• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Supes Earth 1 any good?

Also, was this single comics originally? It says a volume 3 is in production? Are they collecting issues or are they only releasing content in a volume?

Tizoc

Atomic Robo GOAT comic, Dr. Dinosaur GOAT comic villain, Dr. Dinosaur's crazy cyborg dinosaur minions GOAT crazy cyborg dinosaur minions.

I've been saying that for years, welcome to the club!
I did the KS that was from a few months ago and am expecting my hardcovers to arrive in like 2 months time XP

How is Splatoon these days? Saw it was on sale at Best Buy and was thinking of grabbing it.

Hmm kinda tired of Saga winning everything every time.

Its always a very enjoyable but There are better series and it seems to win everything because it's so popular.

Yeah, I like it enough (and recognize it appeals to others a lot more than it does to me), but spread the wealth.

Or maybe it wins because it is really good?

It's not that good.

Speaking of things that aren't that good, reading Batgirl of Burnside and the first villain is suuuuuuuper clumsily written. I get that its supposed to be about privacy, but damn this guy is flat. Like the 2015 equivalent of a Captain Planet villain. Art is solid though.

Yeah, I gotta say, looking at the Best Ongoing/Limited category, Afterlife with Archie, Southern Bastards, and The Valiant excite me a whole lot more than Saga does. But that's just me. (And I haven't been keeping up on my Daredevil)

Saga is the best non Sunstone comic being published. Imo.

Yeah, you better put that imo there.

I think Sunstone is in this weird category area where it couldn't be nominated, else that should have taken home some awards.

Owzers

Is Supes Earth 1 any good?

Also, was this single comics originally? It says a volume 3 is in production? Are they collecting issues or are they only releasing content in a volume?

I've read the first two volumes of Superman Earth One, i'd skip them, very dull Superman stuff.

Owzers

i didn't make it past issue #5 of Grayson. It didn't help that i was looking for books to purge but i thought the book was having a lot of fun with itself but i didn't care about anything that was happening.

With all the no name stuff on those lists of course the judges would vote for the one thing they recognize.
Motherfucka lol
Never change GH
How is Splatoon these days? Saw it was on sale at Best Buy and was thinking of grabbing it.

Yeah, I like it enough (and recognize it appeals to others a lot more than it does to me), but spread the wealth.
Not even spread the wealth. It's more like allocate the wealth appropriately. I don't think Saga is better than other series. And that's not a slight against Saga. This isn't like when Alan Moore was winning everything in sight. He was right to win all those awards back then.
Ed you're so damn nice. Just say it.

Sayyyyyy it.
ha I've got nothing mean to say here. I've got legit criticisms of a series that I enjoy. Just because I enjoy or even love a series doesn't mean I can't point outits flaws or poke holes in its reception.

Or maybe it wins because it is really good?
I would strongly disagree with the assertion that Saga is good enough to win over and over again.

Saga is BKV on autopilot.

Busaiku

Why does Jem and the Holograms have to have so many exclusive covers.
Why is the Sophie Campbell cover a convention exclusive.

With all the no name stuff on those lists of course the judges would vote for the one thing they recognize.

76qclMs.jpg

ytNfbK2.jpg

5m0rtff.jpg

yg1S8sU.jpg

6RIKBLr.jpg

And I could post a set of panels from Afterlife that would blow you away, but I think it's kind of spoilery.

Besides, can you even say Valiant is that underground anymore when Book of Death #1 has sold over 70k copies lol

Just finished MGS V. *salutes* awesome.

The game is similar to my favorite JRPG Xenogears. It has a disc 2 syndrome where clearly Konami showed up and said release it. But even with that I loved it. My GOTY so far and #3 favorite Game in the series.

Just finished MGS V. *salutes* awesome.

The game is similar to my favorite JRPG Xenogears. It has a disc 2 syndrome where clearly Konami showed up and said release it. But even with that I loved it. My GOTY so far and #3 favorite Game in the series.

Definitely. Episode 51's omission was really odd.

Vyer

Glad to see the Robo stanning in here. Good shit.

Also, my neighbor has these weird orange flowers that are kind of tall in his yard. I had the sudden urge to pull them out of the ground when I saw them. Might ease up on the MGSV a bit.

Just finished Superman: For All Seasons.

It was great. Really great. My favorite parts was
Jonathan Kent's "My son is old enough to say goodbye"
moment and
the whole winter part. I loved Lana Lang's voiceover and everything else.
Also, the
two kisses
were good.

I strongly recommend it.

A wonderful book. Like every Sale/Loeb book...
Whenever people talk about how Superman isn't an interesting character, that's the book I recommend

Boogiepop

Well, I did say few lol

Bloodshot and Shadowman... probably won't hook you. They are great, don't get me wrong, but they're not the series that'll really show you what separates Valiant as a publisher. My usual go-to suggestions are:

The Valiant
Harbinger vol 1
Ivar, Timewalker vol 1
Archer & Armstrong vol 1
The Death-Defying Dr. Mirage vol 1

Any of those, just pick the one that appeals to you
except Ivar, which seems to appeal to no one for some bizarre reason, but is secretly their best current series
. They are all $10 trades, as well, so they won't break the bank.

So, after posting this, I actually went to Baltimore Comic Con for the day. And among other things... I did indeed grab a tiny bit more Valiant. Got Archer & Armstrong Vol 1, and Quantum & Woody Vol. 1 (which was literally like $2). So we'll see how I like those.

Actually got a pretty good haul in general. Almost all of the rest of Invincible Iron Man I needed, two of the five Lucifer trades, a BPRD Plague of Frogs, and my personal happiest find that I missed till RIGHT when I was about to leave: Usagi Yojimbo Saga 2-4 for $10 a pop! Oh, and a nice little stack of cheap manga that filled in some gaps that I needed to fill (including My Hero Academia, yay!)

Oh, and I actually brought along my Usagi Yojimbo Saga 1 and had Stan Sakai sign it. He seemed super cool, and even did a neat little Usagi sketch along with the signature! I half considered going back with those other Sagas when I bought them but I was happy with what he signed already. And I considered lugging my Don Rosa big old hardcover boxset thing, but as I was already lugging the Usagi Yojimbo and knew I would be buying stuff in all likelihood, I opted out of that. Honestly felt I was right in also thinking that I may not have been a "big enough fan", since I've only read that hardcover as far as Duck stuff goes, at least so far.

So, after posting this, I actually went to Baltimore Comic Con for the day. And among other things... I did indeed grab a tiny bit more Valiant. Got Archer & Armstrong Vol 1, and Quantum & Woody Vol. 1 (which was literally like $2). So we'll see how I like those.

Actually got a pretty good haul in general. Almost all of the rest of Invincible Iron Man I needed, two of the five Lucifer trades, a BPRD Plague of Frogs, and my personal happiest find that I missed till RIGHT when I was about to leave: Usagi Yojimbo Saga 2-4 for $10 a pop! Oh, and a nice little stack of cheap manga that filled in some gaps that I needed to fill (including My Hero Academia, yay!)

Oh, and I actually brought along my Usagi Yojimbo Saga 1 and had Stan Sakai sign it. He seemed super cool, and even did a neat little Usagi sketch along with the signature! I half considered going back with those other Sagas when I bought them but I was happy with what he signed already. And I considered lugging my Don Rosa big old hardcover boxset thing, but as I was already lugging the Usagi Yojimbo and knew I would be buying stuff in all likelihood, I opted out of that. Honestly felt I was right in also thinking that I may not have been a "big enough fan", since I've only read that hardcover as far as Duck stuff goes, at least so far.

Good pick-ups m8. I am saddened that none of these creators came to my con because they were in Baltimore this weekend. :(

Finished up Whedon's Astonishing X-Men last night. Fantastic. Very emotional ending. Some really badass stuff going on. Another of my favorites.

Also started reading War of Kings. Only issue so far is that Crystal is drawn in such a way that apparently she's constantly ready to take it.

Marvel should OVA's of certain runs on their books. Astonishing could be a four episode OVA.

Just don't do it anime style.

Actually, all comic companies should do that. Or give me more animated series.

I really need a good comic animated series to come out, now.

Woot, so pleased to see Rachel Rising recognized at the Harvey's. Lumberjanes is that solid, huh? Good to know. Nice to see Six Gun Gorilla and Mouse Guard with nominations. Bitch Planet nominated for best new series? Interesting. I haven't loved Deconnicks writing, though I've really tried (Pretty Deadly, Captain Marvel). Is Bitch Planet legit good? Dark Horse Presents is so, so good. I miss it, but I just can't keep up. Looks like gaf-fav Valiant got props via multiple noms. Nice.

Marvel should OVA's of certain runs on their books. Astonishing could be a four episode OVA.

Just don't do it anime style.

Actually, all comic companies should do that. Or give me more animated series.

I really need a good comic animated series to come out, now.

They did a motion comic of all of Astonishing. There was also Iron Man: Extremis and a Spider-Woman mini. They're not great.

Also, if any future ones are like the recent DC movies, they can keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom