buy this game and love it as I am a huge fan of these types of games.

Will deffo pick it up at some point as maybe I will enjoy it, Maybe people who enjoy this should try SCORN if they want creepy interesting graphics design?

I loved SCORN personally, so maybe ill like this a lot.

What are you doing? You're all over the place, one minute you're attempting to bring ridiculous conspiracy shit surrounding the optimisation of the game, next minute you're trying to push scorn (which is actually nothing like this game).

You have a 4090, the PC version is largely fixed already (failing that you supossedly have a PS5 no?). If you're actually interested in it just buy it on Steam (so you still have the option to refund it if you need to) and play the damn thing instead of moping about all of the threads for this game like a wounded puppy.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.

Had that happen also.
yep, the auto load is fucked.
Noticed this when playing the game, resource gone, its like the game assume you have pick up but actually not since you died in previous game.

I think certain item spawns infinite too in some rooms, i could be wrong.

Last edited:

SpearFist

Just look at jim sterling review 3/10. Pathetic mockery? Thats a strong hate. Also how he mentions the crunch tweet again, feels like something personal grudges. I bet these ppl never worked hard in life not they can.

Last edited:

Lokaum D+

im crazy or somehow Dead Space is some pinnacle of story telling now ?

Callisto gameplay is neat, the gore is top notch, and the story is deep as expected for this kind of game, back in the day 90% of people playing DS was cause gameplay and gore, almost no one gave a shit about the story, what is happening ?

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
im crazy or somehow Dead Space is some pinnacle of story telling now ?

Callisto gameplay is neat, the gore is top notch, and the story is deep as expected for this kind of game, back in the day 90% of people playing DS was cause gameplay and gore, almost no one gave a shit about the story, what is happening ?
I actually like the story so far. I'm wanting to find out why certain things happen and why characters did something. It's not groundbreaking, but it works.

The story in Dead Space certainly wasn't anything amazing either. Will be interesting to see how the games compare with complaints and reviews.

Last edited:
Top Bottom