• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrush64

Banned
But you are expecting something brutal, you said in your last post. Don't set yourself up for that with this movie.

I'm not setting myself up for disappointment. Maybe brutal is not the right word I should have used.

I guess maybe just a more serious tone overall. Not grim dark, but just more serious.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Expect something like Winter Soldier. It wont be like Daredevil but this should have been clear before the movie has started to film.

Was at Wizard World Cleveland for the Civil War panels.

Frank Grillo said he saw BvS and said for his money, Civil War is better and that there's lots of things to pick up on you might not see in one viewing. And he's Team Crossbones.
He also said outright Cap dies and then the audience groans and said he was just kidding. So I dunno if he just spoiled the whole movie for us or is actually joking.The Russo's didn't seem too taken aback so I...don't think cap dies.

Only other things were that Civil War is much darker than WS, Nobody at the studios told them to turn it down, and that you actually might fight your friends on who's right and wrong. (There's mention of how both Tony and Steve can be right and points when they're wrong)

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
New promo art:

24764818694_33fab93d49_o.jpg

871050.jpg

shingi70

Banned
Was at Wizard World Cleveland for the Civil War panels.

Frank Grillo said he saw BvS and said for his money, Civil War is better and that there's lots of things to pick up on you might not see in one viewing. And he's Team Crossbones.
He also said outright Cap dies and then the audience groans and said he was just kidding. So I dunno if he just spoiled the whole movie for us or is actually joking.The Russo's didn't seem too taken aback so I...don't think cap dies.

Only other things were that Civil War is much darker than WS, Nobody at the studios told them to turn it down, and that you actually might fight your friends on who's right and wrong. (There's mention of how both Tony and Steve can be right and points when they're wrong)

Well that's like Ben Affleck saying BVS is better.

I am surprised how much I seem to see A to B list actors and directors on the convention circut outside of San Diego.

Pachimari

This movie picks up the pieces of Avengers: Age of Ultron in surprising and human ways and makes us feel the true cost of Sokovia.

This is what I want more of in the MCU generally, so that quote sounds good.

jph139

I still think she looks too much like Cher in the promo art. Like they smoothed over her face too much.

Also I miss the heavy eyeshadow, semi-grunge look she had. Easily the best costume I've ever seen for the character.

Neoxon

New promo pics of Scarlet Witch:

K2R10RK.jpg

XpvaMoK.jpg

O4Ew38g.jpg
It's beautiful

I am not saying that she is dead .... but she is nowhere to be see in the calendar promo art either =P

...or maybe she fights spider-man xD
If I recall, her not being used as much in marketing has more to do with Marvel-Fox relations than anything else.
Though according to That Hashtag Show, a death scene for Scarlet Witch (as well as two others) was filmed. But it's between her, Falcon, & War Machine for who actually dies in addition to Cap in Civil War. I sincerely hope that Wanda doesn't die.

Platy

It's beautiful

If I recall, her not being used as much in marketing has more to do with Marvel-Fox relations than anything else.
Though according to That Hashtag Show, a death scene for Scarlet Witch (as well as two others) was filmed. But it's between her, Falcon, & War Machine for who actually dies in addition to Cap in Civil War. I sincerely hope that Wanda doesn't die.

Than it is OBVIOUSLY a black dude because we can't reach the rule of 3
https://youtu.be/u16sKK-1oLQ

AMUSIX

A big death like Stark, Cap, Wanda, or even Widow would be pretty great, and would establish that heroes aren't always 'safe' in the MCU.

Of course, since this is based on comics, if someone dies, I would not be shocked if they were brought back in Infinity Wars...would make for some great emotional moments, both for the death and the return. Now, of course the whole 'return from the dead' thing has been done over and over and over again in comics (is there any big-name hero who hasn't died yet?) but this would be the first real time it'd happen in the movies, and so would carry weight.

Neoxon

A big death like Stark, Cap, Wanda, or even Widow would be pretty great, and would establish that heroes aren't always 'safe' in the MCU.

Of course, since this is based on comics, if someone dies, I would not be shocked if they were brought back in Infinity Wars...would make for some great emotional moments, both for the death and the return. Now, of course the whole 'return from the dead' thing has been done over and over and over again in comics (is there any big-name hero who hasn't died yet?) but this would be the first real time it'd happen in the movies, and so would carry weight.
They kinda already did that with Age of Ultron, though I suppose that they could drive the point home even further with Civil War.
Either way, if That Hashtag Show is correct (like they have been in the past), then Cap & either Scarlet Witch, War Machine, or Falcon will bite it in Civil War.

Anth0ny

New promo art:

24764818694_33fab93d49_o.jpg

871050.jpg

it continues to blow my mind that more and more of this kind of merch is released and spidey is still nowhere to be found

it really seems like they're going all out with keeping him a secret, which amazes me. seems like so much money left on the table. it's fucking SPIDER-MAN!

I have to imagine all of this stuff (toys, kids books, calendars) will get a wave 2 release right after the release of the film with spidey incorporated into it all, kinda like TFA merch and rey with the lightsaber and luke

Neoxon

it continues to blow my mind that more and more of this kind of merch is released and spidey is still nowhere to be found

it really seems like they're going all out with keeping him a secret, which amazes me. seems like so much money left on the table. it's fucking SPIDER-MAN!

I have to imagine all of this stuff (toys, kids books, calendars) will get a wave 2 release right after the release of the film with spidey incorporated into it all, kinda like TFA merch and rey with the lightsaber and luke
That makes the most sense, that way they can capitalize on Spidey's MCU appearance.

Platy

To be fair there is an interview where the Russo bros said that they CAN'T show spider-man on merch and trailers now because of how the deal with sony happened

We must be getting a new trailer soon, less than 2 months till opening. This movie is kinda losing the mindspace of the general public. We need a trailer with Spider-man pronto.

Anth0ny

We must be getting a new trailer soon, less than 2 months till opening. This movie is kinda losing the mindspace of the general public. We need a trailer with Spider-man pronto.

i wonder if they'll just give batman v superman its space, or go head on and try to compete by unveiling spider-man

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ricas-hero-into-a-villain-20160303-story.html

Description of a scene screened to Disney executives:

The clip started off with a car chase featuring a motorcycle and a black Audi SUV. The chase involved Captain America (Chris Evans), Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman), Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) and Falcon (Anthony Mackie). They pursued each other through a tunnel, which became engulfed in explosions generated by the skirmish.

Eventually, the characters emerged from the tunnel, only to be met by War Machine (Don Cheadle). It appeared as though he was on the scene to detain Captain America.
"Stand down now," War Machine angrily told the captain. "Congratulations, Cap, you’re a criminal.”

Black Panther then intervened, baring his metal claws and ripping off his mask to reveal his identity.

At its conclusion, the clip was met with generous applause. Iger noted that the film marks Black Panther's first appearance in a Disney-produced Marvel film. Separately, the character is getting his own movie, scheduled for release in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom