• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you be getting Midnight Suns or Callisto Protocol this Friday?

Which game are you more interested in picking up?

• Callisto Protocol

Votes: 78 43.6%
  • Midnight Suns

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • Front Mission Remake

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Neither, I got too many games to play/I hate video games

Votes: 75 41.9%
  • Both, because I cannot possibly choose just one

Votes: 9 5.0%

• Total voters

ShadowNate

None of them day one.

Midnight Suns might be more my cup of tea, but only if it manages to be as exciting as XCOM 2 (with tweaks) and not as boring and retarded as Chimera Squad. But from the looks of the gameplay... I wouldn't call what I saw exciting.

And unfortunately same goes for Callisto. What I saw of it, granted it was a few months ago so not final, somehow seemed extremely tedious and boring. Hopefully the final product will be more Dead Space-y with thrilling gameplay. I will wait for more reviews.

anthony2690

Banned
Callisto Protocol but not for myself, so voted neither.

My other half has been an absolute babe and got me NFS:Unbound & FF7 Crises Core for Christmas though 💪

Now what do I get her? 👀

homer-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Callisto for sure. I love the Xcom games, originals and the reboot, but the story and "social" aspect of Marvel just looks awful. I'll wait for a deep cut on it, because the combat does look interesting.

Depending on reviews I might need to get Calisto.. I ran out of cash since Im on unpaid sick leave... Might have to overdraft my account and risk a fee... I am starving for games and I'm not playing anything for the first time in a long while... Please save me Calisto, I'm going crazy.

Lunarorbit

I like card games like slay the spire and Gwent so when midnight suns drops to $20 or so in half a year I'll buy it.

Same with callisto but I'm less excited to play that. I'm excited it's coming out and people are hyped but I don't know how much I want to play it

Mobilemofo

Midnight suns looks ok, but I really only wanna play as blade, and don't give a crap about the others. Also I'm waiting for Callisto price to fall after around 3 months.

sainraja

I was planning on waiting but then ending up getting Callisto. It's a game in the genre which I really liked when I officially got into gaming so had to.

Holammer

No real interest in either, but if I had to chose one it would be a tough choice.
X-com with super heroes or totally not Dead Space.

graywolf323

my threshold for scary stuff is Scooby-Doo so I'll be getting Midnight Suns

I love Firaxis and everything about the game looks up my alley from the reviews, opted to get it on PS5 since 2K said it won't be Steam Deck compatible at first & the reviews that do mention performance on the Deck make it sound rough but I may double dip later on sale if that improves

Last edited:

Kacho

I'll probably grab the Front Mission remake to play on Switch OLED.

Gonna wait to see what the consensus is on Callisto Protocol after a month or so. The leaked gameplay I saw wasn't that hot. Melee combat looked JANK! Plus lots of 360 era cinematic nonsense which I have little interest in these days. Hope it's good though.

Tomorrow is trash day and Midnight Suns can go straight into the dumpster tbh.

Hugare

Callisto will be the perfect palate cleanser after the bloat from GOW Ragnarok

10-12h action focused horror game

My most hyped game for a good while

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Neither for me.

Got too many games to play, and probably won't be getting anything new until Like a Dragon: Ishin lands in February.

Last edited:

NinjaBoiX

Neither, I almost never buy games at full price.

But I’ll give Calisto Protocol a whirl once it’s like £20.

Never heard of the other game.

Katajx

Gold Member
Depending on reviews I might need to get Calisto.. I ran out of cash since Im on unpaid sick leave... Might have to overdraft my account and risk a fee... I am starving for games and I'm not playing anything for the first time in a long while... Please save me Calisto, I'm going crazy.
Don’t do that. Depending on what your circumstances you could make it more manageable in the short term. For instance on PS5 you could get a $50 PSN card and a $20 and use PayPal(if you have it) and use pay in 4(if approved). No interest and would be $17.50 then that 3 more times in 2 week increments.

Top Bottom