• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Didn't the same source mention that Falcon was in the scene after Cap's death? If so, then.....Wanda ;_;.

Quick

Banned
QPbs8PK.png

QPbs8PK.png

QPbs8PK.png

The Hashtag Show has some info on the fate of certain characters:

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS, DO NOT WATCH IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYza70upD34

War Machine is no surprise according to the trailer. Scarlet Witch and Falcon tho, damn.

Though the video says the 3 death scenes may be a misdirection to throw off the real ending.

Kill off two of the black characters and one of two female Avengers? Yeah right. That would be unbelievably stupid.

HeySeuss

I see most of this thread is turning into spoiler tags. Anybody think the second trailer will be during the super bowl? I do. Couldn't do anything else that would give you more exposure than that.

The Kree

Banned
If Wanda is putting thoughts into people's heads, creating illusions, that's probably what it is. They're not gonna kill off a third of the cast.

If Wanda is putting thoughts into people's heads, creating illusions, that's probably what it is. They're not gonna kill off a third of the cast.

Oh, christ. They are going to pull a Breaking Dawn pt 2 on us. Have this huge, bloody battle at the end, then flash to show it was all an illusion and they make friends after.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I love hearing people geek out about stuff like this. Is that redwing thing a drone or is AntMan piloting it?

(I'm not a comic book guy other than a fan of the MCU)

It's a drone, remotely controlled by Falcon.

Edit: It's a telepathically controlled bird in the comics, BTW.

jph139

Does Falcon control birds or just, like, talk to them? I always assumed the latter, but it suddenly raised the question of why random birds would take orders from a dude in tights...

Did anyone back that thing up? Seems it was taken down..
Does Falcon control birds or just, like, talk to them? I always assumed the latter, but it suddenly raised the question of why random birds would take orders from a dude in tights...
Same reason fish listen to aquaman..it's a comic book.

Sou Da

Spoilers about Peter's scene in CW.

SCENE, TOP OF CHRYSLER BUILDING:

Bucky walks several flights of stairs and sees a red hooded figure

Figure turns and removes hood, it's Spider-Man

Bucky stretches out his hand offering Peter's web slingers back to him

Helicopter panning shot of scene

Credits

Spoilers about Peter's scene in CW.

SCENE, TOP OF CHRYSLER BUILDING:

Bucky walks several flights of stairs and sees a red hooded figure

Figure turns and removes hood, it's Spider-Man

Bucky stretches out his hand offering Peter's web slingers back to him

Helicopter panning shot of scene

Credits

tumblr_nu8u9q7epB1ueknm9o1_500.png

The Kree

Banned
I wonder if this movie will address Tony and Ross' meeting at the end of Incredible Hulk in any way, since it ended up that Tony basically squashed getting Abomination in the Avengers.

Dalek

I was at the grocery store this morning and they already had Captain America Civil War cereal out for sale. Seems kind of early!

IMG_0628-768x1003.jpg

not my photo

Anth0ny

I was at the grocery store this morning and they already had Captain America Civil War cereal out for sale. Seems kind of early!

IMG_0628-768x1003.jpg

not my photo

straight replacing the star wars cereal with civil war cereal. lol.

comic book movie season is upon us, friends. after that long fucking wait since antman, deadpool is out two weeks from today and then it's pretty much non stop for the rest of the year :D

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/01/29/captain-america-civil-war-is-testing-through-the-roof

We don't know what they're shooting, but I can tell you this: they're probably not changing too much, because the film has been testing exceptionally well. I have talked to a whole bunch of sources - about five at this point - and they all agree that test audiences have loved the movie. In fact, the only thing they disagree on is whether the movie tested as well as or better than Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which had previously been the best-testing Marvel movie. Further, my sources tell me that the movie doesn't pull any punches in the third act, and that if Marvel execs had been concerned about the film going dark places, these stellar test screenings have alleviated all those fears. So if the test screening audiences are right we're looking at a movie at least as good as Winter Soldier, which could be argued as the best Marvel movie yet.

Hype rising...

Winter Soldier also did really well in test screenings, and look how it turned out.

IMG_0628-768x1003.jpg

not my photo

Its early but makes sense, why switch to generic packaging or dropping the sku completely when its hype is going to start building soon anyway.
Especially if the Superbowl has the next trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom