• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.
KidA Seven said:
It's not just Messi that makes Argentina the favorite.

Tevez
Cambiasso
Mascherano

There's many more.

Here, i have fix it for you.

And no, not any single one of them compare to Messi FC Barcelona team mates, history has demonstrated that Messi cannot play the same way he does at Barcelona because there isn´t any single one of his national teammates that compares to Barcelona ones, Messi is too acostume to barcelona style, in wich Argentina is total opposite.

arnoldocastillo2003 said:

And no, not any single one of them compare to Messi FC Barcelona team mates, history has demonstrated that Messi cannot play the same way he does at Barcelona because there isn´t any single one of his national teammates that compares to Barcelona ones, Messi is too acostume to barcelona style, in wich Argentina is total opposite.

Why would you take Aguero and Di Maria out? I also never compared them to Barca. Take a look at the other teams. Brazil is not the same Brazil many are accustomed to seeing. Granted they are strong and have a beast defense, but Argentina's offense is very very strong. You're making it sound like it's Messi and a bunch of scrubs.

Argentina also started to adopt Barca's style of play. It won't be as good as Barca's of course, but the system utilizes Messi a lot better than Maradona's system.

The tournament is also held in Argentina. They are indeed the favorites.

tafer

jamesinclair said:
WTF is this.

Is this there way of getting the gold cup squad to play!?!?

Oh well, at least Costa Rica will do even worse.

Good job CONCACAF, embarrass your entire fucking confederation with your BS rules.

And fuck you europe for not letting players play.

How dare you!? They will do...eh... well, you know they may do not so bad... who am I kidding?, Hmm... with some luck they won't be humiliated! (And I'm extremely optimist with that statement)

Go team!

Noshino

KidA Seven said:
Why would you take Aguero and Di Maria out? I also never compared them to Barca. Take a look at the other teams. Brazil is not the same Brazil many are accustomed to seeing. Granted they are strong and have a beast defense, but Argentina's offense is very very strong. You're making it sound like it's Messi and a bunch of scrubs.

Argentina also started to adopt Barca's style of play. It won't be as good as Barca's of course, but the system utilizes Messi a lot better than Maradona's system.

The tournament is also held in Argentina. They are indeed the favorites.

Brazil always changes, this time isn't that different.

Also, Argentina and Brazil are always the favorites.

Noshino said:
Brazil always changes, this time isn't that different.

Also, Argentina and Brazil are always the favorites.

Well yeah, but that dude was saying people were crazy for thinking and predicting Argentina to win and that it would be Messi by himself to do it.

Pranay

arnoldocastillo2003 said:

He has been great for Argentina after the WC under their new coach.

Assisting, scoring against good teams like Spain, Brazil and other and playing really well.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
black swordsman said:
He has been great for Argentina after the WC under their new coach.

Assisting, scoring against good teams like Spain, Brazil and other and playing really well.

I think that has more to do with Messi becoming a goalscorer in Barcelona than Batista's efforts.

Reminding you guys that Argentina vs Bolivia begins in about eleven hours and a half!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
apparently youtube is gonna live-stream the whole tournament.

edit: nm, just saw it was already pointed out in the OP.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I haven't been keeping up with the lead up to this. Which squads will be at full-strength, who are notable missing players, is Brazil sending the B team again, etc...?

chicharito.jpg

This is the Mexican player teams will have to look for :)

But Neymar and Ganso will murder all teams
hopefully

Neo Member
Vamos vamos Argentina! Vamos vamos a ganar!

The recent relegation of River Plate puts added pressure on the national team. This is a chance for the country to unite, for the hooliganism on the streets to quell, and for the broken spirit of so many fans to heal.

The country needs this tournament now more than ever.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
bone_and_sinew said:
I haven't been keeping up with the lead up to this. Which squads will be at full-strength, who are notable missing players, is Brazil sending the B team again, etc...?
I think only Mexico and Costa Rica are not at 'full-strength'

Noshino

11211 said:

The recent relegation of River Plate puts added pressure on the national team. This is a chance for the country to unite, for the hooliganism on the streets to quell, and for the broken spirit of so many fans to heal.

I really can't imagine how bad things will get if they dont win it.

The team will sure be under a lot of pressure.

tafer said:
How dare you!? They will do...eh... well, you know they may do not so bad... who am I kidding?, Hmm... with some luck they won't be humiliated! (And I'm extremely optimist with that statement)

Go team!

Well, generally Mexico > Costa Rica.

And since Costa Rica is also being handicapped by the idiotic new U-23 rule...

itll be a slaughter.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Diego Torres >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Justin Timberlake.

Cry moar for me USA!

I quite like the ceremony. :3

rodvik

Greyface said:
All I'm getting is a stay tuned for the match placeholder. are you watching the opening event on youtube?

Same here. I think thats right though. Just audio for now.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
11211 said:

Lol what?
Everyone is kinda happy that the corrupt and crooked River Plate went to the Nacional B.
(Not the River fans of course)

SamuraiX- said:
Go Uruguay! :D
I think that Uruguay is goind to do very well.

Noshino

jett said:
i'll be rooting for argentina.

i hope peru doesn't embarrass themselves too badly.

Impossible.

As long as Burga stays in power, our futbol is bound to suck.

KidA Seven said:
Commentator just called us centries.

Oh cmon, it isn futbol without trash talking.

Regulus Tera said:
South American bias.

Worst Americans are such softies >_>

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Man, the prestige/presentation of this tournament (and even Copa Libertadores) makes me hate CONCACAF so much. Such an awful organization.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Unknown Soldier said:
No English broadcaster in the US?

whywouldyoudothat_2.jpg
Fuck. Univision announcers are among the worst in all sports. When they're calling a Mexico game, I feel like headbutting a beehive.

Also, for some stupid reason I still don't get Telefutura in HD :|

bone_and_sinew said:
Fuck. Univision announcers are among the worst in all sports. When they're calling a Mexico game, I feel like headbutting a beehive.

You guys can watch on youtube. They have an English commentator.

Noshino

bone_and_sinew said:

Actually....I prefer them much more than English announcers, they are so fucking boring.

Univision's stream looks good enough, and I dont have to stand that stupid facebook stuff

http://futbol.univision.com/copa-america/partidos-en-vivo/

Noshino

buahaha, Azul Azul doing the national anthem? wtf is this shit! hahaha

And Soledad Pastorutti for Argentina....

Why Bolivia, why?...

jett

D-Member
when is the actual match starting, not a single tv channel here is interesting in the opening ceremony :lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Noshino said:
buahaha, Azul Azul doing the national anthems? wtf is this shit! hahaha
thats the best national anthem ive ever heard.

bolivia ballin!

---oh shit gaby milito good luck albicelestes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom