• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Crazy, Stupid Love' Filmmakers to Write, Direct Joker and Harley Quinn Movie

jackdoe

That's not a bad creative team, but they really should be making a Harley and Ivy romantic comedy that doesn't involve an abusive Joker relationship.

They're milking the Batman brand as much as they can, without actually having Batman directly involved. 

Aquaman's been filming for like 3+ months. Shazam starts production next spring.

Nobody aside from Johnson has been cast, unless they've been keeping it a secret, in which I gotta ask "why?"

So are they sidelining the other Sirens entirely for a Harley and Joker movie? If so, ugh, I was actually looking forward to it.

Deadline says this became Sirens

Which confirms the rumor from a month or so ago that Ayer's out

This whole CU is fucked yo. The fans don't know what's going on, every rumor that spreads gets immediately officially denied and eventually gets confirmed right when it looks like the damage might have been avoided, which just makes things worse

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe, just maybe this is the movie where Harley finally separates from Joker? She wises up with help from Ivy or Selina to dump him and then we'll get the more current Roller Girl Harley version from the comics, but in the movies?

ZeoVGM

Banned
I hoped they were on the right track after Wonder Woman but it's clear they have no plan or path for this universe.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I tried to tell y'all this Suicide Squad 2/Gotham City Sirens stuff was a mess...you don't have a director say they're making a movie, then literally leave that movie off your planned films list the very next day.

Either way, they need to get one of the projects off the ground ASAP. Suicide Squad was too big a hit to not capitalize on that immediately. Don't wait for the neon paint fumes to wear off.

Jesus. How many of these have actual release dates? And Aquaman still isn't in production, isn't it? There's no way all of these get made.

Oh wow.

Updated with release dates and combined Sirens with this lul

All of the future and rumored DC movies lmao

Justice League (November 17, 2017)
Aquaman (December 21, 2018)
Shazam (2019)
Wonder Woman 2 (2019)
Cyborg (2020)
Green Lantern Corps
Justice League Dark
Flashpoint
Justice League sequel
The Batman
Man of Steel sequel
Suicide Squad 2
Black Adam film
Nightwing film
Batgirl
Joker origin story/Elseworlds
Gotham City Sirens/Joker and Harley Quinn film

Epcott

Please WB, stop with this Joker spamming. You guys are getting as bad as Sony with Spiderman.

One film with Damaged Joker is enough.

diunxx

So they are gonna announce a batman movie per day this week? Literally trowing shit to see what sticks.

I tried to tell y'all this Suicide Squad 2/Gotham City Sirens stuff was a mess...you don't have a director say they're making a movie, then literally leave that movie off your planned films list the very next day.

Either way, they need to get one of the projects off the ground ASAP. Suicide Squad was too big a hit to not capitalize on that immediately. Don't wait for the neon paint fumes to wear off.

Yeah this was the one movie I'm amazed they weren't on immediately. It was so obvious that people were mainly watching Suicide Squad for Harley and Joker.

Updated with release dates and combined Sirens with this lul

Considering the recent hubbub surrounding him I can't help but wonder if Whedon will still even do Batgirl when/if that gets made.

It's interesting that the directors worked with Margot Robbie twice before.

And while I prefer them to Ayer, going with Joker & Harley is a bummer. I'd prefer Gotham City Sirens with this new talent handling it.

ZeoVGM

Banned
How long before Azbat gets announced?

You joke, but I was damn excited when Bane was originally announced for The Dark Knight Rises. My original hope for The Dark Knight Rises was a two-part finale to Nolan's series.

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Knightfall
KnightsEnd

Dysun

I don't believe any DC movie is happening until it starts filming at this point

Doesn't matter who is casted (Mango/Deathstroke, Rock/Black Adam), tapped to direct (Ayer/GCS, Affleck/Batman), or announced (Cyborg/GLC/Flash), etc.

Slayven

I don't believe any DC movie is happening until it starts filming at this point

Doesn't matter who is casted (Deathstroke), or tapped to direct (Ayer/GCS, Affleck/Batman), announced (Cyborg/GLC/GCS), etc.

The Deathstroke dude said he hasn't heard from DC in a month of sundays

Top Bottom