• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 - |OT| - Dead and Loving It!

Thank you OP. I was pretty much sold anyway. Yet your enthusiasm tipped me over the edge. Preordered.

I really enjoyed the first game. I liked how it took its time and had really detailed environments. I can't wait to find out how it ends.

Tampler

That's what Cox said. To be honest, this game's editions have been a pain to acknowledge as there are conflicting sources. I'll update the op.

Yeah, no worries!

Great OP btw. I am hyped. managed to play through LoS and MoF early this month, so I'm prepared! :)

I've uploaded the whole thing to Youtube if you want to listen, but just as a warning, there are slight spoilers in the titles:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_4d9csJwbiNVeGVH-cJQ_A/videos?view=1

nice!

I like to listen to tracks in the game first, but I'll definitely check out the tracks from the demo while I wait a couple days more

I really enjoyed the first game. I liked how it took its time and had really detailed environments. I can't wait to find out how it ends.

The landscapes actually felt epic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FyuJVVbuH8

Great OT! Few corrections:

- Why isn't the special edition coming to US?
Castlevania is more popular in Europe, the first game sold (to retailers) more than 1 million but only about 300k in NA. The series is also inexplicably popular in Latin America.

This is not correct. I can't give specifics, but that was not the reason the special edition is coming to the US and those are not the numbers we sold through by region. The game is certainly popular in LATAM, though.

- Should I play 1/MoF before this game?
- Not neccessarily. While Mirror of Fate is very important plot-wise, gameplay is different in the three games, with only the combat being their similarity. If the above story summary doesn't do it for you, Lords of Shadow 2 includes a nice CG summary at the beginning of the game. It's, however, highly advisable to play LoS as it's a good game on itself (85 Metacritic on PS3). The "Ultimate Edition" is cheap right now and it includes Mirror of Fate. Give it a go if you like the genre, or perhaps after playing LoS2.

The Ultimate Edition refers to the PC version, which is an updated (visually) version of the original with DLC (but no MoF HD). The Collection is what came out for consoles and included the DLC and MoF HD.

- Is it coming to WiiU?
Don't do this to yourself.

Thank you for this.

Ahasverus

Great OT! Few corrections:

This is not correct. I can't give specifics, but that was not the reason the special edition is coming to the US and those are not the numbers we sold through by region. The game is certainly popular in LATAM, though

The Ultimate Edition refers to the PC version, which is an updated (visually) version of the original with DLC (but no MoF HD). The Collection is what came out for consoles and included the DLC and MoF HD.

Thank you for this.
Awsome. That 300k figure was posted here on gaf. I'll update the bit about US with a politically correct "we don't know". Please stay around and join the party!
And help ups

Awsome. That 300k figure was posted here on gaf. I'll update the bit about US with a politically correct "we don't know". Please stay around and join the party!
And help ups

Thank you, and will do.

For those asking about the soundtrack, it can be acquired digitally at http://www.sumthing.com/p/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-1/ day and date with release. And we have 2 additional exclusive tracks for those that register their game on Konami Core.

Art book is eventually coming over to the 'States. Though our licensing guy is out today so I don't have a hard date.

Is it region locked on PC right? :(

It's "locked out" for certain countries, but the limit on countries where you purchase vs. countries where you play is only restricted by currency and pricing (ie, no Russian traders). For those in regions where purchase in unavailable, please contact the local corresponding branch at http://www.konami-digital-entertainment.com/contact.php and tell them you want CVLOS2 in your region (I'm from the US branch rep, so I'm limited in how I can help).

Ricker

Nice OT....so nothing carries over from LoS right...? played the first on the 360 but I would love to get the PC version for this one...this and Thief on the same day...the early year drought is finally over...

Volcynika

Steam is blocked here, is the game gonna unlock at 1PM EST or midnight EST? I'm betting the former since that's when Rising unlocked, but here's hoping. Not sure if it has a timer of X days and X hours or just says Feb 25th.

Steam is blocked here, is the game gonna unlock at 1PM EST or midnight EST? I'm betting the former since that's when Rising unlocked, but here's hoping. Not sure if it has a timer of X days and X hours or just says Feb 25th.

So, I just got through talking to Digital team, it's going to be available for pre-load tomorrow, Friday the 21st, at 10AM PST. It will be going live (unlock) on Tueday, the 25th at 10AM PST as well.

Volcynika

So, I just got through talking to Digital team, it's going to be available for pre-load tomorrow, Friday the 21st, at 10AM PST. It will be going live (unlock) on Tueday, the 25th at 10AM PST as well.

Thanks for the info! That's my birthday so I'm taking off and will enjoy that when it's live! :D

This game better not suck. If it doesn't suck I'll get it and the first LoS.*

*15 fps drove me away.

Don't get the 360 version if you have a choice in the matter, my understanding is that it has more framerate issues and the game is split across 2 discs.

The PS3 version dropped frames, but it wasn't 15fps bad.

Man, I wish I could afford this game right now. It looks incredible, and I loved the first. Alas, I shall pick it up on PS3 at some point in the future.

Looking forward to hearing impressions when it releases!

And the PC version runs at 60fps on a toaster.

Yes, the PC version is definitely the best version technically and it's not even close.

Lords of Shadow had such a variety of environments. The environments felt like they had a history too, which was great for an action game.

Most games talk about creating a world for you to explore and then play like you're wandering around a 1/32nd scale train set. LoS actually captured some sense of how big things are out in the world and I love it for that.

mephixto

Banned
iKUCeAu.jpg

I'll take this one, nice OT btw.

Thanks

rvy

Banned
Don't get the 360 version if you have a choice in the matter, my understanding is that it has more framerate issues and the game is split across 2 discs.

The PS3 version dropped frames, but it wasn't 15fps bad.

Buying a multiplat on PS3? What's the catch? LoS 2 demo on PS3 didn't impress me, alpha effects issues all over.

rvy

Banned
Make sure to get the "Complete Edition" because in some places it's sold at the same price of the "Vanilla" edition.

Is that the one with Mirrors of Fate or whatever it's called? Sure. I doubt they even sell the OG game in shops.

ZeroX03

Banned

Will pre-loading be available on PS3 as well?

Can we have one thread without the stupid comparisons? Nobody ever winds up happy. I like Kojima and Mercurysteam's work, they're both good. Now can we move along?

Wow good for them for getting it to fit. Just hope that doesn`t mean a shorter game! I played the first for 20 hours with lots of exploration. 100% completion did take a while.

A lot of space for the first game was taken up by Bink-encoded video, they might be using a better solution in this one.

Top Bottom