• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotia

Banned
http://comicbook.com/2016/01/08/captain-america-civil-war-merchandise-suggests-spider-man-first-/

Captain America: Civil War Merchandise Suggests Spider-Man First Look Could Be Coming January 15

Hype rising...

tumblr_ljtnnkONJ81qeznyno1_400.gif

Can't wait

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
http://comicbook.com/2016/01/08/captain-america-civil-war-merchandise-suggests-spider-man-first-/

Captain America: Civil War Merchandise Suggests Spider-Man First Look Could Be Coming January 15

Hype rising...

Sounds about right.

Sorry if this has been answered already but does anyone know what the hell War Machine is holding? It looks like a metal detector wand.

jpeg

I think it's supposed to be some sort of hammer? One of the marketing things called him War Hammer too.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Captain America: Civil War Directors Say They Don’t Know If Fans Will Be Prepared For What Movie Includes

When we asked what impact Captain America: Civil War is going to have on the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Joe Russo replied, “It's going to be more evolved than it ever has been with in any of the films. Winter Soldier created a seismic shift in terms of the world of the Marvel Universe. This is going to create a seismic shift in the psychology of the character which is more profound. It's a very profound shift.”

Joe Russo added, “For us, we really are firm believers in stakes. We like movies with high highs and low lows and we just feel like you get a more well-rounded experience in that type of film. Now that we’re engaged in serialized storytelling, it starts with Winter Soldier and ends with the Infinity War movies. We feel it's very important that those four films, Civil War, and both Infinity War movies, have a very profound effect on the audience. I think a lot of shocking things are going to happen, which is really interesting because you haven't had this kind of... maybe other than Harry Potter, I guess you can count the Bond series… but the kind of investment over a period of time with this many characters behaving in a universe. I think our job is to send you on a very profound experience between now and 2019 and it starts with Civil War. I don't know if people will be prepared for what this movie is going to include.”

Pachimari

All of Spider-Man, Black Panther and Vision will have strong arcs.

"It's a big movie and it includes a lot of characters. I think that a lot of them have really interesting arcs. I think Spider-Man in particular has a really fascinating arc." Said Joe Russo. Anthony Russo then chimed in and said, "Certainly Black Panther, who we introduce. Similarly there, introducing a character gives you a great opportunity to take them on a ride, you know?" Last but not least, Joe ended off the exchange by adding, "Vision goes on a journey, as well."

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
this film is officially beyond containment level 9000. MOar trailers, the only thing left would be a daredevil/matt murdock cameo or something...I wouldn't know how to process it all.

Dalek

this film is officially beyond containment level 9000. MOar trailers, the only thing left would be a daredevil/matt murdock cameo or something...I wouldn't know how to process it all.

"Your honor, I am Matthew Murdock and I am representing my client James Buchanan Barnes."

Pachimari

Russos on General Ross:

“And I think he's learned from his over-aggressiveness in that movie and he's become more of a politician. He's much savvier now. And he's cornering the Avengers [because] superheroes have always been a [problem] to him; he's not a fan of them.

No Red Hulk in Civil War.

About Spider-Man:

“He's doesn't have a huge investment politically, but he develops a very personal relationship while he picks his side. I won't talk about the personal relationship he develops, but it's very interesting. One of the most special parts of the movie.”

More in the video at vv.q.com.

Hmm...I could see Peter being excited to be working with Tony, but getting close with Steve. Don't Peter and Steve had like a mutual respect relationship in the comics, or am I remembering that wrong?

Or it could be with Fury, if they're taking cues from Ultimate Spiderman

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Hmm...I could see Peter being excited to be working with Tony, but getting close with Steve. Don't Peter and Steve had like a mutual respect relationship in the comics, or am I remembering that wrong?

Or it could be with Fury, if they're taking cues from Ultimate Spiderman
Peter has a deep respect for Steve Rogers, but I never read about Steves perspective. But Peter gained Steves respect on a couple occasions.

The Kree

Banned
War Machine is literally a flying tank. Giving him a baton seems like... I don't wanna say overkill... but... How many more ways does he need to whip somebody's ass?

Exclusive: This is how Spider-Man will enter the Marvel Cinematic Universe

The details are pretty spoilers but essentially it looks like Spidey will join Team Stark.

"We know from trailers and other art that Team Cap consists of Captain America, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Sharon Carter, Hawkeye, and Ant-Man. Stepping up for Iron Man is Black Panther, The Vision, Black Widow, and War Machine. It seemed a little unbalanced, with a 6-on-5 matchup. Spider-Man’s addition to the team would even things out. "

Lmao, it seemed unbalanced in FAVOR os Stark, not against him. Spidey joining up just adds to the pounding

"We know from trailers and other art that Team Cap consists of Captain America, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Sharon Carter, Hawkeye, and Ant-Man. Stepping up for Iron Man is Black Panther, The Vision, Black Widow, and War Machine. It seemed a little unbalanced, with a 6-on-5 matchup. Spider-Man’s addition to the team would even things out. "

Lmao, it seemed unbalanced in FAVOR os Stark, not against him. Spidey joining up just adds to the pounding
Ant man can solo 99% of team stark... Wanda can deal with Vision.

Exclusive: This is how Spider-Man will enter the Marvel Cinematic Universe

The details are pretty spoiler heavy but essentially it looks like Spidey will join Team Stark.

Another thing, article says that Civil War takes place 10 years after Iron Man, which contradicts common MCU knowledge and what the Russos have said which is that unless otherwise stated the movies take place roughly in "real time". As in, Civil War should be 8 years after Tony Stark first gets his suit. Normally an unimportant point but when it's supposed to be the reason why Spider-Man is in the movie, seems like a specific call-out

Also I like the idea better that Infinity War happens 10 years after Iron Man. It's poetic, the climax to the first part of the MCU

Or maybe I'm just being one of those neurotic nerds

Another thing, article says that Civil War takes place 10 years after Iron Man, which contradicts common MCU knowledge and what the Russos have said which is that unless otherwise stated the movies take place roughly in "real time". As in, Civil War should be 8 years after Tony Stark first gets his suit. Normally an unimportant point but when it's supposed to be the reason why Spider-Man is in the movie, seems like a specific call-out

Also I like the idea better that Infinity War happens 10 years after Iron Man. It's poetic, the climax to the first part of the MCU

Or maybe I'm just being one of those neurotic nerds

Gets tricky when you remember The Incredible Hulk and Thor take place during Iron Man 2. Guessing the real time started with The Avengers? Or it doesn't matter and we're overthinking it.

Gets tricky when you remember The Incredible Hulk and Thor take place during Iron Man 2. Guessing the real time started with The Avengers? Or it doesn't matter and we're overthinking it.

Right, that's why I said aside from the times where it's outright stated, like the comic Fury's Big Week

If they say in the movie "Hey Iron Man you showed up ten years ago!" Then I guess that settles it, but until something like that pops up I just mentally assume it's all real time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom