• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.
No English broadcaster in the US?

whywouldyoudothat_2.jpg

Salsa

Brazil has it tough this year. Im expecting us vs Argentina as the final, and we winning and being 1 more copa america above Argentina once again, like it should be :p

I don´t know why people keep saying that Argentina will win, do they think that MESSI alone can win the copa, people are crazy believing that FC Barcelona is Argentina, crazy people indeed.

Kid Ying

SalsaShark said:
Brazil has it tough this year. Im expecting us vs Argentina as the final, and we winning and being 1 more copa america above Argentina once again, like it should be :p
Hey, things are tough right now, but in times like that, Brazil really shines.

Of course Brazil is playing awfully bad and stuff, but you can never dismiss us.

Salsa

Kid Ying said:
Hey, things are tough right now, but in times like that, Brazil really shines.

Of course Brazil is playing awfully bad and stuff, but you can never dismiss us.

I always have respect for Brazil, and i think they can always surprise us, but i fucking hate Neymar with all my gut. A guy that dives like that gets no respect from me. Peñarol vs Santos was a joke.

No one says pushing around the game rules a bit isnt part of the sport, but exploiting the game like that to me comes off as showing terrible lack and shortcomings on the team, its something that Brazil never needed before. A shame, a big ass stain that just rules out what otherwise would be an excellent player.

We also have a history with fucking divers, just look at every game we played at the WC, wont tolerate that shit now. Hope referees have their glasses clean on this one.

JLG- said:

Kid Ying

Neymar is still a kid. When he gets to europe, he will lose this habit. It's because the referees in Brazil are, to put it bluntly, a bunch of pussies. Any kind of touch is a foul. So, for the guys playing here, it's a good strategy.

That's the difference between him and an experienced player. You don't see Fred diving at the libertadores. He knows it will get him nowhere, but at the everyday game in the brazilian championship, the guy dives like crazy, twists carpados and all the stuff. The only difference is that Neymar is a little better at diving and much better at football.

The Mexican team has no chance, specially not after the hookers scandal. Frankly, they should simply retire from the tournament and avoid further embarrassment.

rar

messi, tevez, mascherano, aguero, di maria, higuain, banega, pastore, milito

OVERPOWERED

(they will still play mediocre)

clemenx

Banned
Meh, there isn't as much parity in south america as we'd like to believe, I think Brazil could pretty much sleep walk through the competition, and if not, it's Argentina, I'd give just an outside chance to Uruguay.

Salsa

clemenx said:
Meh, there isn't as much parity in south america as we'd like to believe, I think Brazil could pretty much sleep walk through the competition, and if not, it's Argentina, I'd give just an outside chance to Uruguay.

this is wrong

although Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil are the teams with the best chance, yes, but this is the case with every Copa America, and if you look at the champions you'll be proved wrong. Specially with Brazil sleep walking through the competition. Anything could happen.

clemenx

Banned
SalsaShark said:
this is wrong

although Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil are the teams with the best chance, yes, but this is the case with every Copa America, and if you look at the champions you'll be proved wrong. Specially with Brazil sleep walking through the competition. Anything could happen.
It's just the way I see it. Last edition Brazil won with a "B" team and destroyed Argentina stellar squad in the final.

Of course, outside of the big 2, the parity is amazing which still makes this a great competition.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
SalsaShark said:

You just had to jinx it...

brb gonna call a Singapore fat pig

SalsaShark said:
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Diego+Forlan+Luis+Suarez+Uruguay+v+South+Korea+qyVxbuHUG1Cl.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images...276111687905/Diego-Forlan-Luis-Suarez-006.jpg

thats all

But Forlán has been shit this season! It's all about Cavani.

arnoldocastillo2003 said:
I don´t know why people keep saying that Argentina will win, do they think that MESSI alone can win the copa, people are crazy believing that FC Barcelona is Argentina, crazy people indeed.

It's not just Messi that makes Argentina the favorite.

Higuain
Tevez
Aguero
Pastore
Di Maria
Cambiasso
Mascherano

There's many more.

Yes, I almost forgot about this. More football to look forward to in the summer.
I just decided to root for Uruguay, but I don't dislike any of teams really.
Oh and I want Paraguay to shine too because of Barrios :)

Heretic

JLG- said:
This is sad. Some of Ronaldo's best goals were when he was getting pulled, kicked, punched, tripped and pretty much everything in between. I've seen this kid play one game and it was a dive-fest.

TangMeng

As a neutral I will be rooting for Suarez and company. Shame about Mexico but i'm sure they are more than satisfied after the game last weekend. Also, aren't pro athletes supposed to be getting laid left and right? Why do they need prostitutes?

Clydefrog

Nice OP. The FIFA rankings changed today, however.

I'll be rooting for Colombia but I can't see anyone except Brazil/Argentina winning.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
SalsaShark said:
Im expecting us vs Argentina as the final, and we winning and being 1 more copa america above Argentina once again, like it should be :p
This.

Vamo la celeste! :D

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Clydefrog said:
Nice OP. The FIFA rankings changed today, however.

I think the previous ones are more representative of where South American football currently stands (also lol Mexico number nine).

Salsa

Regulus Tera said:
He looked very tired at Atlético. How did he do versus Netherlands?

Forlan gets tired, that's his only stepback IMO. I think over the years he's learned to better use his energy for the whole game, but sometimes he'd just go all out during a short period of time and be tired as fuck asking for a change in the second half, for me it works though. We'll see.

Slizz

Not going for a team, instead I am rooting for some awesome individual performances. Specifically from Sanchez, Cavani, Forlan, Chicha, GDS, Tevez and Valencia Neymar too. Also interested to see if Messi can do better with his international play.

Altazor

v4gr4nt said:
Not enough Chilean fans in here!
We will definitely be the surprise of the cup.

If we still had Bielsa, I would definitely think we'd reach semifinals or even win the cup. I don't trust Borghi that much, to be honest. Hopefully our players still give their all on the field.

DD

Altazor said:
If we still had Bielsa, I would definitely think we'd reach semifinals or even win the cup. I don't trust Borghi that much, to be honest. Hopefully our players still give their all on the field.
Although I think that Brazil has a team good enough to beat even Argentina + Messi, I don't trust Mano Meneses either. :(

Dante23

Heretic said:
This is sad. Some of Ronaldo's best goals were when he was getting pulled, kicked, punched, tripped and pretty much everything in between. I've seen this kid play one game and it was a dive-fest.

I'm sorry to ask, might be obvious but are you referring to THE (real) Ronaldo? if so, I agree with you, some great goals from him happened while he was getting kicked hard.

I have high hopes for Uruguay, Argentina, Ecuador and Colombia. Even though I'm not convinced by the tactical approach of the Bolillo Gomez.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
You crazy, Bielsa's Chile was superb. Problem was that against Brazil you need more than just good tactics.

Sidenote: The committee organising the event will be handing out books by authors Rubem Fonseca, Mario Benedetti, Augusto Roa Bastos, Ernesto Sábato, and Juan Villoro inside the stadiums. Yay for culture!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom