• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a wierd bug and then crash where 2 people called my phone at the same time.

They both appeared in the little chatbox in the top left corner and one just sort of pushed the other to the side. They talked over each other too much, I don't think it could have been intentional. Right when I was "realizing hmm this can't be a conference call" the game crashed

Last edited:
Man...The HDR calibration screen and sliders are fucking ABYSMAL. I have no idea what the fuck I'm supposed to adjust to there is zero reference points to actually calibrate to. Who on earth gave that a green light? Series X btw.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
The game has been running great for me on PC but if this patch improves it further then i aint complaining. My card doesnt break a sweat.

hopefully shuts up the console mob...ha who am i kiddin

D23

Man...The HDR calibration screen and sliders are fucking ABYSMAL. I have no idea what the fuck I'm supposed to adjust to there is zero reference points to actually calibrate to. Who on earth gave that a green light? Series X btw.

its broken right now. I would leave it off

Hugare

I mean, they’re not thaaaaaaat upset

Yeah, this is good news. But short sighted.

They have a PR mess on their hands because of bugs and base consoles; shareholders arent happy with the reception and MC score; stock value going down 30% afterthe game's launch ...

They have a lot of work to do in order to thing not get ugly in the long run. Their reputation was seriously affected with this launch.

Hype and day one sales for their next game wont be the same, unless they pull out some miracles

Last edited:

ajanke

Hooked up the Dualsense to my PC today to see how it works on driving. Works well and you can customize the color of the light in steam. I had no idea. Can't get the PS prompts though. It shows Xbox buttons. :(

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

So there are 2 hot fix patches? Can't wait to get back home and dive back in. Seeing they specifically improved rtx gpu performance is good to see.

I didn't see any mention of proper ultrawide support which is still really frustrating.

IgnotumCL

Night City

Cyberpunk_2077_Screenshot_2020.12.11_-_20.05.50.42.png

John2290

Went another bit on the OG PS4. It's legit worse than Fallout 4, no hyperbole, it's worse. It's like playing a game on Dreams where the creator used too much thermal and over shot what they were trying to do. I'm so fucking glad I have the PRO and going into another session now, I hope I can resist the urge to just put up with the jank instead of resetting the console after coming from that PS2 (No shit) some parts look like a PS2 game on OG when you're walking by, at least in the dense part of Watson.

Again. FUCK CDPR, they lost all good will with me when they tried to hide this and went past even Bethesda. EA, Ubisoft and even activision haven't pulled something this fucked up on me. You die a hero or live long enough to become the villain and CDPR both died and became the villain. Fuck em. They can't repair this even if they put out a patch right now that fixed everything on all platforms.

EDIT: I just want to say again, the game is great. The parts along the main story are beyond incredible and don't have as much bugs as free roaming the world but man, getting from mission to mission or trying to do anything else outside of the main missions is infuriating. maybe they should have pulled a Bethesda and walled off parts of the game on consoles with load times if it would have helped or took hits in other areas, fuck maybe just delay the console version until spring with the next gen patches and also do the responsible thing and put the base console versions out of their misery. Hell, getting that instant money from the hype can't be worth what this is going to do to your company in the long run. They'll be bought by MS next once they run out of that up front cash and there will be no coming back from this.

Last edited:

Marauder_Shields

Neo Member
I am having a blast so far, more than lives up to my expectations. 16 hours in and i've only had a handful smaller glitches. Feel sorry for the console people though, almost ordered for base ps4 :messenger_grinning_sweat: can't imagine the disappointment that would have led to.

Went another bit on the OG PS4. It's legit worse than Fallout 4, no hyperbole, it's worse. It's like playing a game on Dreams where the creator used too much thermal and over shot what they were trying to do. I'm so fucking glad I have the PRO and going into another session now, I hope I can resist the urge to just put up with the jank instead of resetting the console after coming from that PS2 (No shit) some parts look like a PS2 game on OG when you're walking by, at least in the dense part of Watson.

Again. FUCK CDPR, they lost all good will with me when they tried to hide this and went past even Bethesda. EA, Ubisoft and even activision haven't pulled something this fucked up on me. You die a hero or live long enough to become the villain and CDPR both died and became the villain. Fuck em. They can't repair this even if they put out a patch right now that fixed everything on all platforms.
I am also playing on base PS4, its by far the worst looking and performance AAA game I ever played on PS4, but the point is, aside the technical problems, the game is mediocre at best on its core, people just complaint about graphics and bugs because its the first thing you will notice, but when you spent time playing the flaws is everywhere, I can't believe the same dev delivered one of the best games of this gen with The Witcher 3 and now did this.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Also how to download bonuses from GOG Galaxy PC app? I click and nothing happens, no errors nothing.

You have to use my rewards. On the main screen when you click new game, or continue if you look on the right there is a rewards section and it gives you a qr/link to set up the rewards scheme. I think you might have to hit R1 on console to make it bigger or smaller

bxrz

I am also playing on base PS4, its by far the worst looking and performance AAA game I ever played on PS4, but the point is, aside the technical problems, the game is mediocre at best on its core, people just complaint about graphics and bugs because its the first thing you will notice, but when you spent time playing the flaws is everywhere, I can't believe the same dev delivered one of the best games of this gen with The Witcher 3 and now did this.
This game is great, the bugs are blinding your view on the game

I picked up the Stadia version along side the Xbox version on series X. I kind of regret starting on the Series X. Stadia version is better.

Luipadre

Gold Member
IQ is a bit sharper on PS5 after patch but it also made the gfx more ugly since you can see the awful popin and textures more. This game looks so bad on consoles holy shit.

John2290

Personally, I think the game is great on the main story route. It's exceeding my expectations in some cases, everytime I get to a main mission that is stable I'm blown away but like you said, what the fuck is the rest of it. They released TW3 in a bad state and I gave them no shit cause it was decent enough and the game was amazing and all. Legit my favourite game of all time. This game is amazing but I can't forgive the bugs on PRO and it's a lot less than on OG, something just doesn't mesh well. THe pacing of the glitches, bugs and performance is just too much for the game underneath too shine through and once you're getting into it, it says fuck you motherfucker, time to ruin your fun.

John2290

image quality
Ah, well that's something.

I'm hoping for the patch that improves stability over all. I don't want to go from something that is smooth and visual glitch free to something that isn't in a minute or two. I want something that is inbetween and stable from the time i start the game until i end my session.

azz0r

Banned
How do i get more ram? I have 4 slots and its so such a ball ache, I keep getting stuck in missions where im out manned but they out level me so i can't fully stealth them (they reverse my sneak attack) and the only real helper I can see is getting more ram todo more. hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom