• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Getting close to the end on X-Factor. :(

Since I'm not ready to finish that series quite yet I'm reading the Guardians and Nova issues that bridge War of Kings to Realm of Kings. Sadly these series are almost over too.

caliph95

I don't believe that for a goddamned second. Is Supergirl a Kryptonian prostitute who becomes an assassin/cat burglar?
Lois Lane was a former prostitute that slept her way to a job at a daily bugle.

He is also going to face the aliens called the Ah-rebs Is-Lambs here to subvert our goverments

American Vampire has been on hiatus so long that I honestly forgot most of what happened in it recently. And I didn't even read the anthology yet. Which is a shame, because unlinke everything I was hearing but I was really enjoying it.

Yea, I love the book, but all my energy for it is gone, I stopped reading after volume 6. I have 7 & 8 here but I've just been saving them until Snyder finishes things up. I get he's the man at DC etc and he's out there tweeting that he'll write all star batman until he anecdotally dies but just write this one book please forget about wytches hah.

Lois Lane was a former prostitute that slept her way to a job at a daily bugle.

He is also going to face the aliens called the Ah-rebs Is-Lambs here to subvert our goverments
The only way to fully beat them is a laser powered by red, white, and blue Kryptonite.
miller supergirl was good as fuck
That's a thing?
WTF is "Skillet"? Is this some weird american thing?

They're a Christian rock superband. Pretty good, actually. I genuinely enjoy them. Some songs:

Hero
Monster
Whispers in the Dark

So that tweet isn't really worth anything.

Read the spoilers. I like this new world.
Nice to get the League formed much earlier and I hope Conner gets a YJ book when he returns.

Catching up on a few library books

Terms and Conditions - This was a very interesting idea but I just could not finish it. It is the full iTunes terms and conditions used like dialogue in a comic that pays homage to large number of comic styles. Looked great and I flipped through the art but I just couldn't read all the "dialogue" and "caption boxes". Might as well have used Loerm Ipsum but I guess a gimmick was need to tie it together.

dHrr9EV.jpg
YmbWm1K.jpg

Dept. H #1 - #6 - This was pretty good. Constantly maintained tension and it looked gorgeous. Initial premise felt a bit weird (why would you send a scientist to investigate a murder, especially one too connected to the victim) - but that is just a minor nitpick. The (very well made) HC ended on a cliffhanger though. -_-

Wonder Woman: Earth One was decent fun too. It is clearly a Paquette book more than a Morrison book which isn't a problem at all. There are definitely things I did not like (extra naive Diana, Etta Candy, lack of a clearly expressed central motivation for Diana wanting to move off the island) but still worth a read. I do think I prefer Legend of Wonder Woman.

Surviving Megalopolis - It turns out this is the second volume after some other book called Leaving Megalopolis? Have to track that down first I guess.

caliph95

Yeah Screw Hellion
Code:
[IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/87/ca/48/87ca48cf5eed123e4fcbff6559dba462.jpg[/IMG]

shingi70

Banned
Are the current X-men titles soap operaish in ways. Being a superpowered days out lives in probably my favorite aspect of the title.

Dept. H #1 - #6 - This was pretty good. Constantly maintained tension and it looked gorgeous. Initial premise felt a bit weird (why would you send a scientist to investigate a murder, especially one too connected to the victim) - but that is just a minor nitpick. The (very well made) HC ended on a cliffhanger though. -_-

If you liked this, it might be worth checking out Southern Cross by Becky Cloonan, it has a similar closed room mystery on a vessel premise, but in space, and is pretty rad. (although similar to Dept. H, it's less about solving the mystery and more a character piece)

Just wanted to say thanks for the Wonder Woman recommendations from, like, a week ago. I went with Legend of Wonder Woman by Renae de Liz. I think the students will like it.

skybald

Plastic #1
The pacing, art, and story has done nothing for me. In fact, if I had not read a small synopsis before I bought book 1, I would have no clue what is going on. I will give the book 2 or 3 more shots to flesh out just because this could be entertaining.

Plastic #1
The pacing, art, and story has done nothing for me. In fact, if I had not read a small synopsis before I bought book 1, I would have no clue what is going on. I will give the book 2 or 3 more shots to flesh out just because this could be entertaining.

I felt the same way about not knowing what was going on, but I still ended up liking it. I was especially caught off guard when the synopsis refers to the guy as one name but then the first time you ever hear his name in the book it's completely different.

hamchan

Best DC Rebirth series so far? Basically going into my local store tomorrow and buying a whole bunch of trades for DC Rebirth, just to jump on. This is like the first time ever in my life where I feel super sick of Marvel and kinda feeling DC.

Best DC Rebirth series so far? Basically going into my local store tomorrow and buying a whole bunch of trades for DC Rebirth, just to jump on. This is like the first time ever in my life where I feel super sick of Marvel and kinda feeling DC.

Superman, just below that I'd put Tec only because it has a few down issues.

Below both of those I'd put Batman and Wonder Woman and a few of the smaller series like Red Hood and the Outlaws and New Super-Man.

Bought the volumes 1s of Batman, Nightwing, TEC, Superman and WW awhile back. Will continue with Batman, TEC and WW so those are my recommendations.

geomon

Superman
Super Sons
Detective Comics
Deathstroke
Red Hood and the Outlaws

Those would be my top 5 right now.

hamchan

Superman, just below that I'd put Tec only because it has a few down issues.

Below both of those I'd put Batman and Wonder Woman and a few of the smaller series like Red Hood and the Outlaws and New Super-Man.

Deathstroke is pretty good.

Bought the volumes 1s of Batman, Nightwing, TEC, Superman and WW awhile back. Will continue with Batman, TEC and WW so those are my recommendations.

Superman
Super Sons
Detective Comics
Deathstroke
Red Hood and the Outlaws

Those would be my top 5 right now.

Thanks everyone, will pick this all up.

Aizo

Banned
What's TEC?

Also, how are Rebirth Titans and Teen Titans? I really love Wolfman's and Johns' runs of Teen Titans, but I dropped new 52 after a couple issues. That was awful. I'd like to jump back in if they're good now.

What's TEC?

Also, how are Rebirth Titans and Teen Titans? I really love Wolfman's and Johns' runs of Teen Titans, but I dropped new 52 after a couple issues. That was awful. I'd like to jump back in if they're good now.

Detective Comics.

Teen Titans has started off pretty promising, Titans started really slow but has picked up after the first arc.

kmfdmpig

What's TEC?

DeTECtive Comics is often shortened to Tec. It's mostly focused on Bat-family (Batwoman, Rod Robin, Orphan (Cass), Clayface, etc...). It has been solid since Rebirth.

Yes, Nu52 Titans was awful. The two series now are both fairly good. Not top-tier, but pretty solid. Also, if you haven't seen the Judas Contract animated movie which just came out then that would probably be right up your alley.

Aizo

Banned
DeTECtive Comics is often shortened to Tec. It's mostly focused on Bat-family (Batwoman, Rod Robin, Orphan (Cass), Clayface, etc...). It has been solid since Rebirth.

Yes, Nu52 Titans was awful. The two series now are both fairly good. Not top-tier, but pretty solid. Also, if you haven't seen the Judas Contract animated movie which just came out then that would probably be right up your alley.

Detective Comics.

Teen Titans has started off pretty promising, Titans started really slow but has picked up after the first arc.
Funny that I didn't know what TEC meant, but I'm reading that comic. I wish I was caught up to Batman to read the event. :(

I was really looking forward to the Judas Contract movie. Maybe I'll get around to watching it next week. Big holidays in Japan then, so I'll have lots of free time.

Funny that I didn't know what TEC meant, but I'm reading that comic. I wish I was caught up to Batman to read the event. :(

I was really looking forward to the Judas Contract movie. Maybe I'll get around to watching it next week. Big holidays in Japan then, so I'll have lots of free time.

If you're talking about The Button, as far as Batman 21 goes you can read it on it's own. It could basically pick up right after DC Rebirth special with nothing really missed.

The only thing that comes up before this is the return of a character that happened in an issue of Flash.

shingi70

Banned

Superman
Sucidie Squad
New Superman
Aquaman

Catching up on the last twenty pages of the thread or so after the weekend, too many pages back to be quoting on but I'm glad your liking Shutter donnie, alarm cat is pretty awesome even as his character develops as the story goes on. Shutters such a rollercoaster ride of crazyness, not every beat hits but theres a lot of fun and great art along the way.

Read first part of the button in Batman 21, I enjoyed it though was pretty much a full issue of tension/action rather than much story, presume its going to slow things down and get into that in the next part.
After all the build up in the issue seems pretty weird that we won't actually get Barry vs reverse flash, unless they go down a time/travel speed force route to bring him back again. Also I still haven't got my head around how that batarang in the foot thing would work, if reverse flash was constantly vibrating and a punch goes straight through him how does a batarang stab him?

Anyway as I mainly a trade wait on the big two pretty small list for me for the week:

Black Panther 13
Doom Patrol 6
Flash 21
Lumberjanes 37 (for the other half)

Plus the return on the best, Black Monday Murders 5 :)

kmfdmpig

Is it golden week? I remember that being a fun time, although so many places closed, which made it a bit tough. Have a good time with the movie. It's probably my favorite DC animated movie in the last few years.

Read first part of the button in Batman 21, I enjoyed it though was pretty much a full issue of tension/action rather than much story, presume its going to slow things down and get into that in the next part.
After all the build up in the issue seems pretty weird that we won't actually get Barry vs reverse flash, unless they go down a time/travel speed force route to bring him back again. Also I still haven't got my head around how that batarang in the foot thing would work, if reverse flash was constantly vibrating and a punch goes straight through him how does a batarang stab him?

Batman's explanation was basically
that he can't vibrate the bottom of his feet or he would just phase through the floor so he has to stay stable somehow. I thought it was weird too, but worked fine enough I guess.

Top Bottom