• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

If the 'Psycho" preset in Cyberpunk 2077 isn't nova max enough for you, we've got you covered, chooms. While Cyberpunk is beautiful on its own, we've tracked down five of the best graphics mods available for pc. Any one of these mods would make a great addition to your load order, and yes, we even used them all at once.

I was so wrong about this game. Bought into the hate and wrote it off.

Finally picked it up on sale out of boredom and because I really liked the anime… and I haven’t stopped playing for nearly 2 weeks. The game is really fun. The city itself has to be one of the most dense environments I’ve ever seen in a game. So much detail everywhere. Great story, great characters. The combat is good enough.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Finished a main story mission last night (find Alt for those that want to know) and now I’m left with my scanner not working anymore.

Ryuji Goda

Just started the game for the first time. Chose nomad. The starting area looks really bad (PS5). Though the first mission (girl in the bathtub) looks really nice graphically. Just got to my apartment. I really like it so far, although there is a lot of information to take in.

Last edited:

Ryuji Goda

Played a couple of hours more and really like it. The vibe of the city is unreal. When you look up to the buildings it looks almost photorealistic.

The car driving is kinda eeehhh

Ryuji Goda

Does it have NG+? And if so, can you change gender with NG+? I’d like to play it again after I finish it but as a dude but without losing my stats.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I'm playing this with HDR off, the game looks washed out with it on.
Is this a known problem?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I'm playing this with HDR off, the game looks washed out with it on.
Is this a known problem?
Looks deeper with hdr on.
You need to enable hdr in desktop and only then in game.
If it’s still washed out do a full pc restart. Nvidia introduced hdr issue recently

TGO

Looks deeper with hdr on.
You need to enable hdr in desktop and only then in game.
If it’s still washed out do a full pc restart. Nvidia introduced hdr issue recently
PS5 mate

TGO

What TV? Many non-OLEDs don't handle HDR well.
Sony X95
1150 nits
HDR is fantastic with other games.
I know Cyberpunk 2077 had HDR issues at launch but it doesn't look any different to me.
I thought they had fixed it by now but it looks the same with raised black levels
Or maybe I'm going about the settings wrong
Can you share yours? see if I'm over doing something

Last edited:

Pidull

I was so wrong about this game. Bought into the hate and wrote it off.

Finally picked it up on sale out of boredom and because I really liked the anime… and I haven’t stopped playing for nearly 2 weeks. The game is really fun. The city itself has to be one of the most dense environments I’ve ever seen in a game. So much detail everywhere. Great story, great characters. The combat is good enough.
The game was as bad as it was made out to be, I tried playing it a couple times over the first few months that it was out and could not stomach more than a couple hours of it.

After my third failed attempt I was pretty sure I was never going to touch the game again, but hearing about some of the recent patch updates I figured I would give it one more shot.

Glad I did, I have not put this game down for the past 2 weeks. It's all I can think about it this point.

The setting has grown on me more and more, I love how the world is designed around excess participation in alcohol, sex, and money - it's a world of greed at nearly every level, with corporations taking full advantage of capitalism run amok.

The vehicles have also been growing on me more and more, they blended old with new well.

Major props to CDPR for not dropping support on this right away. I hope that more and more people discover how good this game is.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

The game was as bad as it was made out to be, I tried playing it a couple times over the first few months that it was out and could not stomach more than a couple hours of it.
It was not, I played it on XSX at release, crashed once in 60 hours.

Speaking of Cyberpunk - when is it going to go on sale for PS5, waiting to double dip.

is this thread dead or do we have another one for Phantom Liberty?

I have the expansion preordered. I know I shouldn't but it's only £25 so fuck it. Can't wait to play it.

i'm curious about why they have raised the PC specs. i wonder if the expansion will be like Blood & Wine were they used an updated version of the engine with new visuals but restrict it to a certain area or if they are going to update the entire game. My PC meets the requirements for 4K 60fps with RTX Overdrive. I play at 1440p so should be able to stay well above 60fps.

edit: apparently we need version 2.0 to play Phantom Liberty

vld745pq597b1.jpg

Last edited:

Flabagast

is this thread dead or do we have another one for Phantom Liberty?

I have the expansion preordered. I know I shouldn't but it's only £25 so fuck it. Can't wait to play it.

i'm curious about why they have raised the PC specs. i wonder if the expansion will be like Blood & Wine were they used an updated version of the engine with new visuals but restrict it to a certain area or if they are going to update the entire game. My PC meets the requirements for 4K 60fps with RTX Overdrive. I play at 1440p so should be able to stay well above 60fps.
They say they are doing new things in the open world (vehicle combat, dynamic events, revised police system) so that might make the game heavier to run even without factoring in eventual graphical enhancements (which they have not talked about to my knowledge)

They say they are doing new things in the open world (vehicle combat, dynamic events, revised police system) so that might make the game heavier to run even without factoring in eventual graphical enhancements (which they have not talked about to my knowledge)
I thought I read some people who played the demo say that there are improved graphics.

Alex11

Tried the Overdrive setting, and yeah it looks bonkers most of the time. The textures may not be the best, in fact in some scenes they look atrocious, still some graphical bugs and the animations and face details are again not the best, but the lighting, Jesus, IMO is the best and combined with some artistic designs, delivers unique and amazing atmosphere.

3rqSO0m.jpg

jAVTsfI.jpg

vjoDCkU.jpg

fddNii0.jpg

Hl7tzNj.jpg

ngaCB5L.jpg

acqI2ox.jpg

0LNIqgY.jpg

They are a bit blurry, playing it at 1440p DLSS Quality

DeaDPo0L84

I was having such a good time starting a new playthrough post overdrive release. But now that I know Phantom Liberty is releasing soon I may just hold off cause I hate having to keep updating my mods. But I really want to keep playing =(.

MadPanda

Banned
I started this game some time ago for the first time and while it's an amazing game, I thought the main quest and the whole game would be a lot longer? I arrived at nocturne op55n1 after some 30 hours and that's with me doing lots of side quests. For the last 10 ingame hours I've been doing purely side stuff as I don't want to finish the story yet. Yes, I know I can do everything afterwards but in my head the game is finished after the main mission and I lose all the interest. I played as a netrunner and I guess this speeds things up as I can down everyone quick and easy and finish a mission faster. I'll play it again doing other builds as gameplay is simply good enough.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Coming straight from Starfield, one can really feel the quality difference in story telling. Cyberpunk 2077 is just on another level. The writing, interactions, combat, soundtrack and most noteworty - RPG! I can't stress how good CP2077 is right now. 2.0 feels fresh and I've already pissed off the coppers a few times and had some of the most intense getaways - damn they're aggressive!

Just my quick 5 cents - I'm so hyped for Phantom Liberty. Good luck out there, chooms

j0hnnix

Gold Member
I'm at the end of my second playthrough and logged in and wow.. I might finish up one more side quest and finish the campaign and get this.

DeaDPo0L84

I was excited to log in yesterday until I realized all mods are broken right now, one of those being a carry weight mod. So my character had a little over 4,000 items I had to delete to get under 350 lol. So tonight I will get finally get to play, gotta figure out the crafting system cause it seems a bit confusing, at least in my half hour with the new update.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Damn I played this at launch and I'm trying the trial version on PS5... Game plays amazingly on performance mode. I'm really surprised.

Was planning on getting this when a game of the year edition came out but I might binge the game now since it's on sale on PS5.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Started the game when the 2.0 patch dropped, never played it before besides benching it at the market place.

I must say the visuals are absolutely godly with pathtracing, it ruins all the other games i played. The visuals are stunning. The game is also really good. The main story is a bit short but the side missions fill it up well. Combat is surprisingly fun.

Can't wait for the DLC to arrive.

DryvBy

What's the biggest change someone who's played through the original with near 200 hours going to get from replaying with the new patch?

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Anyone that can tell me if I can get reasonably close to 60fps 1080p with path tracing on my 3070ti and 3700x? I'm pretty close to 60fps with 1080p ultra RT, dlss quality which I like but I would like the extra lighting even if I have to push to DLSS performance or ultra performance.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Tried to get into this twice before, while i liked it it didnt hook me. Tried after 2.0 dropped and I cant stop playing. Lots of fun so far.
I’m in the same boat. 2.0 + upgraded PC has been what this game needed and I’m having a blast

yamaci17

I never enjoyed combat prior to 2.0. Now I love it.
with specific builds and combat style, it was enjoyable, but only if you knew what you were doing in a sense
now it is enjoyable for everyone. all builds are fun
the game was not guiding players to an enjoyable combat experience
now it does

this is why this rework is preem

TheStam

Two times I tried to play this game. Once at launch where I lost interest and once a year or so back, just when PL got announced so I decided to wait. I always wanted to love the game since I'm such a huge fan of the Witcher games, but didn't really feel it.

Maybe I was in a better state of mind to play a huge game such as this now, but with 2.0 and PL I gave it another go and it was simply one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. The story and world building along with the refinements CDPR made.. it's incredible now. I don't want to shit on anyones favorite games, but so many lauded 90%+ rated AAA games that I still enjoy, simply don't come anywhere close to this. It's a shame it released in the state it did, but kudos to CDPR for bringing it all together in the end.

Watching the credits roll left me with a sense of emptiness I haven't felt since finishing The Witcher 3 for the first time and it's that sad realization that there is no unplayed AAA game out there that can give me the same high and there probably won't be for some time.

Exentryk

I've been enjoying the gameplay and trying to optimise my build for the last few weeks. Finally have something that is pretty OP. Can kill Maxtac waves on Very Hard with ease. Now I can get back to Phantom Liberty and see all the endings lol.

This is the build if anyone is interested:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I've played this game about 40 hours in the past week and I'm just astounded by it. I got through most of the main story and am in PL right now. It's an absolutely incredible game. The world, the dialogue, the character design, the artwork, the story, the environmental storytelling, the sidequests, the flexibility in character building, I'm just blown away. It has some jank here and there around the edges, and it has crashed for me a bunch of times (on PS5), but it's an incredible game. Easy 10/10 for me.

In a way it pisses me off that the first thing everyone that is going to come to my mind is some "redemption arc" thing because it really does obscure the fact that CDPR spent years working on this brilliant work of art and it just got ruined.

Last edited:

Alex11

What the hell did they do with this patch, the game just dropped 20 frames for no reason at all and the cars again feel like boats. I really defended this game on and on, especially visually, but they just keep messing something up with each update.

I bought this at launch, played the intro section and quit. Started up again last week and I've played about 10-12 hours, and man, if it keeps up like this it's going to be on my All-Time list. Everything about the world feels so engaging; characters, music, but especially the visuals. It's like someone made Blade Runner 2049 into a game. Combat feels good, too--I'm playing on Easy, and right now I'm playing like a real meathead, hitting people with a sledgehammer and sending them flopping around the map. I'm already thinking about playing through again with a more hacker/intellectual build.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
What the hell did they do with this patch, the game just dropped 20 frames for no reason at all and the cars again feel like boats. I really defended this game on and on, especially visually, but they just keep messing something up with each update.
The update disabled DLSS for me and I had to go get the latest driver to reenable and it’s back to normal

Alex11

The update disabled DLSS for me and I had to go get the latest driver to reenable and it’s back to normal
I know, that was the first thing I did before I even loaded my game and noticed the frame drops. I made sure I had all the settings like before the update and also installed the new Nvidia driver.

It isn't just me, went to Steam discussion page and it's full of people with the same problems.
What's weird is that the frame drops make no sense, there are some with 3060s that have no problem and then there are those with 4090s that have problems, some are even noticing increased fps.

Top Bottom