• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Climate denial will be the official policy of Trump’s administration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember: only around half of all eligible voters actually voted this year, and of those, fewer than half managed to elect the orange buffoon thanks to the perverse quirks of the electoral college.

The majority of Americans don't support him.

meaningless, if they really didn't support him then they should vote. Hopefully this country woke up on November 9th realizing that voting actually matters, not just bitching about shit on twitter and Facebook

Squalor

Future Republicans: "If liberals knew climate change was such a big issue, why didn't they do more to change things and inform us? They didn't really care. Only we can fix things now. We will get your coal and oil jobs back and fix climate change."

Future idiots: "Yeah, that sounds right."

Future Republicans: "If liberals knew climate change was such a big issue, why didn't they do more to change things and inform us? They didn't really care. Only we can fix things now. We will get your coal and oil jobs back and fix climate change."

I can totally see this happening.

Pomerlaw

Trump CAN'T get out of Paris agreement, it would take at least 4 years before you guys are out of it. The next president (maybe you guys won't vote for a science illiterate idiot next time) can re-ratify the treaty.

CITIES, STATES, COMPANIES AND INDIVIDUALS are ultimately what will decide of the future. And that future is greener. The speed of the transition is what we can influence.

The retards in the White House can deny the science as long as they want and try to bring back coal (lol... This industry will never come back to what it was... It is OVER), nothing will stop the transition except if everyone gives up.

Get you chin up, visit my climate change thread and do your part.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1319159&highlight=trumped

Note : many republicans think Climate change is real.

Pretty much. A lot of dumbasses out there tbh.

Morts

Trump CAN'T get out of Paris agreement, it would take at least 4 years before you guys are out of it. The next president (maybe you guys won't vote for a science illiterate idiot next time) can re-ratify the treaty.

CITIES, STATES, COMPANIES AND INDIVIDUALS are ultimately what will decide of the future. And that future is greener. The speed of the transition is what we can influence.

The retards in the White House can deny the science as long as they want and try to bring back coal (lol... This industry will never come back to what it was... It is OVER), nothing will stop the transition except if everyone gives up.

Does the treat spell out consequences for the US if he doesn't enforce the Paris agreement?

Just remember: only around half of all eligible voters actually voted this year, and of those, fewer than half managed to elect the orange buffoon thanks to the perverse quirks of the electoral college.

The majority of Americans don't support him.

A relative majority is no less powerful or meaningful, and it stands to be determined if those who didn't vote would hypothetically result a different candidate if they had. So we're left not with "this man is not representative of this country" but "this man represents a solid percentage of this country, and perhaps more".

Haunted

US influence is going to get weakened over the next couple years.

China and Russia are going to become stronger. The Brexit is going to weaken the EU to some extent, but with Merkel de facto taking over the "leader of the free world" moniker from the US president, EU's influence on the global stage will not wane as much.

Blader

Trump can't legally withdraw from the Paris deal for four years, but there's nothing stopping him from just actively not pursuing any of those goals during his term.

I agree that cities and increasingly green-conscious companies, plus the continuing decline of coal no matter what Trump says, will help to keep climate action from completely backsliding.

I don't think that many Republicans believing in climate change is any kind of consolation, though, when the major decision makers and the party as a whole continue to ignore it.

fuck that.

I've said it before, gloves are fucking off. We need to go all in GOP style.

Stop trying to take the high road.

This episode of Bail my Fail has been brought to you by:

Exxon Mobile: Helping the economy, one carbon ton at a time!

And

Doritos Crunch: Palming our future, one chip at a time.

Regardless of what his administration says and/or does regarding climate change, I'm still committed to taking steps to help offset my carbon footprint and being a good example for those around me (my next car will be electric, I will be installing solar paneling on my first home, cutting down on beef in my diet, etc.). If the world is fucked, then so be it. I'll at least know that I tried to be part of the solution rather than the problem.

fuck that.

you guys have to be more direct in calling out the GOP hypocrisy, the high road doesn't work, especially since it relied on people having critical thinking skills to understand when the GOP was manipulating them

Media

With how vocal he's been been about hating on wind energy, due to his feud in Scotland, it makes me worry about my husbands job.

Regardless of what his administration says and/or does regarding climate change, I'm still committed to taking steps to help offset my carbon footprint and being a good example for those around me (my next car will be electric, I will be installing solar paneling on my first home, cutting down on beef in my diet, etc.). If the world is fucked, then so be it. I'll at least know that I tried to be part of the solution rather than the problem.

Brah... he can legislate taxes and all kinds of restrictions/fees onto electric cars, solar, renewables, ect... making them less cost effective. He can, and will surely try to f*** you over, and the rest of the planet.

Edit:
fuck that.

Ditto this. F*** the high road. The states between the West and East coast are clueless idiots with zero critical thinking skills.

Brah... he can legislate taxes and all kinds of restrictions/fees onto electric cars, solar, renewables, ect... making them less cost effective. He can, and will surely try to f*** you over, and the rest of the planet.

Edit:

Ditto this. F*** the high road. The states between the West and East coast are clueless idiots with zero critical thinking skills.

I'm aware of what he can do, but what I'm saying is that unless things get truly out of hand, I'm willing to pay the premium to still go that route. I understand that isn't feasible for everyone, but I have the means to do so and will try my damnedest to support the companies that specialize in cleaner/renewable technologies.

I'm aware of what he can do, but what I'm saying is that unless things get truly out of hand, I'm willing to pay the premium to still go that route. I understand that isn't feasible for everyone, but I have the means to do so and will try my damnedest to support the companies that specialize in cleaner/renewable technologies.

Ah I see. I will be doing the same. I'll pay the premium to get an EV and solar on my roof in the next 4-5 years. Hopefully, solar next year!

I already use public transit as much as possible. And we eat meat 3-4 times a week only. And our AC is off unless it's really really hot or really really cold.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
This should rightfully be on page one of every damn newspaper in the US, together with the information of what bullshit it is and how the orange idiot actually disregards fucking proven facts that determine the outcome of the entire world, including the US.

Is it? No? There you have your reason on how this could have happened.

This should rightfully be on page one of every damn newspaper in the US, together with the information of what bullshit it is and how the orange idiot actually disregards fucking proven facts that determine the outcome of the entire world, including the US.

Is it? No? There you have your reason on how this could have happened.

Climate policy basically got zero coverage during the election. Media thought that spicy scandals were more important.

Jonm1010

Banned

Of course. Like Medicare part D, they will see the light when they have the power to claim that victory for themselves.

It is what I envision happening with Obamacare. They will name some bill the Obamacare repeal and replace act and it will in reality be a re-structuring. Fixing stuff they helped break like risk corridors. Re-organizing the marketplace to benefit their special interests. With Tom Price front and center I expect federal malpractice caps and bans to help get the AMA some kickbacks and his fellow physicians. Carve up Medicare to make it somewhat lucrative for private insurers but harm the government side by reducing the strength of the risk pool by siphoning off younger, healthier Medicare patients.

It will be a shitshow framed as a bill to help the American people and working class families. As for climate change. I actually don't think they are at that point to try and capture that victory for themselves. Which is scary.

Des0lar

will learn eventually

They literally did this when they overrode Obama's veto on the "sue Saudi government" bill.
"If this could hurt the United States, why didn't the president tell us?????"

ionitron

As a person who's poor parents live in Miami, I am legitimately terrified. Miami was a lost cause anyway, but I cannot fucking believe that people legitimately believe that climate change isn't real or a hoax. It just baffles my mind.

Goddamn the coal industry money in US politics, it's its fault that this is happening. I mean, what other country would staunchly try to keep using such a highly polluting fuel when the US has enormous reserves of natural gas – an alternative much less toxic to the atmosphere.

Completely decarbonizing the economy is something that is not going to happen as easy as many people want, but the faster coal is phased out, the better for everyone.

Nelo Ice

Banned
To those who think the left is overreacting:

When does it become okay to criticize? When will we be right to call out bad trends? How many more people must be influenced by thought leaders? How much more public money must be poured into infrastructure to prevent further damage by dangers our future president refuses to admit are real? How many more people must be fooled by foreign propaganda that is often more ubiquitous than real news? How many more nationalist officials must be appointed before we sound the alarm bells that something is going on?
Yep this is why I've been full panic mode for the past month.

Sesha

As a person who's poor parents live in Miami, I am legitimately terrified. Miami was a lost cause anyway, but I cannot fucking believe that people legitimately believe that climate change isn't real or a hoax. It just baffles my mind.

Tell a lie enough times, sooner or later people will start to believe it. Climate change denial is basically a conspiracy that's been going on for decades.

It's fucking disgusting that global warming became a partisan issue in America.

The part of the country that doesn't believe in global warming literally do so out of spite to the half that does.

Fucking tribalism destroys the world.

This was one of the issues that got me to flip from GOP to Democrat.

Climate change is measured and factual. It is not an opinion.

The denial of fact for belief. I just don't even...

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Ugh - I can totally see this happening.

Air quality in LA will be lovely a couple years into Trump's reign.

smog-la_jordan-flickr-800.jpg

^And this is WITH environmental regulations.

digdug2k

Air quality in LA will be lovely a couple years into Trump's reign.

smog-la_jordan-flickr-800.jpg

^And this is WITH environmental regulations.
California basically already said fuck off and enjoy killing yourselves, to the rest of the USA on this stuff. They're doing their own thing. It's good.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
And then, when the last sheet of ice collapses, and the world is destroyed by flames, famine and flooding... Republicans, shaken to their core, will stand atop the highest piece of land left and shout from the top of their lungs "EMAAAAAAAILS!!!!!!!"

It's amazing how much we wanted Republicans to fail (and end up in their own worst case scenario) that we completely ended up in the worst case scenario for Dems everywhere instead.

Stein should be sweating bullets right now, alongside any environmental group in the US. The best you can do is a Standing Rock protest, and it ultimately won't change things. All you can rely on are private companies belief on climate change, sans oil and coal industries.

I'd be a lot less gloomy if there was evidence that the Dem party has figured out how to make sure they're not going to lose the next election, and have some plans for 2018. But holy shit, some of the attitudes of "who cares" in this thread make it seem like Trump will win again in 2020.

RIP Earth :(

Earth will be fine its plants, animals, and humanity that are in trouble. Access to safe/clean water will be a really major issue and is already an issue for at least 1/10th of the worlds population. It is only going to get worse as humanity continues to pollute the safe/clean water we have and climate change effects get worse.

Keasar

2d7.jpg

We're all fucked no matter were we live.

And when we take our last gasping breaths it will be "We should have been also allowed to vote in the American election..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom