• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

copa-america-2011.jpg

sssooooooooooooooooooooooo ours

T Ghost

Massa said:
No, you show this:

jh8xax.jpg

no. This is for when they ask "daddy, what happens when the media and the cartolas overvalues tiny little mediocre players and make everyone believes that they deserve to play with 5 stars in their chest?"

jett

D-Member
LOL where has Venezuela been hiding these players all these years?

Bestzuela deserves to win, for reals, nevermind that goal they were robbed of. If Paraguay wins it'd be the first time in a FIFA championship that a team makes it to a final without winning a single match in the first 90 minutes, lolz.

alterno69

Banned
Noshino said:
Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, AND Colombia have had better records than Mexico...but whatever dude lol

They have not only been playing better, but more fair as well.

Paraguay has been pretty nasty, even their fucking DT
Well besides championships, Argentina won in 93 and then played one more final and that's pretty much it, Colombia won at home against Mexico and that's it, what i meant is Mexico has been way more consistent, 2 finals and like three third places, only once they lost in quarterfinals and this year was their first time not making it out of the first round. Until this year teams like Chile and Uruguay had never beat Mexico in the tournament.

I'm sorry but you can't downplay Mexico's place in this tournament since 93.

Noshino

OH NO VENEZUELA

CMON GODDAMNIT

alterno69 said:
Well besides championships, Argentina won in 93 and then played one more final and that's pretty much it, Colombia won at home against Mexico and that's it, what i meant is Mexico has been way more consistent, 2 finals and like three third places, only once they lost in quarterfinals and this year was their first time not making it out of the first round. Until this year teams like Chile and Uruguay had never beat Mexico in the tournament.

I'm sorry but you can't downplay Mexico's place in this tournament since 93.

Im certainly not downplaying it, but you sure are exaggerating

---------------1st__2nd__3rd__4th
Brazil -------- 4 ___ 1
Argentina---- 1 ___ 2
Uruguay ----- 1 ___ 1 ___ 1 __ 2
Colombia --- 1 ________ 2 __ 1

Mexico -------------- 2 ___ 3

How that looks like "a better Copa America record than any south american team except Brasil" is beyond me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom