• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis: and the specs are...

ice cream said:
I have all the recommended except an 8800.
I have an ATi Radeon x1950xtpro but it's only got 256mb, will this be ok?
I'll be pretty darn happy if I get medium with good FPS

If the beta is accurate judge of performance of the final, then no. I outpace you a bit (x1900xtx) and the beta absolutely crushed my computer.

Eiji

My PC passes all the specs, 3.2GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM but I need a better GPU.

PS3 or Xbox 360 port WANT!

ghostmind

Looks like my 2.5 year old desktop PC will barely meet the minimum specs - then again, i really don't feel like having to crank the volume on my speakers to drown out the jet engine that is my X850XT PE fan, so console version it is...

Kabouter

speculawyer said:
This game will be $19.99 by the time more than half the people interested in it will be able to play it.
Noone will have to buy it, within half a year any graphics card that can run this shit even remotely well will come bundled with it. Just like Far Cry was.

CoG

Jel0man said:
GPU – NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS/640 or similar

Yeah, let me run out and get one for Crysis. Oh wait, fuck you Crytek, I'll stick with games that will run recommended on my year-old 7950GT.

Kabouter

Lonesome_Raod said:
As with most PC exclusive games I will just have to pray that it someday comes to console. Still praying for NWN2 and titan quest.
Such is the way of gaming that some good games will always be exclusive. And ugh, who wants to spend the money to buy a good PC, a 360, a PS3, a Wii, a DS and a PSP?

methane47

Hey guys will my Geforce FX5500 run this game? it has 256MB of ram

not really asking.. but i really do have a 5500

drizzle

Axel Hertz
AltogetherAndrews said:
Jesus fucking christ, 8800 is listed in the recommended section? My 8600 weeps.

I tried not to reply to this (explains the amount of time it took for me to reply), but...

The 8500 and 8600 are budget cards (believe it or not).

They're the equivalent of the Geforce2MX on the Geforce2 ages.

In other words... they suck.

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/ <- this shows a comparative of all videocards ever. You can see the amount of bandwidth/pipelines/vertex the 8500 and 8600 don't have when compared to the 8800 (any version). It's actually kind of insulting.

ATI 1950 and NVidia's 7800/7900 are actually faster than the 8500 and 8600 series, as you can see here: http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=710&model2=854&chart=318

I'm pretty sure the recomended specs is a 8800 because, afterall, crysis is a DX10 game.
You can obviously run it on the mentioned cards above.. just not in dx10 glory, and the 8500 and 8600 series is just too gimped to properly run anything in dx10.

Mrbob

These specs are why I am waiting till next year to build a new PC.

speculawyer said:
Who is? nVidia? :lol

Crytek. They made a ton of money off of Far Cry and then selling the IP to UBI.

Of course they are probably getting some kickbacks from various hardware companies (Nvidia, Creative perhaps), but EA is just a distributing partner for Crysis.

Kabouter

drizzle said:
ATI 1950 and NVidia's 7800/7900 are actually faster than the 8500 and 8600 series.
Yeah...but only if they have 512MB.
My desktop has a 7800GTX 256MB, my laptop an 8600M GT 512MB (It's a 14", so a mobility 7900 or X1900 wasn't exactly doable). My laptop slaughters my PC in performance in the Crysis beta, BioShock, The Settlers: Rise of an Empire. Basically everything new with nice high-res textures. The only games my desktop performs better in are the older ones that run fine anyway. I mean, I can already max out the orange box stuff, I have no need for further performance increases.

Mrbob said:
Of course they are probably getting some kickbacks from various hardware companies (Nvidia, Creative perhaps)
Intel too I think.

Threi

notag
aside from my CPU (C2D), i just barely made minimum requirements :lol

thank god this isn't a game i really wanted to play anyways =P

Why did even bother clicking this thread? Not a chance in hell this will run on my PC, and this confirms in the first 3 lines of text.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
rinker said:
wait you can play with dx9? thought it was 10 only

That's like making a game vista-onl.. oh wait!

Of course you can play with DX9... It just won't look as pretty.
What would be the point of DX9 vs DX10 comparision shots? :D

JCBossman

Banned
Well I was holding off buying a new video card to the next round come out, I am using onboard video intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3000 (Intel® GMA X3000) and I gotta say for an onboard system this thing kicks ass, but I have got 384mb of ram dedicated to it out of 4gb, I bet it would run on medium settings.

Doesn't look too bad. I was going to get a new gfx card for this anyway. 8800 GTS is very affordable, which will only get better once the new NVidia cards get released. I'm still torn on wether to get a HD2900Pro though, apparently you can run these at XT specs and more easily.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Jesus fucking christ, 8800 is listed in the recommended section? My 8600 weeps.
Not to give you any buyer's remorse but why did you opt for an 8600?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
MickeyKnox said:
You see, vista owners are pwned because they're the only ones who can get DirectX10, and because of that, they need better specs.

Obviously i rather play it in WindowsXP with DX9 support only.
Good thing i bought this 8800, which is DX10 compliant, but i use Windows XP (thus, in DX9) because i will get 10 fps more. HA!

[/sarcasm]

JCBossman said:
Well I was holding off buying a new video card to the next round come out, I am using onboard video intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3000 (Intel® GMA X3000) and I gotta say for an onboard system this thing kicks ass, but I have got 384mb of ram dedicated to it out of 4gb, I bet it would run on medium settings.
Oh teh funny.

Phife Dawg said:
Doesn't look too bad. I was going to get a new gfx card for this anyway. 8800 GTS is very affordable, which will only get better once the new NVidia cards get released. I'm still torn on wether to get a HD2900Pro though, apparently you can run these at XT specs and more easily.

Not to give you any buyer's remorse but why did you opt for an 8600?

Eh, I had a strict budget. I bought it knowing fully well that it was a budget card, but that doesn't make this any less annoying.

JCBossman said:
0__________0

Kabouter

Borys said:
If Kaboteur drops PC gaming I move to 360.
If you ever manage to spell my nickname correctly, I'll consider staying with it!
But no more than that, I have to take the happiness I could bring GAFfers into consideration. The happiness they would gain from your moving to 360 that is.

JCBossman said:
:lol

Oh wait...are you being serious?

:lol :lol :lol

StevieP

Banned
With required specs like these you people want to see what this looks like on the current crop of HD consoles...??? :lol :lol

fortified_concept said:
Processor – 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) or 3.2 GHz or faster* (Vista)

Memory – 1.0 GB RAM (XP) or 1.5 GB RAM (Vista)
aaaaaand?

The whole point of their DX10 initiative in this game is using it as an assumed base spec, meaning if you have a DX10 capable machine, you will more than likely be able to keep up on the ram and cpu side of things.

drizzle said:
You see, vista owners are pwned because they're the only ones who can get DirectX10, and because of that, they need better specs.

Obviously i rather play it in WindowsXP with DX9 support only.
Good thing i bought this 8800, which is DX10 compliant, but i use Windows XP (thus, in DX9) because i will get 10 fps more. HA!

[/sarcasm]

Oh teh funny.

Haha. You think in the minimum settings the game will use DirectX 10 features? The ones I bolded are the minimum requirements.

Top Bottom