• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Crazy, Stupid Love' Filmmakers to Write, Direct Joker and Harley Quinn Movie

LotusHD

Banned
Watch the animated series to understand why it's the best.

Everything in the Superman/Batman movie is gold, but there's a little moment in this scene that I love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-kgrl9vKxI

I know their dynamic is entertaining, but the romance part/love story is the thing I'm mainly questioning. Like as a kid I guess I never gave it too much thought. But as I grow older, it's just something I look back on and can't help but wonder why people unironically look at them as being #relationshipgoals

Vyer

I like This Is Us (seriously one of the GOAT broadcast tv pilots) and Crazy, Stupid Love.

Not sure what to think about this

Goodstyle

I know their dynamic is entertaining, but the romance part/love story is the thing I'm mainly questioning. Like as a kid I guess I never gave it too much thought. But as I grow older, it's just something I look back on and can't help but wonder why people unironically look at them as being #relationshipgoals
A good writer can make any relationship compelling. It doesn't have to be as twisted as it is in the comics.

7Th

Harley Quinn in general has a pretty loose characterization. They treat her like a redeemable antihero despite canonically having a kill-count of innocents above the hundreds.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
I honestly have no idea what's going on with these DC movies anymore.

Honestly, it seems like the actual breaking news here isn't the concept of the film, but that Ayer is not attached to it anymore. I think this is just GCS with new filmmakers.

Messi

Honestly, it seems like the actual breaking news here isn't the concept of the film, but that Ayer is not attached to it anymore. I think this is just GCS with new filmmakers.

Yup. Joker could easily be in the Sirens movie.

I forgot about the texting in suicide squad lol

Blader

Wouldn't GCS be centered around Harley, Ivy, and Catwoman? Those two could still be in this movie, but it sounds like the focus is now more on Harley and Joker.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yup. Joker could easily be in the Sirens movie.

I forgot about the texting in suicide squad lol
Yeah, Sirens was probably going to have Black Mask as the villain if that Tweet from Ayer meant anything, but I'm sure Joker would've still been in it.

I mean really, what is more recognizable when selling a movie? "Gotham City Sirens" or "Joker and Harley"?

Deadline corrected their story to clear up GCS confusion,

DC has been all over the place with possible movies, and this one is apparently different from Gotham City Sirens, a different Harley Quinn spinoff meant to showcase several top female villains from the DC stable which Suicide Squad director David Ayer is attached to direct.

Gotham City Sirend still on (good!) with Ayer attached (less good).

ShadyK54

Deadline corrected their story to clear up GCS confusion,

Gotham City Sirend still on (good!) with Ayer attached (less good).

@ this and all the other DCEU news we've gotten so far this week:

giphy.gif

mzJY5.gif

Batman is Non-DCEU, Joker's is getting a flick, Joker & Harley are a getting film together and there's Gotham City Sirens alongside another Suicide Squad...
tumblr_o5693mQbwr1szvzo5o1_400.gif

Joker and Harley are the core of the Suicide Squad brand at this point. Without them, you're looking a big drop at the box office.
Suicide Squad had a diverse cast that rivaled the cast of F&F. That's to mention Harley's popularity overtaking the Joker's. Yeah, some people were excited at a new Joker but it wasn't what sold the movie.

Top Bottom