• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'm going to do it. I'm going to read everything that modern Valiant has put out/is putting out. Of course, at this point it basically means all I'm doing different from what was happening naturally is reading all of Shadowman.

lol

It's not that bad. Really. At least the Jordan issues are pretty good to great.

Nah, I'm only purposely mean to Lunchpod, but even then not really.

:D

Hey, at least you're acknowledging it. That's progress, right?

Owzers

I haven't read a comic today, put two sets of comics up on ebay, and need to request a return for my Lois statue for paint/chipped foot. I think that puts me in negative territory for comic related things.

VanWinkle

Aww my wife picked me up the Batman Day comic while I was at work. I was sad that I couldn't get it, so I'm happy.

lwwo_Ar_CSq_Xfz_Uw_Sw_TT_Jmwzn_Rjhotb_BXHe_WFc_DVp1c_LAYsp.jpg

We don't all have that Messi money ;)

But I don't think I'm passing on anything but earth one, nightwing, andjsutice league besides weird stuff like batman '66 which doesn't seem up my alley. The rest I'd rather have in physical form. I want batman and robin but partly bitter on how few issues they bundle.

Man, Earth One is sooo good, though.

Wanderer5

Is Grayson worth picking up? Was thinking about getting around with the adventures of Agent Grayson, and might dive into this sales then.

B.K.

I bought The Killing Joke and The Long Halloween from Comixology tonight in the Batman sale. They're my first Batman comics. I hope they're good.

Wanderer5

Only DC series worth reading, really.

:p

Should I just get the single issues? I not sure if I going to care about Future's End (especially after hearing about it.<.<) nor Secret origins in the tradeback unless they are needed to under the Grayson series.

I might check out Long Halloween then tradeback wise.

i've got the avatar fever.

Now this... this I approve of. Nice Perfectly Ordinary Citizen avatar.

I should read Atomic Robo.

I missed that sale.

Dammit. lol

If you read it on their website it's freeeeee~
Just remember to turn off adblocker.

Should I just get the single issues? I not sure if I going to care about Future's End (especially after hearing about it.<.<) nor Secret origins in the tradeback unless they are needed to under the Grayson series.

I can't remember if I read the Secret Origins issue, so no recommendation on that, but my outstanding policy on Future's End tie-ins is "fuck Future's End with a garden rake," so definitely avoid that.

Pretty sure it's less expensive to get the trade and get the Future's End story anyway, which is actually a whole lot better than you'd expect from some silly tie-in.

If you read it on their website it's freeeeee~
Just remember to turn off adblocker.

I know. I'm partially looking for validation.

Wanderer5

Pretty sure it's less expensive to get the trade and get the Future's End story anyway, which is actually a whole lot better than you'd expect from some silly tie-in.

I know. I'm partially looking for validation.

I should probably look at the digital stuff rather than amazon heh. In fact I should check out Play Book to see if i can get goodies for my tablet. Yeah it $4 for the volume digitally.

VanWinkle

Man, that Batman sale really got me good. I bought every single graphic novel on that that I don't already own physically except for Arkham Knight, Arkham Asylum, and The Killing Joke (I want to buy that one physically). Nine books total that I bought. Most of them were ones that I had on my Amazon wish list, though, so it's not like I just bought stuff for no reason.

Now, to just wait for my Galaxy Tab S 8.4 to come in the mail. CAN'T WAIT. Dat 2560x1600 AMOLED display.

Harley Quinn is also very good. You didn't buy Gotham Academy? That is awesome.

I'm only talking digital. I got eternal, academy, and one other as physical copies in the amazon sale.

Harley Quinn I stopped buying but I collected pretty far in. I think I went up to like issue #15 or #16.

I should probably look at the digital stuff rather than amazon heh. In fact I should check out Play Book to see if i can get goodies for my tablet. Yeah it $4 for the volume digitally.

Not sure what you use to read but Kindle has the books on sale for the same price if you're interested. I think it's a little easier reading with kindle if you're using a PC, depends on what devices you use to read digitally but they price matched each other for everything, just as an FYI.

VanWinkle

I'm only talking digital. I got eternal, academy, and one other as physical copies in the amazon sale.

Harley Quinn I stopped buying but I collected pretty far in. I think I went up to like issue #15 or #16.

Out of curiosity, how much was the physical version of Gotham Academy in that sale? I was at work at the time so I didn't get a chance to see.

Wanderer5

Not sure what you use to read but Kindle has the books on sale for the same price if you're interested. I think it's a little easier reading with kindle if you're using a PC, depends on what devices you use to read digitally but they price matched each other for everything, just as an FYI.

I have a android tablet. Google play price matched the sale too.

VanWinkle

Does Kindle have guided view like CMX?

From the little time I had with the Kindle app with comics, I think it has a thing where the panel you're in zooms in a little bit and the rest of the panels get darkened in the background. In a way I kind of prefer it to the guided view, as I have a better sense of the panel's place in the page.

From the little time I had with the Kindle app with comics, I think it has a thing where the panel you're in zooms in a little bit and the rest of the panels get darkened in the background. In a way I kind of prefer it to the guided view, as I have a better sense of the panel's place in the page.

You can alter the settings in CMX so it doesn't black out the surrounding panels, I believe.

Take advantage of those free returns man.

It's usually a moot point. There was one I sent back 3 times and it came barely less mangled than before. It's literally how they pack and customer service said they can't tell them how to pack. For the trades if it's shrinkwrapped to a piece of cardboard it's usually find but in the last year I get most of them loose in a big box with absolutely nothing else in the box, or like a single square of those airbag strips which clearly isn't enough to hold anything in place with how tiny one square is. Plus this year it's my friend's year to pay for prime so I feel bad asking for too many returns when it's her account. I pretty much use amazon for nothing now unless the price is dirt cheap.

It's usually a moot point. There was one I sent back 3 times and it came barely less mangled than before. It's literally how they pack and customer service said they can't tell them how to pack. For the trades if it's shrinkwrapped to a piece of cardboard it's usually find but in the last year I get most of them loose in a big box with absolutely nothing else in the box, or like a single square of those airbag strips which clearly isn't enough to hold anything in place with how tiny one square is. Plus this year it's my friend's year to pay for prime so I feel bad asking for too many returns when it's her account. I pretty much use amazon for nothing now unless the price is dirt cheap.

Ack. Well, they usually get it right on the second try for me, although things have been notably better since they've started using USPS over UPS. Kind of strange, but it may be a coincidence.

VanWinkle

I'd say my trades are messed up maybe one in five times with Amazon. Not terrible, but it could be better. They usually use boxes now for me but occasionally they'll use envelopes and I know that there's a good chance it will be messed up.

I'd say my trades are messed up maybe one in five times with Amazon. Not terrible, but it could be better. They usually use boxes now for me but occasionally they'll use envelopes and I know that there's a good chance it will be messed up.

Yeah, this is usually my biggest problem with video games, books, whatever is they love using those damn bubble envelopes and so whatever is inside is usually jacked up to hell because it was under a million heavy boxes. I've actually had worse luck with hardcover books from them since those I've NEVER had any airbags in so it's left to severely dent all the corners and in some instances damage the spine from how much it's thrown around.

Might sound douche but my time is too valuable and it's not worth hoping they do their only job correctly when they've been the worst I've ever seen over the past year. It's funny too because I used to buy my trades like with they reprinted Knightfall from them and they all came pristine. It doesn't feel like that came out that long ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom