• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Car stereotypes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlaw

Banned
raYne said:
-Imports > Domestic... anyone who says otherwise must have grew up in hick country where everyone had a Camaro, Mustang Firebird or Dodge >insert name<.

See now...you're just talking out of your ass. Give me valid reasons as to why they are better and then maybe I'll believe you and the rest of the import lovers.

darscot

Domestic cars suck in NA it's a simple truth. There are notable exceptions. Any classic hot rod or muscle car is excempt. Note I said classic.

raYne

Outlaw said:
See now...you're just talking out of your ass. Give me valid reasons as to why they are better and then maybe I'll believe you and the rest of the import lovers.

Pfft.. because on average they're better in what counts, a good mix of balance, speed, performance and styling. Actual HP numbers, and how quick you can hit 60mph mean nothing in real world or track driving.

And fyi "imports" include more than just Japanese cars which I figure is what you think I'm solely referring to.

Hondas are made like a damn rock. They will NEVER fail you. I wonder what the stereotype is, someone who doesn't want to fix their car?

bionic77

raYne said:
You're confusing those with Civics/Integras especially "Type R's".

-Jettas, Celicas (last body style), Golfs, Beetles ("new" body style), base Mustangs, Miatas, non WRX/STI Subarus etc are all women's cars. Granted I can only speak from experience, but in NYC, Jersey and all over Florida it is a fact. Though the new thing for women are HUGE SUV's that they can't handle.

-Anthing from Oldsmobile, Buick etc is bound to be driven by some old silverhaired hunchback.

-Oh and BMW 3 series = expensive Civic... everyone and their mother has one. I'd never buy a 3 series and would promptly trade/sell one if it were given to me.

-Imports > Domestic... anyone who says otherwise must have grew up in hick country where everyone had a Camaro, Mustang Firebird or Dodge >insert name<.

Don't diss the 3 series. It is so fun to drive it should be illegal. And they look nice too. I don't get why being popular is a bad thing, there is a reason so many people buy the Accord and Camry, because they are just flat out better the the other cars in their class.

If you really want to be that different then buy some junker and rice it out.

Ecrofirt

I always preferred the look of muscle cars.

I want to buy an old thunderbird or something and fix it up so I can be the king of the streets.

raYne

Oh I don't have any real problem with a 3 series, it's just that they're FAR too popular (hence the civic comparison) especially in NYC.

Combine that with the fact that BMW hasn't had any real change to the styling since the current version was introduced waaaaaay back fuckin' when and you pretty much see the same car every ten seconds... especially silver(Jesus people, be individuals).

I'm simply tired of seeing it, which is why it would never be considered as a possible purchase.

bionic77

snaildog said:
I always wave to my fellow BMW drivers, mostly to piss my friends off (my Beamer is 1986).

Ahh, I love that car!!!!

I had a 1985 BMW back in the day, but sold it in 98 when this guy made me a offer I couldn't refuse. I actually think cars drove better before ABS. ABS just seems to kill a lot of the feel you used to have in older cars.

*places snaildog on 'people with good taste' list*

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Ecrofirt said:
I always preferred the look of muscle cars.

I want to buy an old thunderbird or something and fix it up so I can be the king of the streets.

You rock. Late 60's - Early 80's muscle cars are where it's at. I drive a Datsun 240z at the mo, you can't beat a car with no power steering, no ABS brakes or airbags to keep you on your toes. If I had the coins I'd have a livery consisting of a Tbird, 69 Corvette Stingray, Dodge Charger and a Model T based hot rod ;)

As for modern cars, I'd have a Mazda RX-8 for everyday use, and a 2005 Ford GT to crash into supermarkets with.

Back on topic, all I notice is that BMW 5 or 6 series drivers are total cockheads. AND:
womandrivers.gif

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
raYne said:
-Oh and BMW 3 series = expensive Civic... everyone and their mother has one. I'd never buy a 3 series and would promptly trade/sell one if it were given to me.

Oh god SO true.... I don't even look anymore unless it's at least a 5 series....though... I will admit... that 330... does look a bit sexy....

Teh Hamburglar said:
Subaruus are the lesbian car of choice.

SCREW YOU BUDDY! Subarus are the tits! GAF SUBARU CLIQUE REPRESENTIN'!

actually me and a buddy of mine were having a similar conversation a few days ago, and we both came to the conclusion that the Mustang is slowly becoming a girly car. I almost always see young (16-25) girls driving them, at least the newer models, not the classic ones.

The very definition of chick car:

silvereclipse.jpg

Also, I always noticed (around here anyway) that a very high number of guys that drive Jettas are gay. It's funny to see that the link in this thread earlier coincides with that.

Pimpwerx

VW is the gayest chick car company ever. And I say this as a true-blue fan of the Golf GTi and the ultimate VW, the Corrado. But besides those two VR6-powered badasses, everything else VW makes might as well come with a rainbow sticker and a collection of Broadway musicals. If you drive a Jetta, you love the cock.

Now my car, MR2 Spyder, says I've got a huge wang, and I don't need to compensate in any way. Matter of fact, the fact that it's a smaller car makes my package seem even bigger than its already monstroud dimensions. Yup, a regular pussy wagon. LOL! Seriously though, Miatas and Jettas and Beetles...San Fran or Bust. :p PEACE.

Doth Togo

Pimpwerx said:
VW is the gayest chick car company ever. And I say this as a true-blue fan of the Golf GTi and the ultimate VW, the Corrado. But besides those two VR6-powered badasses, everything else VW makes might as well come with a rainbow sticker and a collection of Broadway musicals. If you drive a Jetta, you love the cock.

Now my car, MR2 Spyder, says I've got a huge wang, and I don't need to compensate in any way. Matter of fact, the fact that it's a smaller car makes my package seem even bigger than its already monstroud dimensions. Yup, a regular pussy wagon. LOL! Seriously though, Miatas and Jettas and Beetles...San Fran or Bust. :p PEACE.

What about the Passat W8? 270hp of kick your ass up the wall with 8 cylinder ownage, xenon lamps and all wheel drive in a classic ride? Oh no my friend, VWs are definitely not gay/chick cars.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
ive had a Pontiac Vibe from Avis as company rental car for the last momth here in California. first time driving in US and first american car ive driven even though its Japanese.

so whats the verdict on my rental.

raYne

What about the Passat W8? 270hp of kick your ass up the wall with 8 cylinder ownage, xenon lamps and all wheel drive in a classic ride? Oh no my friend, VWs are definitely not gay/chick cars.

Butch lesbian/closet gay car?

[kelso]BURN!!![/kelso]

**EDIT**
silvereclipse.jpg

Not to stray of the gay/straight automobile debate, but seriously... what the hell was Mitsubishi thinking when they approved this design for the Eclipse... seriously... wtf?

raYne

Doth Togo said:
No way. Let's see you come up with $40,000. Good luck.
*rollseyes*

I wipe my ass with 40 grand.... and promptly put it back in my account where it belongs.

But I obviously wasn't being serious about the Passat comment, just running with the joke heh. That said, even though it's fairly nice I still wouldn't buy it for two reasons.

1- It falls into the "nice car, too bad I like blah, blah and blah better" category.
2- If I won 250 million in the lottery I still wouldn't spend more than 35 thousand on a single vehicle. I was raised with more sense than that.

Plus, I'd go with their sister brand (Audi, A4 specifically) before I'd buy a Passat.

Pimpwerx

Passat%20DB.sml.jpg

VW Passat: Recommended by older white women everywhere.

You were saying... ;) :p PEACE.

I drive a silver Jetta with black leather. My buddies get a lot of milage out of the gay and chick car jokes. I'm used to it though, I love my car.

And note, I am not in any way, shape, or form gay.

miyuru

Most Jetta drivers I've run into are really cocky on the road, they really piss me off. I'd be cocky in a nice car like that though.

And BTW, just because a car is powerful doesn't mean it won't fall under certain stereotypes.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
anecdote:

i drive my jetta to the store to pick up some groceries; it's a totally routine trip. i go in, pick up some ramen, half rack of pabst, some bagels, what have you. i go back outside and my car isn't where i parked it. i take a look around the parking lot, and what do i find but my jetta in a back alley totally sucking this other car's dick.

Loki

Count of Concision
drohne said:
anecdote:

i drive my jetta to the store to pick up some groceries; it's a totally routine trip. i go in, pick up some ramen, half rack of pabst, some bagels, what have you. i go back outside and my car isn't where i parked it. i take a look around the parking lot, and what do i find but my jetta in a back alley totally sucking this other car's dick.

LOL

The other car must've had a fat exhaust pi...errr, dick. Your baby was sorely tested before eventually succumbing to temptation, I'm sure. ;) :p

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Dodge Neons are total chick cars, so are Jettas... whenever I see a Jetta, I think of a sorority college girl with a headband and a ponytail and a fake tan.

Around here, if you see people driving around in Mustangs or Camaros, they're guidos (the joke is that IROC stands for Italian Retard Out Cruisin)... and considering I'm from LI, there sure as hell is a lot of them.

Lexus SUV's are another popular one... usually driven by soccer moms...

It seems that Jews around here always buy Japanese luxury cars (Lexus, Acura), never an American or a German car... but lots of wealthy, older Italians own Mercedes, BMWs...

The Mexican migrant workers around here all drive beat up Corollas or Sentras from 1989, with a million dents in them.

Indians around here always drive around in burgundy colored American sedans, or old Corollas as well.

I drive a Honda Accord... haven't riced it up tho =P

Loki

Count of Concision
djtiesto said:
It seems that Jews around here always buy Japanese luxury cars (Lexus, Acura), never an American or a German car... but lots of wealthy, older Italians own Mercedes, BMWs...

Gotta disagree on this one. :p Come to Brooklyn and you'll never see as many high-end and BMW's as you do in the Sephardic (sp?) Jewish neighborhoods here. Honestly, in a mere 3 block X 6 block area, there has to be at least 250 of them, not to mention hundreds of Lexus' and Acuras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom