• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis: and the specs are...

Jel0man

There you go. My notebook will never ever be able to run this, so I'll have to wait for an Xbox 360 version:D.

Minimum System Requirements

OS – Windows XP or Windows Vista

Processor – 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster* (Vista)

Memory – 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)

Video Card –256 MB**

Hard Drive – 12GB

Sound Card – DirectX 9.0c compatible

* Supported Processors: Intel Pentium 4 2.8 GHz (3.2 GHz for Vista) or faster, Intel Core 2.0 GHz (2.2 GHz for Vista) or faster, AMD Athlon 2800+ (3200+ for Vista) or faster.

** Supported chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Integrated chipsets are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

Recommended System Requirements

OS – Windows XP / Vista

Processor – Intel Core 2 DUO @ 2.2GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+

Memory – 2.0 GB RAM

GPU – NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar

http://www.insidegamer.nl/pc/crysis/nieuws/17798/Specs-voor-Crysis-zijn-bekend.html

Kabouter

8800 GTS recommended.
That sounds about right, since recommended usually is the actual minimum.
But eh, my laptop could probably handle it with everything turned down significantly, but do I want to? Nah. Beta wasn't very exciting to me, and I'm not buying an expensive game (because obviously, unlike most other PC games, this one will be priced close to console games) just for a very short single-player.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Jel0man said:
Graphics Card with 256 MB Gpu
12 Gigabyte space
Directx 9.0c
yeah.jpg

Jel0man said:
2,8 Ghz processor for XP and 3,2 for Vista
1 Gigabyte Ram for XP and 1,5 for Vista

Recommended:

2 GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce GT 8800 (RAM uncertain)
nooo.jpg

Tiduz

Eurogaime
f*ck.
ill wait for ps3 version
i only got E6600 at stock speed, GF 7900GTO, 2 gigs ram, Vista..... goddamn it i dont want to upgrade so ill skip.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Day one just for the sightseeing. I have a feeling I'm going to need that second 7950 to run it a decent res though.

Greg

I can play this on my laptop, but I'd rather not kill it with fire - looks like I'll wait it out...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Heh, I'm somewhat above the min specs, but that doesn't mean it will run well for me. I'm not even going to bother playing this until PC hardware is comfortably above its recommended requirements.

Barakov

Gold Member
Damn. I hit everything on the recommended specs except for the graphics card. I'll have to wait for the demo to see how it runs.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Greg said:
I can play this on my laptop, but I'd rather not kill it with fire - looks like I'll wait it out...

That's what I'm doing. Once I get the second 7950gtx in though this thing it going to be burning hot. I'll probably have to get some kind of cooling setup. Har.

zoku88

Tiduz said:
f*ck.
ill wait for ps3 version
i only got E6600 at stock speed, GF 7900GTO, 2 gigs ram, Vista..... goddamn it i dont want to upgrade so ill skip.
Umm,, what's exactly wrong with your set up?

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Jel0man said:
Minimum:

1 GB Ram for XP and 1,5 for Vista
Graphics Card with 256 MB Gpu
12 GB free space
Directx 9.0c

Recommended:

2,2 ghz Dual Core
2 GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce GT 8800 (RAM uncertain)

4muoegz.jpg

Big-E

I just bought a new computer and already recommended settings are close to my specs. This is absurd.

ice cream

Banned
I have all the recommended except an 8800.
I have an ATi Radeon x1950xtpro but it's only got 256mb, will this be ok?
I'll be pretty darn happy if I get medium with good FPS

Big-E said:
I just bought a new computer and already recommended settings are close to my specs. This is absurd.

Hope Mr. Gladstone doesn't read this thread...

My specs, built September of '04:

2GHz Athlon 64 (single-core, obviously)
1GB RAM
128MB Geforce 6800

Barely 3 years old and already useless for modern games.

Jel0man said:
Minimum:
1 GB Ram for XP and 1,5 for Vista

WTF? Vista bloatware? No thanks MSFT, I'll stick to XP until I see a reason to upgrade.
4muoegz.jpg

Edit: Beat with the avatar post back!

Edit: 1 Gig of RAM? Wow. I remember when I dreamed of having disk space in the megabytes. Now we are expected for gigabytes of RAM.

BTW, I still have 6800GT cards that I haven't got around to installing in a PC . . . they'll be obsolete before I install them! :lol

I guess this is why I've become a console gamer . . . it looks like CoD4 and Orange Box on the 360 for me!

sk3tch

I'm thankful for The Orange Box after reading these specs. :lol

My 8800 GTS 320MB will probably barely cut medium-high settings.

madmook

Can anyone comment on how well Crytek does in optimization? I didn't really have a gaming PC when Far Cry first came out, so I don't know if people were able to max the settings on the hardware at the time.

zoku88

Tiduz said:
i bet it wont run smooth at medium :/
I'm sure it will fine on medium. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't (unless, when they say recommended they mean the min you need to play on medium, then that just sucks...)

Durante

My reaction was "Wow, that's less than I expected", but I guess that only shows that I'm too much into hardware :lol

Kabouter

madmook said:
Can anyone comment on how well Crytek does in optimization? I didn't really have a gaming PC when Far Cry first came out, so I don't know if people were able to max the settings on the hardware at the time.
I could almost max it, but that was because I had a pretty nice PC with a 9700 pro. When the government stopped subsidizing the buying of new PC's, that sort of high-end rig became a thing of the past for me :p.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Foreign Jackass said:
Same here. This engine is bullshit.
Or it might just be that this game really does require all that power.

Because it's supposed to have some pretty okay graphics, I hear.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
My Computer hits 1 out of the 4 or so minimum specs. And that's the 1 Gig of RAM.

Top Bottom