• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

That ending exchange.

Olsen: He has the worst costume, Black Panther.

Renner: I know, that poor guy. It’s the worst of any Marvel character.

Olsen: Yeah I thought Ant-Man was bad and then I saw him…

Renner: Cap would complain about his cowl and it’s like dude, Panther’s got three on! Terrible, sweating – if it takes you thirty minutes to go to the bathroom, that’s a problem.

Olsen: It takes me thirty minutes…

Renner: Thirty minutes! You got a mini-skirt on!

Olsen: Nah, I got pants on.

Renner: Oh, maybe that’s just a dream I had…

Quick

Banned
That ending exchange.

Renner gonna Renner.

insta002.gif

guek

Banned
I cant believe that we are just a couple of weeks away of Civil War :D

Cant fucking wait :D
Is it just me or does the marketing feel oddly understated for how close we're getting? We haven't even gotten a full trailer yet and we're less than 2 months away.

I wonder if Disney really is planning on going in hard right as BvS releases.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is it just me or does the marketing feel oddly understated for how close we're getting? We haven't even gotten a full trailer yet and we're less than 2 months away.

I wonder if Disney really is planning on going in hard right as BvS releases.

Werent we all confused when the marketing for Age of Ultron not also started rather late?

I am really glad they haven't overdone the marketing. I usually can't help myself watching trailers, so it will be nice going into it without too much being given away before.

Pachimari

There's new promo out showing both teams members. They seem to be from a brochure or magazine.

After the recent articles, I am really excited to see more of Boseman's movement and his Wakandan accent.

Also the whole airport "splash page" fight is 15 minutes long!? Woah. Imagine the Russo bros direction and fight choreography for such a huge battle.

Neoxon

Less than 2 months and still only one trailer. It's refreshing but also sucks at the same time.
I mean, even though I've seen the rumored spoilers, it's nice to have a bit of uncertainty over the whole thing. I just hope that Marvel's marketing team goes overkill with the footage after BvS drops.

jmood88

When we decided to do ‘Civil War,’ you read the books again and you realize, he really is the villain,” executive producer Nate Moore says. “He makes a series of decisions that all of us would go, ‘Well that’s questionable if not evil to do X,Y, and Z.’ So we wanted to kind of take those off the table. He’s not cloning Thor, those kinds of ideas that are really fun when you read them on the page, but I think in publishing, it took me a couple years before I was cool with Tony Stark again.”
http://www.superherohype.com/featur...captain-america-civil-war#H6JRSIrPBY2XzqhP.99

That was a good article. I love how psyched people on set were for Black Panther. Also, I found this kinda cool:

Boseman tells us there is at least one particular version of the character that he really gravitated towards with his interpretation, but he won’t tell us which. He does maintain that the countless writers that have penned T’Challa have each brought something to the character that he wants to use.

Which version do you think it was? I'm thinking Priest.

Toothless

Those character posters are a new level in bland; the only ones that look dynamic are Cap's, Vision's and Falcon's. I get Tony's, but Boseman, Cheadle and Rudd would be much cooler in costume. Scarlet Witch's could be neater too with some power show-off. Scarlett and Jeremy look about as well as they could, but besides those two and the first three I mentioned, they're boring posters.

AMUSIX

They're not really designed to be stand alone one sheets. Seeing a theater put up 6, 8, or all of them in a full wall display will definitely have the impact.

But, yeah, taken individually, they're not much. I think this is a case of digital media allowing them to offer so many different types of posters.

It is interesting to note that Team Iron Man seems to be one member light. Spidey poster to be revealed later/after the trailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom