• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONCACAF Gold Cup | 7-26 July 2015 | The Ecstasy of Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1lla21

Only if you know nothing about soccer then yeah, the first was a penalty.

Bro just watch it. Stop judging with a clouded mind. He throws himself over the ball on purpose to keep it from being played. If it weren't a penalty it would've have to been an indirect free kick, but then what's the point when the ball was 7 feet from the goal?

Cuyejo

he was not falling over... clear penalty imo.

He didn't even touch the ball with his hand, it was NO PENALTY whatsoever, EVEN IF HE WERE TO TOUCH THE BALL IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES the normal, usual, common decision would be to NOT CALL A PENALTY.
This is fucking disgusting, and one of the lowest CONCACAF moments we have witnessed.

SalvaPot

He didn't even touch the ball with his had, it was NO PENALTY whatsoever, EVEN IF HE WERE TO TOUCH THE BALL IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES the normal, usual, common decision would be to NOT CALL A PENALTY.
This is fucking disgusting, and one of the lowest CONCACAF moments we have witnessed.

You must be young.

But yeah, I also believe it wasn´t a penalty.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
in case anyone goes "But but the match earlier the US lost, it wasn't rigged!". The ref was Costa Rican, I'm sure he would've had to be at gunpoint to fall to CONCACAF bullshit.

Cuyejo

You must be young.

But yeah, I also believe it wasn´t a penalty.

wat
It wasn't a penalty, lol. Please educate me then, why do you think it was a penalty?

edit: nvm, i get it, I can only think of once El Salvador forfeit a match mid game against Costa Rica for a UNCAF Cup, and of course Snow Bowl: US vs Costa Rica match.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Mexico goes to the final with 3 penalties.
There just are no words.

in case anyone goes "But but the match earlier the US lost, it wasn't rigged!". The ref was Costa Rican, I'm sure he would've had to be at gunpoint to fall to CONCACAF bullshit.

It's blatantly obvious that CONCACAF wants USA vs Mexico. If they can't get it during the Gold Cup, they'll get it for the confederations cup playoff match.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
He didn't even touch the ball with his had, it was NO PENALTY whatsoever, EVEN IF HE WERE TO TOUCH THE BALL IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES the normal, usual, common decision would be to NOT CALL A PENALTY.

the
ball
bounced
on
his
forearm

...as he braced his fall

how do you not see that??

SalvaPot

wat

It wasn't a penalty, lol. Please educate me then, why do you think it was a penalty?

Sorry, my mistake, agree with you it was a penalty, lol. Made a mistake while typing.

The "You must be young" was a joke because you said it was "one of the lowest CONCACAF moments we have witnessed", and I think we have seen several as bad as this, I think.

He didn't even touch the ball with his hand, it was NO PENALTY whatsoever, EVEN IF HE WERE TO TOUCH THE BALL IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES the normal, usual, common decision would be to NOT CALL A PENALTY.
you dont have to touch the ball in box to get a penalty, he got ragdoll'd in there. if the ref let play go on he's a bad ref, if he calls a penalty hes an evn worse ref.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mexico plays Panama tomorrow in the Pan American football semifinals, by the way. I hope the kids don't get poisoned by what happened today.

This is the worst team we had in years, functionally speaking...

It's fucking shameless what's happening right now, but oh well

Full stadium Saturday for USA vs Mexico and a meh stadium for Jamaica vs Panama or full stadium Saturday for USA vs Panama and full stadium on Sunday for Mexico vs Jamaica

419.jpg

Maybe we need some gifs in here....

The replay on univision was enough to convince me that it would never be a PK call. Even if the ball did hit his arm, it would be extremely harsh. Just because your arm touches the ball doesn't automatically qualify it as a penalty, especially when falling.

Cuyejo

Forget the handball, the clear retention of the ball in the small box is enough for a penalty.

It is ridiculous to even consider such a play as a retention attempt, he fell on the ball due inertia for fuck sake, what do you want from the poor guy, to simply disappear?
It was a bad call, from any point of view, not to mention a foul favoring Panama wasn't sanctioned just before this very play.

Do you guys have ever played soccer/football?

v1lla21

It is ridiculous to even consider such a play as a retention attempt, he fell on the ball FFS, what do you want from the poor guy, to simply disappear?

Do you guys have ever played soccer/football?

Lmao, you can clearly see himself throw himself back. Say what you want about the game against Costa Rica because that wasn't a penalty, but this was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom