• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady K

Letters said:
VAMOS VINOTINTO!!!

Here, get some inspiration from her on how to utterly destroy other nations' best
2dhs3h5.jpg

Oh wow.

Fady K

Regulus Tera said:
What's the Copa América mascot supposed to be? Chinner?

GO VENEZUELA

Venezuela never made it to the semis before right? It would be great for them if they get their first trophy this year.

Fady K

Regulus Tera said:
GOL VINOTINTO FUCKING FINA-OFFSIDE

WAIT WHAT

EDIT: THAT WAS NOT OFFSIDE

My God these dumb refs are screwing the tournament over. Chile also scored an ONSIDE goal in the final minutes of their game and that was ruled off.

inky

Sorry, but it was offside. On the last shot on goal there is a player (Rondon?) who is just in front of the keeper and touches the ball (by accident) before it goes in. By rule he was offside because he participated in the play.

also, first post on GAF ever hehe

Fady K

I just hope this doesn't end up like Brazil's game - i.e. Venezuela playing the better game but losing in penalties due to Paraguay's insanely good keeper. Let's hope there won't be penalties in the first place.

clemenx

Banned
I listened to a good 20 mins of the game on the radio while driving. That shit is much more stressful than watching the game, lol.

striKeVillain! said:
What is up with the Univision commentator? Dude is straight up anti-hype.

My first thought:

Like Mendoza, univison didnt care enough to show up, and sent this one guy all alone.

Reality: When second guy arrived at the studio 20 minutes into the game, sounding like he had literally just run in, it was obvious that there was a problem. Sounds like the main guys are in argentina but missed their flight or something. Looking at the stands, this seems to be a common problem. So univision found whoever was in the miami office that has narrated games before (this guy usually does lesser games on telefutura) and called in the other guy to get to the studio ASAP.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
fuck I knew there were technical difficulties since I didnt hear la torre de jalisco and his muppet pal bracamontes...

anyways hoping for pks

Madouu

Not the most exciting of matches for the neutral viewer right now. I hope one team gets to score a goal so we can finally see some action.

Estigarribia in, good sub!

Fady K

Machado said:
we had that goal...

And you should have kept it. It should have been 1-0.

dschalter said:
leveling the playing field is the name of the game.

Look at Brazil though, when they last played against Paraguay they were far more entertaining, even though they were not able to convert their chances (damn were they unlucky). Paraguay did not have a single shot on goal!

AndresON777

shooting blanks
the goal cleary bounced off an offside venezolano and went in.

defensive matches suck but this how it is now. even the WC was pretty low scoring.

Noshino

Fady K said:
And you should have kept it. It should have been 1-0.

Look at Brazil though, when they last played against Paraguay they were far more entertaining, even though they were not able to convert their chances (damn were they unlucky). Paraguay did not have a single shot on goal!

what's the point of being entertaining if you don't win?...

Fady K

Eurosport's live commentary summed it up well: "In all honesty this second half has been absolutely dire, no quality, no tempo, no efforts on goal, no entertainment"

clemenx

Banned
We need to be more offensive, we do have the talent to do it. Paraguay has been disappointing as fuck. There's no reason for our 2 forwards being alone on the attack.

Fady K

Noshino said:
what's the point of being entertaining if you don't win?...

You are right, I don't disagree - the point is to win. But what I'm saying is it would be nice if it is won in style.

Fady K

Allan Holdsworth said:
Well the 4 teams that could play offensive football were knocked out in the quarters.

That's the problem, in this copa the main winning style had been achieved through excellent defending for the most part and not much else. It's still a way to win, but it's just, dull to be honest : [

If anything, Uruguay is way more fun to watch than Paraguay. So there is still hope for a fun final.

Fady K

Machado said:
you shut your whore mouth.

I really hope it doesn't end in penalties, because penalties would equal a guaranteed win for Paraguay. If paraguay wins this, i'd rather they do BEFORE penalties.

Fady K

alterno69 said:
And Paraguay could make it to the final with 0 victories lol, what a joke.

A joke it definitely is Chica : [

Regulus Tera said:
This match shows why the Bestguay and Worstguay nicknames came up.

Paraguay is just so fucking boring.

YES. Exactly. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Your avatar reminds me - while I'm not a Mexico fan - it would have been great to have THE Mexican team in this Copa. I bet they would have given us many entertaining matches. Stupid CONCACAF rules :/

Noshino

Regulus Tera said:
This match shows why the Bestguay and Worstguay nicknames came up.

Paraguay is just so fucking boring.

It must suck for them that their best striker gets injured as soon as he touches the field lol

clemenx

Banned
This whole 2nd half has felt like a giant wasted opportunity, there was no reason for being this passive, Paraguay has shown nothing. I'm so mad.

inky

Hopefully Venezuela realizes that Paraguay won't bother then offensively and do something about it on the ET.

From Paraguay this kind of game is soooo expected. They have played like this forever.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
ParaGAF, what do you have to say about this?

alterno69 said:
They should have two groups next time and 4 teams go straight to semis, this is terrible.

Just fuse both Americas already. Please.

Fady K said:
YES. Exactly. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Your avatar reminds me - while I'm not a Mexico fan - it would have been great to have THE Mexican team in this Copa. I bet they would have given us many entertaining matches. Stupid CONCACAF rules :/

I always get the impression that foreigners hold the Mexican National Team in better regard than us Mexicans. :lol

But yeah. We would have been title contenders if we had sent our main team.

Fady K

Regulus Tera said:
ParaGAF, what do you have to say about this?

Just fuse both Americas already. Please.

I always get the impression that foreigners hold the Mexican National Team in better regard than us Mexicans. :lol

It's just that they have been fun to watch, even for a non-fan! Heck, the young U17 team was pretty great too. Any idea why they are not allowed to play for this Mexican team? I never understood that rule :/

Noshino

Regulus Tera said:

Even Costa Rica were title contenders (they were better than Colombia :C), so Im not surprised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom