• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 3rd person pre-alpha gameplay video from August 2013 leaked on 4chan

yeah i ain't going to that site.

anyway. i'm kinda torn. i'd have liked 3rd but 1st ain't bad. i wish they done a skyrim and at least made 3rd optional even if it was a bit janky. i totally get why they ditched 3rd though. it's their first game with cars/guns so it'd be easier to just do the animations for 1st. maybe for the sequel we'll get 3rd person.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
TPS > FPS
I tend to agree. Problem with fps (especially in racing games) is that you lack the real world awareness and fov (give by eye movement itself so it's not there even in vr). In Reality you KNOW and FEEL where your car is, where your body and legs are, You sense things around you and obstacles without even looking.
That said - I don't mind much if it's fps or 3rd person but 3rd person kinda cheats around the problems in sentence above.

On the topic. Amazing how little they had in 2013. It was pre-production at best

Last edited:
Looks better than what CDPR actually released.
iu

Umbasaborne

Banned
kinda wonder if they will just straight up abandon the game, anthem style, at this point. I know they only make one game every 5-10 years, but they could probably afford to coast for another 4-5 years til witcher 4 is ready

kinda wonder if they will just straight up abandon the game, anthem style, at this point. I know they only make one game every 5-10 years, but they could probably afford to coast for another 4-5 years til witcher 4 is ready
no chance lol. their reputation is shot to bits and they need to come back from it. they can't afford to just abandon it. EA can do that but not CDPR. imagine if they came out and said they were ditching it? that'd only make things a lot worse for them. they need to be seen to try turn the game around instead of just noping out and running towards a new Witcher game.

Von Hugh

lol apparently these are videos made by developers months before release... mocking the bugs.
(some NSFW there)

Not a healthy organization if the workers themselves are mocking the product they are creating.

Can't really foresee a healthy future for CDPR unless they manage to make massive sweeps and changes. Is their management to blame or what is the consensus right now?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Not a healthy organization if the workers themselves are mocking the product they are creating.

Can't really foresee a healthy future for CDPR unless they manage to make massive sweeps and changes. Is their management to blame or what is the consensus right now?
It's a polish company. You can be sure they are paid shit, have shit benefits and it's hard to grow a career there. I know. I am polish... but thankfully work in foreign company (ran by polish management so rotted too a bit)
btw - I do not envy their IT security auditor... fuck he will be in serious trouble over this leak/hack. I was offered position like this and refused because I was afraid of EXACTLY THIS.
Edit: Let me clarify - Polish companies are great and people too. Very talented and motivated. But at the same time, the country is poor and money is bad. That leads to unhealthy work habits and state of mind.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
There are similar videos released on youtube by Santa Monica and Remedy, the only difference is that they got rid of those bugs before releasing their games while Cyberpunk is a mess over half a year in.
This was sure never meant to be public and it's one of the healthier ways of dealing with stress internally in QAs I imagine. Especially when you know you can't stop the trainwreck.

Jaxcellent

My opinion on the matter has been a rollercoaster, in the end I feel its a shame they released an unfinished product, truth is the Free DLC has to be really beefy to get me to install the game again. I hope RED can put this back on the right track.

Pagusas

Elden Member

Lol, there are many reasons to call CDPR unhealthy, but that isn’t one. Almost every major dev has a gag real, it’s part of a GOOD culture to be able to laugh at one self, see how far you’ve come, and not take things so seriously.

GHG

Lol, there are many reasons to call CDPR unhealthy, but that isn’t one. Almost every major dev has a gag real, it’s part of a GOOD culture to be able to laugh at one self, see how far you’ve come, and not take things so seriously.

Or not in this case.

harmny

Banned

These people have never worked on a creative environment. This happens everywhere. The difference is they don't get leaked

Last edited:
Top Bottom