• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| The Future Is Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk269

I think people are forgetting how much The Witcher 3 improved over time. There were some pretty horrendous oversights in that game that were rectified in later patched and DLCs.
Also I think there will be a lot of great modes that will also improve this gave massively.
I cannot play Witcher 3 without no level requirements mod for example. I do not understand why is CDPR insisting on level gating loot, cannot wait for similar mod for Cyberpunk.
This. I think fixes for this game will come even quicker than they did with Witcher 3. The hotfix today fixed a lot of stuff...still no where it needs to be, but for a hot fix it fixed a lot of stuff.

For anyone who waiting on launch, it's doing the decrypting thing again. Disk usage but no download. Weird way to patch. Almost like it's reinstalling the game. Check the file size after you're back up and running.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Some more screenshots

Nw28iG3.jpg

CTlE2YA.jpg

FNxPDNI.jpg

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Patch 1.03 is now online on all platforms

According to CD Projekt Red, this latest patch features the following fixes:

• Added performance and stability improvements.
  • Optimized performance to improve framerates for RTX GPUs.
  • Fixed sporadic crashes on PS4 and Xbox One/S.
  • Fixed crashing problems.
  • Addressed issues related to FPS drop.
  • Addressed texture related issues.
  • Fixed game loading issues.
  • Added performance fixes.
  • Other under the hood fixes.

This. I think fixes for this game will come even quicker than they did with Witcher 3. The hotfix today fixed a lot of stuff...still no where it needs to be, but for a hot fix it fixed a lot of stuff.

The only fix, or mod, that I want is to be able customize character mid-campaign.

I didn't customize my character on my first playthrough one bit thinking to myself "I'm just going to play it for 2 hours, see if the game can run well on my pc, and then restart the campaign if I liked it and/or refund it if I didn't."

Got too sucked into the story after the opening missions, and tried restarting for a Corpo run and just couldn't do it, so went back to my test playthrough and stuck with the default character design lmao.

Fun game man.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
supposedly the below.

Hotfix Patch 1.04 coming soon

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/cyberpunk-2077-pc-patch-104-infos,3365088.html
Main goal is improvement of performance and stability
Content translation:
  • Fixed problems with blurriness
  • Optimization of PC Performance
  • Optimization of PC Performance with RTX-GPUs
  • More FPS while driving
  • Lots of crash fixes on PS4 and PS5
  • Optimization of Raytracing Performance
  • Smaller bug fixes and improvements
  • Flatline-Bugs fixed
  • Xbox One and Xbox S crashes fixed
  • Audio, vehicle and vegetation glitch fixes
  • Missing textures fixed

Btw, great post on era to go out on. Much respect.

Pretty impressive they fixed ALL the Xbox crashes already! Sounds like the day two patch is the big one everyone's been waiting for!

Sarcasm aside it's awesome to see a patch this quick.

I fully believe the staff over there could probably use an open-bar staff party right now so it's nice of them to push this one out so quick. Hopefully it fixes more than it breaks!

BadBurger

Patch 1.03 is now online on all platforms

According to CD Projekt Red, this latest patch features the following fixes:

• Added performance and stability improvements.
  • Optimized performance to improve framerates for RTX GPUs.
  • Fixed sporadic crashes on PS4 and Xbox One/S.
  • Fixed crashing problems.
  • Addressed issues related to FPS drop.
  • Addressed texture related issues.
  • Fixed game loading issues.
  • Added performance fixes.
  • Other under the hood fixes.

My PC version is up to 1.04

HOTFIX 1.04
December 11, 2020
New hotfix to Cyberpunk 2077 is now live on PlayStation consoles and PC. For Xbox systems, we are working to have the update out as soon as possible. Here is the list of changes:

Quests
  • Fixed an issue with completing the final objective in Gig: Freedom of the Press.
  • Fixed an issue with starting conversation with Johnny at the end in Life During Wartime.
  • Corrected a rare issue with NPCs no longer calling V if A Like Supreme quest was abandoned mid-way.
  • Fixed an issue with Nix not going into his default state in Spellbound and KOLD MIRAGE.
  • Fixed issues blocking progress in I Fought The Law if the quest area is left.
  • Fixed inability to find Delamain in Epistrophy.
  • Fixed issues related to remaining in the second phase of the quest after finishing Pacifica fight with Ozob if played after Finals.
  • Fixed an issue with Nomads no longer present if V leaves the quest area mid-combat in With a Little Help from My Friends/Queen of the Highway.
  • Adjusted mappings and re-enabled quest tracker in M'ap Tann Pèlen/I Walk the Line/Transmission.
  • Fixed constraints on freedom to get up and sit down if neither blueline condition is met in Violence.
  • Fixed issues with time and space resulting from leaving the quest area or abandoning the quest in Following the River.
  • Fixed an issue with conversation with Johnny not starting after leaving the hotel in Tapeworm.
  • Fixed an issue with quest being blocked upon leaving the quest area before climbing the hill in Following the River.
  • Fixed the objective “Go into booth 9” not completing if the room’s entered too fast in Automatic Love.
  • Fixed Jackie’s issues with sitting still in The Ripperdoc.
  • Other quest fixes

Gameplay
  • Fixed the preview in weapon crafting.

Visual
  • Reduced vehicle appearance pop-in.
  • Speeded up switching first person perspective to third person perspective in a vehicle.
  • Fixed issues with animations missing from important quest NPCs during cinematics.

Performance & Stability
  • Improved stability, including various crash fixes.

Miscellaneous
  • Modified the flashing effect on braindances to reduce the risk of inducing epileptic symptoms. The effect has been smoothed out and the flashes reduced in frequency and magnitude.
  • Removed copyrighted songs incorrectly present in the game with "Disable Copyrighted Music" feature toggled on.

PC-specific
  • Switching language to default in the in-game settings now correctly sets it to the language of your Steam client.

Console-specific
  • Improved reflections quality on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to eliminate the smudge effect.
  • Fixed “The Wasteland” achievement being stuck on 97% after completing all relevant missions in The Badlands on Xbox.
  • Fixed an issue with missing PT-BR VO for Xbox players in Americas.

azz0r

Banned
Reading things around that I really don't like. The game sounds like it is in a really sorry state.

They aremaking a big pyre with all the goodwill gained with the Witcher trilogy.

It's sad.

AAA, not even once.
You are definitely buying into potential. I will say though that the story is great and a lot of fun, it's good enough to laugh at the bugs and glitches and still enjoy it.

thuGG_pl

My God, this game characters presentation, animation, emotions, is something I didn't see in any other yet. The storytelling and characters are incredible, this was starteted with the W3 and they keep raising the bar. Amazing!

I play on PC (RTX 2080) and i encountered one bug after about 6-7 hours (car hovering above the ground).
Sad that old gen players go through different experience.

Last edited:

Hugare

You can bet your ass thatt hey will patch this game real quick

Their stock going down 29% after the release of a game this big is really bad

Management must not be happy right now

They will crunch their asses off some more

Hmm, my game crashed fornthe first time in the first Jonny Silverhand part, and I've just find out about the new patch. Looking forward to try how this runs on base PS4.

So far, I'm enjoying my time with the game despite the issues. These interiors and the lightning are looking pretty amazing

Hugare

Waiting on feedback from PS4 users since the update hasn't pushed to XB1/XSX users yet
Performance is better while driving

Still not 30 fps for most of the time, but much better when in downtown

I tried stressed theg ame using a bike to go really fast, and it seems much more playable now in terms of performance

Bugs, tho ... There was a bug during the loading screen. Then the game started, and I couldnt change the camera while driving. Someone called me, and instead of their fac showing during the call, the person was standing, so all I could seew as her crotch

Still has lots to go, but its an improvement

Base PS4

Lethal01

Aside from ray tracing, what can we realistically expect the next gen patch to bring to the table?

If I'm not getting a solid a 60fps today on XsX, how will turning the Gfx up to 11 remedy that? Even if they keep a performance mode in the next gen version, it seems like we're already seeing all of the horsepower in action right?

Or is there some secret sauce that neither the XsX or PS5 have been tapped into just yet, for this game specifically?

The game is running in backwards compatibility mode, A native version of the game would definitely run better while allowing for higher settings.
It's not going to suddenly do 4k 60fps +ultra setting, but it's obviously going to look and run better.

BadBurger

I haven't noticed anything on PC from the hotfix yet performance wise. It seems like driving is a bit smoother but I could be fooling myself. FPS is still about 70 most of the time. I must have already found the sweet spot in settings for my RTX 2080 Super.

Last edited:

hank_tree

Anyone finished this yet? Wondering how long the game is roughly not that it's actually out? I'm well into Act 2 and keep unlocking "Rare" xbox achievements for just completing main story quests.

ToadMan

Still crashes from time to time

This is killing it for me. I get so many crashes just riding around doing random stuff. That coupled with bugs and stuff is making it unbearable.

It’d be nice if there was at least a trophy for reporting crashes ... 🙄

You can bet your ass thatt hey will patch this game real quick

Their stock going down 29% after the release of a game this big is really bad

Management must not be happy right now

They will crunch their asses off some more
I mean, they’re not thaaaaaaat upset

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
i just finished that mission. it was a load of fun but the ending sucked (not quality wise but emotionally). well, i saved just before going into to see Dex after getting out the car

That was exactly where I saved and quit as well. Won't be starting again for another 9hrs. 😅
I've noticed playing on regular tv speakers that a lot of the atmospheric background score playing in the background gets lost so I've mostly playing with headphones.

I haven't used TV speakers for over 8 months, I'm using a Dolby Atmos amp and 5.1 speaker set up. The bass is sooooo good, shakes the house. Headphones feel a step back but they are only stereo and not surround.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom