• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
T'Challa... unmasked!

6CFKbNB.jpg

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I like the sound of a controversial ending. They've kinda hinted at that, you'll leave the cinema thinking "Cap was right" or "Stark was right". Very excited.

Neoxon

Why thinks everyone she dies?
A rumor from a creditable source that leaked MCU & Star Wars info in the past said that three death scenes were filmed for Scarlet Witch, Falcon, & War Machine (this isn't counting Cap's death, which is rumored to also be happening). One was a legit death that will occur in the final act, one is a red herring, & the other is a badly injured scene that will bench the character for the rest of the film. Since War Machine seems to go down earlier in the movie & Falcon was rumored to be in the scene after Steve's death, Wanda is probably the one who bites it based on process of elimination, unless Falcon being in the scene after Steve's death was also a red herring. I sincerely hope that either my logic or their info ends up being wrong.

Pachimari

I have a feeling that all the spoilers are explaining that a report said Wanda would die in this movie but it's just a hunch. I'm not reading any spoilers but I have a weird feeling she will be offed. And I'm not liking that at all.

Neoxon

I have a feeling that all the spoilers are explaining that a report said Wanda would die in this movie but it's just a hunch. I'm not reading any spoilers but I have a weird feeling she will be offed. And I'm not liking that at all.
You & me both. Hopefully Wanda will pull through.

jackdoe

I'm imagining reaching for magazines on my arms, and it just doesn't make any sense. You'd have to either bend your hand a weird angle, or grab the magazine, and then rotate it.

Platy

The internet is gonna shut down they day they reveal him. The build up is ridiculous.

IT IS THE BEST CAPTAIN AMERICA VILLAIN IN A CAPTAIN AMERICA MOVIE PLAYED BY A RIDICULOUSLY GOOD ACTOR !

And we know less than the character they are actualy keeping under wraps !

IT IS THE BEST CAPTAIN AMERICA VILLAIN IN A CAPTAIN AMERICA MOVIE PLAYED BY A RIDICULOUSLY GOOD ACTOR !

And we know less than the character they are actualy keeping under wraps !
They already confirmed Zemo will be different than the comic and won't have the mask. My hype for one of my favorite Avengers villains deflated considerably at that.

And they are probably keeping Zemo hidden to really play up the hero vs hero angle so people don't think there is a puppet master.

AMUSIX

I have a feeling that Crossbones is little more than a single fight at the beginning of the film, Spiderman has a cameo smaller than Quicksilver did in DOFP, and Zemo will be reduced to a reveal near the end of the movie.

I hope I'm wrong, but...yeah, I just don't have faith that Marvel will handle villains correctly, especially when the 'big story' is the Civil War.

AMUSIX

I can't see Spidey having a smaller scene than Quicksilver, seeing that Spidey has a confirmed character arc.

The Spidey character arc thing smacks of PR hype. He may have a small poignant scene, but a proper arc? That's more likely saved for his movie.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I've no idea of the credibility or track record, but it comes from the MCUExchange. I've been wondering if/when Hill would turn up.

Although Cobie Smulders has not been officially confirmed to reprise her role as former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Maria Hill in Captain America: Civil War, sources close to production have exclusively told MCU Exchange that, not only will Hill make an appearance in the film, but she will play a pivotal role. While she begins the conflict siding with Tony Stark, she eventually betrays him and even sabotages his suit. We’re told that this is a major turning point in a key battle of the film, and may be responsible for turning the tides towards one team.

The Spidey character arc thing smacks of PR hype. He may have a small poignant scene, but a proper arc? That's more likely saved for his movie.
No, him having an arc makes perfect sense

What better way to get people on the side of registration than to have the first public case be a popular vigilante who's an idealistic teen seen standing beside Tony as the first major registered hero in the eyes of the public? That would be a major PR win for the registration side. "See, this young smart hero understands the good that registration does. All those other powered individuals, we welcome you." Etc, etc.

I think that's going to be his arc. Nerdy Peter? His idol is probably Stark. Getting to work alongside Tony Stark, get a fancy new costume and positive recognition? He'd probably be ecstatic. But then the conflict grows worse and he probably either sides with Cap or acts as the middle man, try to get people to work together and be heroes.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I have a feeling that Crossbones is little more than a single fight at the beginning of the film, Spiderman has a cameo smaller than Quicksilver did in DOFP, and Zemo will be reduced to a reveal near the end of the movie.

I hope I'm wrong, but...yeah, I just don't have faith that Marvel will handle villains correctly, especially when the 'big story' is the Civil War.

According to this report, Spidey has a kickass fight scene, so I'm guessing he'll be at least at the level of DOFP Quicksilver in Civil War.

How many scenes will Spider-Man be in? I don't know the exact number, but sources have recently made it clear to me that there's more Spider-Man in this movie than I expected. Spider-Man doesn't just swing by and say hi - gets his hands dirty in this Civil War. He fights. And his fight scene might be the one that really gets fandom excited - not because of how top tier the face-off will be, but because of how profoundly dorky and unlike any other big screen superhero fight it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom