• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I went reflex / handguns for my weapon. Found a hard hitting revolver that also sets people on fire. I done blown off heads, arms and legs, shit is wild. Can't decide on my secondary though. Shotguns or AR's, they both seem to have their uses.

Tesseract

Banned
How do i get more ram? I have 4 slots and its so such a ball ache, I keep getting stuck in missions where im out manned but they out level me so i can't fully stealth them (they reverse my sneak attack) and the only real helper I can see is getting more ram todo more. hacking
points in Intelligence, deck upgrades, abilities and perks

Went another bit on the OG PS4. It's legit worse than Fallout 4, no hyperbole, it's worse. It's like playing a game on Dreams where the creator used too much thermal and over shot what they were trying to do. I'm so fucking glad I have the PRO and going into another session now, I hope I can resist the urge to just put up with the jank instead of resetting the console after coming from that PS2 (No shit) some parts look like a PS2 game on OG when you're walking by, at least in the dense part of Watson.

Again. FUCK CDPR, they lost all good will with me when they tried to hide this and went past even Bethesda. EA, Ubisoft and even activision haven't pulled something this fucked up on me. You die a hero or live long enough to become the villain and CDPR both died and became the villain. Fuck em. They can't repair this even if they put out a patch right now that fixed everything on all platforms.

EDIT: I just want to say again, the game is great. The parts along the main story are beyond incredible and don't have as much bugs as free roaming the world but man, getting from mission to mission or trying to do anything else outside of the main missions is infuriating. maybe they should have pulled a Bethesda and walled off parts of the game on consoles with load times if it would have helped or took hits in other areas, fuck maybe just delay the console version until spring with the next gen patches and also do the responsible thing and put the base console versions out of their misery. Hell, getting that instant money from the hype can't be worth what this is going to do to your company in the long run. They'll be bought by MS next once they run out of that up front cash and there will be no coming back from this.

You are exaggerating with the game looking worse than Fallout 4 on base PS4. Maybe Fallout 4 runs better, but it is nowhere close graphicwise. The worse looking part for me is the area outside the megabuilding you live in; in that area the jaggies, IQ, Resolution take the major hit ever. Although the game looks really nice at night, and it DESTROYS Fallout 4 in interiors (except some bugs related to textures no loading), lightning, particules, character models, animation, draw distance, materials, reflections etc. I just came from playing the mission located in the corpo hotel; it looked like ×3 boosted Deux Ex Mandkind Divided.

Last edited:

azz0r

Banned
points in Intelligence, deck upgrades, abilities and perks
Right but the mainline story is putting me in situations I am underpowered for, how am I suppose to get money/perks and ability points outside of the story? The info markers on the map seem to just be people or clubs of interest

Dynasty8

Any updates from my Xbox Series X players?

I still haven't started the game...deciding if I should wait for additional patches (not the main next gen patch) or if I should let CDPR fix some more stuff. How's the performance and bugs after today's update?

Tesseract

Banned
Right but the mainline story is putting me in situations I am underpowered for, how am I suppose to get money/perks and ability points outside of the story? The info markers on the map seem to just be people or clubs of interest
there's lots of events

open your map and track a marker ...

Last edited:

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Fuck doubts

mJDEeUC.png

SEGA_2012

Hey guys my copy is here. I really want to play but i've decided to play on Christmas Eve. It is holiday so i will have a lot of free time.

AqjZmaI.jpg

BadBurger

I got to level 8 pretty quickly doing random events on the map. Assaults in progress, taking down gangs, helping cops, the "side gigs" or whatever they're called. Made some good eddies too, paid off the doc when I was level 4.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Its funny how people still expect bug free games at launch after we get first day patches, broken games at launch and other stuff for like 10 years now.

Newest patch on Pro is

Well i did expect it today or tomorrow. :) Glad CD Project didnt disappoint me :)

I stopped playing when i go the cyber implants at the doc.

Last edited:

Karunamon

Speaking of bugs, I've noticed the audio mixing goes to shit after a prolonged period of time. After roughly 2 hours, it's impossible to hear enemy gunfire anymore.

How do you "save" a vehicle so you can summon it later? I want a bike, dammit.

ChrisV

So I'm playing this on an OLED (B8). It looked good to my eyes, but I understand how people can say it's washed out and how there are no real true blacks. I ended up turning HDR off on my Xbox and then messing with some gamma setting (apparently these replace the HDR settings in the game), and it looks great now. Colors are popping like they should. Some lights are blinding. Can’t wait to get that patch on Series X. Hopefully it’s soon.

D23

just tried playing after the new patch and it looks sharper and clearer imo. Im playing on a 75inch TV so b4 the patch it was VERY noticeable how ugly it looks.. but now i think it looks good for what it is. PS5 version

Last edited:

Karunamon

Oh hey, just a heads up, the 1.04 update redid the braindance visuals for anti-epilepsy purposes. Out now on PC/PS4, coming soon to Xbox.

Straight from the notes:

v1.04 patch notes said:
Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.

If you've been holding off for this reason, you should be in good shape now. Game kicks ass :D

Last edited:
Speaking of bugs, I've noticed the audio mixing goes to shit after a prolonged period of time. After roughly 2 hours, it's impossible to hear enemy gunfire anymore.

Do the "Heroes" sidequest when it appears, free bike

Last edited:

McCheese

1.0.4 just fixed the vanishing Jackie bug in the heist mission that I've been stuck on all evening.

Also fixed a ton of other things, no more menu drift and modestly improved PS4 pro framerates are the two immediately noticeable ones.

Looking forward to digging into it some more tomorrow. 17gb patch!

Last edited:

BadBurger

As far as I know, a quest will occur in which a garage comes into play, next to your apartment. You exit the apartment and turn right and there should be a garage to enter there eventually. Park cars in there to save them.

Grain of salt though, that's what my drunk-ass friend texted me when I asked him.

Just had a wierd bug and then crash where 2 people called my phone at the same time.

They both appeared in the little chatbox in the top left corner and one just sort of pushed the other to the side. They talked over each other too much, I don't think it could have been intentional. Right when I was "realizing hmm this can't be a conference call" the game crashed

Hmm just installed the patch (PS4) and I feel like it's smoother but I could be delusional and fooling myself.

Loaded up the same game. Got the same double phone call bug where 2 people called at the exact same time and I answered both so they just talked over each other. But then the game didn't crash. Interesting.

Last edited:

John2290

You are exaggerating with the game looking worse than Fallout 4 on base PS4. Maybe Fallout 4 runs better, but it is nowhere close graphicwise. The worse looking part for me is the area outside the megabuilding you live in; in that area the jaggies, IQ, Resolution take the major hit ever. Although the game looks really nice at night, and it DESTROYS Fallout 4 in interiors (except some bugs related to textures no loading), lightning, particules, character models, animation, draw distance, materials, reflections etc. I just came from playing the mission located in the corpo hotel; it looked like ×3 boosted Deux Ex Mandkind Divided.
I'd love to be exaggerating but I'm not, I done comparisons with Youtube on my 720p laptop against the 1080p screen my OG is hooked up to and Fallout wins even with YT compression. The blurring, the textures quality, the character models as you pass by and they look like Solid snake in MGS1 on the PS1, the buildings like janky monoliths when you pan the camera up to them for a few seconds before the detail pops in and driving through the city... have you drived through the city on OG yet? Fallout wins before but it wins by far against that, that's as bad as ps2 open world games. I haven't tried the main missions on OG or much indoor stuff and I don't want to, I went into the place you meet Judy and had a look aroun and the downgrade is obvious and far worse than most third party ps4 games apart from the character models (when they load in) but when sepping out and seeing two stick figure Solid snake from the PS1 character models holding on to each other and a world behind them so blurred out and lighting going nuts all over the place, i'm not exaggerating. I platinumed F4 and was among the first to say Bethesda fucked us but nah, F4 wins overall. The only place it doesn't is character models, attention to detail, assets when they load in, the anti ailising and other tech stuff that has evolved or devs have been able to implement better.

I'm just glad I played it, went back to the pro version to continue my game and I'm not complaining now, lol, even though it's less than stellar. I guess it's all perspective and if you haven't played recent Sony first party stuff over the last few years.

BadBurger

Shit, forgot to update to the latest game ready driver from Wednesday on this brand new PC (I guess I had to install the previous version first?). Bumped my FPS up a tiny bit. I changed DLSS from "Balanced" to "Quality" and took no performance hit at all as well. Nooice.

Hawk269

Any updates from my Xbox Series X players?

I still haven't started the game...deciding if I should wait for additional patches (not the main next gen patch) or if I should let CDPR fix some more stuff. How's the performance and bugs after today's update?
Been playing on Series X since the 9th (I did the New Zealand trick) and it has been fine. I went with Quality mode because it looks better and with the Motion Blur it helps cut back on the look of stuttering due to the 30fps. No major bugs for me other than finding things floating in the air like rocks and found a book just floating in the air. Outside of that no major issues. I have both the PS5 and Series X (well the BC versions) and it runs and looks better on the Series X. Plus in Quality mode the Series X has a "TON" more pedestrians and vehicles out in the world making it feel like a real city.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Did the patch increase the text size within the game?

I literally have problems reading some of the item descriptions and stuff

Braag

hmmm, I've gotten to the point where the game is crashing every hour or so of gameplay, it wasn't crashing until I got past the prologue. It's getting a little annoying. Latest crash had me restarting my entire PC as everything froze.

I've been lucky as far as bugs go tho. Had once the T-pose glitch while driving and during 2 separate cut scenes Jackie made chopsticks and a gun float permanently on air.

John2290

Ah yes ERA, where I nuked my account because I hate the place, but sure keep sugarcoating the bad things about this game.
I'm not sugar coating. Look above, I'm ripping this game a the big hole it deserves and have lost faith in CDPR but instantly when I seen your post, I knew you were one of the "it's transphobic" crowd. I've combed through enough of that shit in the past few days to spot it, you aren't being sincere and know you are just piling on the hate for the sake of it. You might have nuked you're account but in such a few short words I knew you were a user there. Try harder with your "criticism".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom