• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMUSIX

When are we supposed to get a new trailer?

There's nothing official. Fan speculation keeps talking about this week,for a bunch of different ridiculous reasons (Agents of SHIELD returning, tickets going on sale, Civil War being covered on ET, etc). Ultimately, it's all just speculation at this point.

Still, a new trailer should be coming soonish, and there's definitely a 12th poster intended.

Toothless

They're not really designed to be stand alone one sheets. Seeing a theater put up 6, 8, or all of them in a full wall display will definitely have the impact.

But, yeah, taken individually, they're not much. I think this is a case of digital media allowing them to offer so many different types of posters.

I just don't get why they aren't in costume. Who in the general public is gonna recognize Chadwick Boseman? Also, as good as Paul Rudd is as Ant-Man, him in the helmet would've been much more effective. I get that it's supposed to be all the posters set-up against each other, but not putting the heroes in costume is a missed opportunity (with the exception of RDJ. I get why he's not in costume lol).

AMUSIX

ok, I just wanted to see them faced off against each other...

HXYCFvJm.jpg
fJGVRhum.jpg

gxYndCMm.jpg
KCjh1oQm.jpg

sxd530qm.jpg
lKENdJfm.jpg

rV6CZMMm.jpg
G4xsKdEm.jpg

S0wAUUom.jpg
aWfJGAWm.jpg

KoMw2xRm.jpg
Jv73rtmm.jpg

jmood88

I just don't get why they aren't in costume. Who in the general public is gonna recognize Chadwick Boseman? Also, as good as Paul Rudd is as Ant-Man, him in the helmet would've been much more effective. I get that it's supposed to be all the posters set-up against each other, but not putting the heroes in costume is a missed opportunity (with the exception of RDJ. I get why he's not in costume lol).
The posters are boring but what opportunity are they missing? People have these complaints all the time but the posters are pretty much meaningless. They're just there to remind people that the movie is coming out.

https://marvel.com/news/tv/25851/robert_downey_jr_readies_for_war_in_new_interview?linkId=22054497

ROBERT DOWNEY JR. READIES FOR WAR IN NEW INTERVIEW

The cracks in the relationship between Tony Stark and Steve Rogers will blossom into full-blown separation in Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War.” The battle’s been brewing over the last few Marvel Cinematic Universe films, and actor Robert Downey Jr.’s ready and willing to take Iron Man down a darker path to seek the light.

Part of Downey’s preparation for the new film sprung from his musing over the current state of that particular universe and Stark’s place in it, which he calls “mind-blowing.”

AMUSIX

Winter Soldier up against Black Panther and Falcon up against War Machine.

I hope they mix it up in that splash page fight.

Buck is Cap's pre-hero friend, the way Rhodey is to Stark...which is why I paired them that way. Also, there's a chance that Bucky's the one who fucks up War Machine.

But, yeah, as much as I love Falcon in the MCU, it did mean he's completely outclassed.

Pachimari

Oh, it's just how they have been marketed. Black Panther vs Winter Soldier and Falcon vs War Machine. They might all actually fight and mix it up in the movie though.

Gobbly

Banned
I love this!

I just didn't get him in AoU, having never read the comics he looked really ugly and seemed to do very little despite being so overpowered. I guess I just didn't understand the character very well - his very existence was poorly explained, maybe I'll appreciate him a little more in Civil War.

Neoxon

I just noticed they didn't show Rhodey's face...interesting.
Whoever is gonna die will bite it in the final act according to That Hashtag Show. And judging by the trailers, Rhodey may just be injured after the turf war between Team Cap & Team Stark. That leaves Falcon & Scarlet Witch left as the two candidates (Cap aside) who may die in this movie.

El Topo

Whoever is gonna die will bite it in the final act according to That Hashtag Show. And judging by the trailers, Rhodey may just be injured after the turf war between Team Cap & Team Stark. That leaves Falcon & Scarlet Witch left as the two candidates (Cap aside) who may die in this movie.

Let's be real:
They're not gonna kill off the only female superhero in MCU, especially not less than a year after her introduction. There's no PR move there that would make Marvel look good.

Neoxon

Let's be real:
They're not gonna kill off the only female superhero in MCU, especially not less than a year after her introduction. There's no PR move there that would make Marvel look good.
See, that's why I remain hopeful that Wanda will live. But the tidbits we've gotten from That Hashtag Show, assuming they're on-point with their scoops as usual, don't match up. Of course, the only scenario I could see Wanda surviving & That Hashtag Show being correct is if Falcon being in the scene after Steve's death was the red herring & he actually dies. Either way, either a hero of color or a female hero is gonna bite it alongside Cap according to the source, so Marvel can't win either way.

jmood88

See, that's why I remain hopeful that Wanda will live. But the tidbits we've gotten from That Hashtag Show, assuming they're on-point with their scoops as usual, don't match up. Of course, the only scenario I could see Wanda surviving & That Hashtag Show being correct is if Falcon being in the scene after Steve's death was the red herring & he actually dies. Either way, either a hero of color or a female hero is gonna bite it alongside Cap according to the source, so Marvel can't win either way.
Or they're just wrong. It's possible to be right on some stuff and wrong on others.

This year's gonna be so good to us.

Shit, I hope neither goes. I have a feeling it might be Wanda, though.

Neoxon

This year's gonna be so good to us.

Shit, I hope neither goes. I have a feeling it might be Wanda, though.
Indeed it will be.

And the 3 candidates for death includes War Machine, but I doubt that it's him who dies for the reasons previously mentioned. Though I do agree, I hope That Hashtag Show is wrong & none of them end up dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom