• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Is it tonight all of the super bowl trailers will air? So will I probably be able to wake up in 9 hours time to a Civil War trailer?

HeySeuss

When did Ultrons trailer air during the Superbowl? Was it at halftime? I don't wanna get up to get a beer and miss it...lol

HeySeuss

Yeah this isn't like Vision where only people familiar with him knew who he was. This is SpiderMan. He will generate buzz that will be positive word of mouth that will get people excited. Even if it's just a tease, I would think he'll be in it.

Pachimari

Wasn't it not long ago they said, that Sony and Marvel still haven't agreed on the terms to the marketing of Spidey?

If they have solved it, I say we will get full on Spider-Man and not just a tease. Also a little glimpse of Baron Zemo.

CaqYgZ5VIAIcdo-.jpg

Team Cap won by the end of the game. Damn right!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Wanted to updated the OP, but it seems like something in the formation is broken and a lot of things dont show up properly. Has anyone a idea whats wrong? I tried multiple things but nothing changes.

Edit: Now it works.
Added the Superbowl Trailer, too.

That bit really bothered me. The slide doesn't even move even though he's only holding it with his left hand.
Well, the gun firing and the glove are both CGI, they're not going to fire anything while he's doing that, even if it was a blank. It's a detail that most people aren't looking for, and it'd be especially hard to spot from that angle, so it was probably a "good enough" deal from the cgi artists.

jrush64

Banned
So I got a question about this movie and the Civil War comics. I know the comics is about the Superhero registration act.

Is this movie also about that and Bucky because of his actions in Winter Soldier? Would they touch on Hulk[s rampage in South Africa too?

So I got a question about this movie and the Civil War comics. I know the comics is about the Superhero registration act.

Is this movie also about that and Bucky because of his actions in Winter Soldier? Would they touch on Hulk[s rampage in South Africa too?

It has a lot to do with the various event over the last several movies, including Winter Soldier and the Hydra exposure, but culminating in the events in Sokovia from Age of Ultron. The heroes are being asked to sign a document called the Sokovia Accords to provide more oversight.

jrush64

Banned
It has a lot to do with the various event over the last several movies, including Winter Soldier and the Hydra exposure, but culminating in the events in Sokovia from Age of Ultron. The heroes are being asked to sign a document called the Sokovia Accords to provide more oversight.

Ok. What about Bucky? Cap doesn't want to turn him in?

Anth0ny

Still legit shocked that Spidey isn't all over the marketing for this film. I was totally expecting that approach, even if he was only in 5 minutes of the film. Spidey + Cap + Iron Man all over posters, toys, advertisements = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

But as a fan, I'm super excited that they're keeping his reveal a "secret". When he finally does appear on screen I'm going to lose my shit.

Still legit shocked that Spidey isn't all over the marketing for this film. I was totally expecting that approach, even if he was only in 5 minutes of the film. Spidey + Cap + Iron Man all over posters, toys, advertisements = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

But as a fan, I'm super excited that they're keeping his reveal a "secret". When he finally does appear on screen I'm going to lose my shit.

I imagine Spidey starts getting teased close to when BvS comes out.

jph139

Interesting that Scarlett Johansson has third billing - I'd have expected Sebastian Stan. I'm guessing she'll have the central "whose side should I be on??" conflict going.

Interesting that Scarlett Johansson has third billing - I'd have expected Sebastian Stan. I'm guessing she'll have the central "whose side should I be on??" conflict going.

True. It could also be that this is her fifth movie playing the character. She's been around the longest after Downey and Evans.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Alternate Empire cover:

w6pB3Zh.jpg

EDIT: Also, Empire reveals that Martin Freeman will play Everett Ross.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/martin-freeman-captain-america-civil-war-character-revealed/

Captain-2.jpg

A stalwart in the Marvel comic books, Everett Ross is traditionally the US government’s man in Wakanda. It’s a role that obviously brings Freeman into Black Panther’s (Chadwick Boseman) world and makes Freeman a safe bet to be get a broader role in the standalone Black Panther movie. In Civil War he’s part of the Joint Counter Terrorist Centre.

Clearly, with S.H.I.E.L.D. now in smoking ruins and Nick Fury nowhere to be found, the JCTC (seriously, work on the acronym, people) will be trying to keep a tight rein on the like of Cap (Evans) and Bucky (Sebastian Stan).

That photo looks like the scene where Cap and Falcon surrender their equipment in the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom