• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania animated series producer wants to work on an adaptation of Metroid

Okay, I know i'm Practically just shitposting, but.. Adi:

3228c2fc4c0aa7d348c4c8bd6fd40eb4062fe10748aff1971dac7a47135875bc.jpg

Pilgrimzero

Samus is a silent protagonist and tends to go on solo missions, how would that even work as a movie/series?

Though, it worked for the original Aeon Flux. "Plop."

Matty77

While I want more non-comedy western animation for adults, in fact half my excitement for castlevania is what it's sucess could mean for the future and the fact it just exists lets me overlook it's flaws since it has hardly any competition in that space I am not sure I want this particular group doing Metroid.

I would like it to be animated adult action fare, and it should be dark in the sense of isolation, danger and horror of an alien planet and situation, I don't think I am looking for dark themes or blood and swearing when it comes to this property, and I am not sure Adi Shankar can or wants to do subtle.

Pejo

I don't know if the idea of a whole Metroid series would work too well. Maybe more of a single short?

That could be cool. Or something heavily stylized like Aeon Flux that doesn't require dialogue. Any sort of actual story would really fall apart imo.

Harlock

Warren Ellis is also very good in sci-fi. Like the format too, few episodes, but not taking so logo to be ready.

Kyuur

I think Metroid game adaptation would work much better as a short film than a series.

For a series, I think it would serve them better to make a prequel to the games. Samus' upbringing with the Chozo, their downfall, her first missions before she's a famed intergalactic bounty hunter. I think there is already some material in manga form?

jtb

Banned
Well good for you because this won't be a game.

Metroid is all about the desolation of space. That's not going to work in a TV show format.
To make it work, you'd have to make it something that's inherently not Metroid. It's a catch-22.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Fusion would be a great starting point.

SoulUnison

Banned
Yes, please. I'd like to see a take on Metroid's expanded universe that isn't Other M.

Though, I also don't think you could feasibly do an entire series that's just Samus alone on alien worlds, and having her interact with other characters (Fusion, Other M, Prime 3...) has always been...iffy, at best.

Perhaps an anthology series that follows some Chozo, some Space Pirates, some Federation members, some bounty hunters etc., with Samus showing up for meaningful cameos and tying it all together starring in the final episode/short.

RRockman

Banned
So long as it isn't unessarily vulgar then I'm down for it. My one gripe with castlevainia is that the dialogue came off way too crass for my tastes.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
That would be kinda cool and good marketing leading up to Metroid Prime 4 if it would happen, spread awareness of the brand etc.

eXistor

Ew, why would he want to make an animated Assassin's Creed, that's the most boring IP to choose for something like that. But Metroid would be a great fit indeed, just can that crusty old Assassin's Creed and try to get that made.

TreIII

Hell, why not?

We got former Castlevania LoS devs on the new 3DS Metroid, so why not let a CV showrunner take a shot at a Metroid show?

Think the more interesting thing would be which side of the mythos it veers towards. Prime or Mainline?

SalvaPot

Metroid is cool but I feel it needs a second character to help flesh out Samus on screen for a series.

Maybe have Baby Metroid be her companion and have it be hip and rap.

Don't do this to me!!!! After seeing how good Castlevania turned out now I'm yearning for a Metroid adaptation! But this is Nintendo! It'll never happen.

Instro

Since we are talking about how to approach this, my thought we be to cover Metroid 1 with flashbacks to Samus's life with the Chozo interspersed. The latter containing most of the talking sections, while the former being mostly action and isolation.

Top Bottom