• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONCACAF Gold Cup | 7-26 July 2015 | The Ecstasy of Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I'm surprised the call is being seen as that controversial.

Hand to ball since he fell on it on purpose.

And the elbow forearm helped him trap the ball. When a hand stops a slow moving ball like that especially preventing the ball from moving elsewhere seems like an obvious penalty to me.

Eff and I wanted Mexico to lose too. For that 3Rd place Match.

People getting a bit craY though. Sheesh

Are you fucking insane?

rikichi

Man, I'm so happy Jamaica won the game earlier but it seriously puts a damper on the final game if Mexico goes through.

Yall Mexicans should be ashamed.

injustica.gif

x100

And the elbow forearm helped him trap the ball. When a hand stops a slow moving ball like that especially preventing the ball from moving elsewhere seems like an obvious penalty to me.

Grow a pair of eyes. His hand didn't even touch the ball, let alone it be an intentional handball.

FuturusX

So here's the thing. The call was perhaps a bit dodgy, but the player was literally looking at the ball before his arm makes contact. The player put himself in a situation that could have easily have been avoided.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire

people are still emotional, Panama played their hearts out and they "deserve" to win WAY more then Mexico.

v1lla21

You aren't allowed to throw yourself on the ball like that though, right? he was pretty much holding the ball.
I don't know, but in that last replay it did look like the ball touched his hand/ arm.

Darknight

If Mexico "wins" at the end, it will be known in history that Panama was the real winner of the match. I really hope if they get to the knockout stage, Panama beats them. I really hope they can cool off and stay focused. I feel like they are so heated, they wont be able to perform well as a team any more.

Besides giving Mexico another chance, is has def giving them a boost in their hope to win.

AdanVC

Televisa bought this cup so Mexico can win and everyone can forget about el Chapo and how messed up the government is tbh.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

please go back and look, the hand never touches the ball. His ribs fall on the ball and then he quickly takes the hand and arm away.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Lol.
Mark Geiger joining us here.

Eila

You aren't allowed to throw yourself on the ball like that though, right? he was pretty much holding the ball.
I don't know, but in that last replay it did look like the ball touched his hand/ arm.
Yes, if it should have been an indirect free kick.

NoRéN

So here's the thing. The call was perhaps a bit dodgy, but the player was literally looking at the ball before his arm makes contact. The player put himself in a situation that could have easily have been avoided.
How dare the player keep his eye on the ball!

Blindfolds for all!

~Devil Trigger~

the ball touched his forearm win he fell on it.

His action, whether on purpose or not, changed the ball's direction/movement.

Oozer3993

I think I figured it out. That's not Mark Geiger. That's El Chapo wearing a Mission Impossible mask. Only rational, logical explanation.

I think you need Glasses, have you eyes check ASAP..

Mory Dunz

the ball touched his forearm win he fell on it.

His action, whether on purpose or not, changed the ball's direction/movement.
Pretty much this.

Without touching his arm the ball would've maybe gone in a different direction and squeezed out under him. Where strikers were. Or not. It doesn't matter. Ball changed course.

And lol at people thinking I went Mexico to win. Have you seen me in this thread?

Sidenote, eff fans who throw stuff. Mob mentality is something else. Some probably have kids near them too

~Devil Trigger~

Right? That last replay they showed on Univision looked like the player actually does touch it with his elbow.

There's no whether or not on purpose, you can clearly see him throw himself back.

He probably did throw himself

but im making the point in terms of the rule, it doesn't have to be on purpose to be a handball.

the ref made the right call ultimately.

v1lla21

He probably did throw himself

but im making the point in terms of the rule, it doesn't have to be on purpose to be a handball.

the ref made the right call ultimately.

Oh, I read it wrong. Dude, I keep watching the replay and honestly, it's a penalty. I get that people are going crazy because that's the second last minute penalty Mexico gets. I agree that the first one was bullshit, but not this one. It would've at least been an indirect free kick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom