• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

|OT| CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

Aug 11, 2019
I've played through the game 5 times, all the way back from launch and recently last week. Never seen any of these issues. In all those playthroughs, I've had maybe a couple of bugs similar to those, and it could be worked around. What platform are you on? For me, it was XSX and PC for the playthroughs.
Yeah, I feel like I got really lucky with my PC playthrough. Granted I put only 90 or so hours into the game in a single playthrough, but I think I only experienced 1 progression breaking bug in a quest. All the other bugs I experienced were weird graphical and audio glitches like the voice acting randomly cutting out or getting out of sync.

• Triggered
Reactions: Saint Boot

voidenberg

Jan 15, 2018
I had one gamebreaking bug so far. During X-factor, Judy wouldn't spawn no matter what. I had to reload an earlier save.

Bullet Club

Oct 24, 2017

Patch 1.31 for Cyberpunk 2077 is now available on PC, consoles, and Stadia. Here's the list of changes for this update.

Please note that the issues listed below did not affect all players.

Gameplay
  • Fixed an issue where after upgrading an item with a quest tag, the base version of said item wasn't removed from the inventory.
  • Fixed an issue where weapon reload speed perks slowed down reload time.
  • Corrected the height of the charged jump.
  • Adjusted enemies' stealth detection speed dependent on game difficulty.
  • V will no longer get stuck in falling animation when crashing a motorbike while also having "The Rock" perk.
Quests & Open World

Visual

• Fixed an issue where roads after rain did not look wet, which was the result of ongoing work on the Wet Surfaces System. In 1.31 wet surfaces should look more detailed than they did even before the issue occurred.
  • Removed hair and/or eyebrows in cases where they were set to "off" in earlier game versions.
  • Fixed an issue where shooting with a Tech weapon caused a momentary blinding light.
  • With a Little Help from My Friends — fixed an issue where Carol was missing her tablet or sitting in the air during a scene.
UI
  • Returned missing descriptions in Overheat and Short Circuit quickhack tooltips.
  • Returned missing descriptions for Backpacker, Resist!, Osmosis and Footloose clothing mods.
Miscellaneous
  • Fixed an issue where players couldn't claim in-game Registration Rewards due to the error: "A network error has occurred. Please try again later".
Console-specific
  • [PlayStation] GPU memory optimization.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vr46
Mar 28, 2021
getting back into the game. i wish they'd fix the sounds. i need to disable my PC sound loudness setting (turn it off) to even be able to hear the radio in game. also why the hell is V's footsteps so damn loud? sounds like she's walking around in big clown shoes.

the game still has visual bugs. there are lootable items stuck in walls (ashtrays, vinyl records, etc) and you have people waist deep in concrete. in some missions (seems to be braindance scenarios) the dialogue audio overlaps between characters. enemies still are dumb and will not notice you if you stand right infront of them.

seriously it's a joke that 10 months on the game is in this state.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2021
lol so nobody has posted in here since i lasted posted over 2 weeks ago. thought worth (or not worth) bumping.

apparently this is an updated roadmap

so guess no more patches this year. well done CDPR. everything has been pushed to Q1 22. patches, free dlc, next gen update.

WTF are they doing (or not doing) over there in Poland? I know the game got a shit load of negativity and they were hacked but c'mon....the game is almost 11 months since release and we've had 1 free dlc. OK there were patches but looking at that image it seems with patches they keep fucking things up cause there are 6 hotfixes vs 5 patches.

things must be really bad if they can't even put out free DLC or patches with bug fixes.

Last edited:

Flabagast

Feb 24, 2021
lol so nobody has posted in here since i lasted posted over 2 weeks ago. thought worth (or not worth) bumping.

apparently this is an updated roadmap

so guess no more patches this year. well done CDPR. everything has been pushed to Q1 22. patches, free dlc, next gen update.

WTF are they doing (or not doing) over there in Poland? I know the game got a shit load of negativity and they were hacked but c'mon....the game is almost 11 months since release and we've had 1 free dlc. OK there were patches but looking at that image it seems with patches they keep fucking things up cause there are 6 hotfixes vs 5 patches.

things must be really bad if they can't even put out free DLC or patches with bug fixes.
Its an fake update map made by a Reddit poster, nothing official.

stop being angry and believing everything you see on the Internet (we are in 2021 god damn it) and next time check your sources

• LOL
Reactions: nightmare-slain
Jan 3, 2020
Its an fake update map made by a Reddit poster, nothing official.

stop being angry and believing everything you see on the Internet (we are in 2021 god damn it) and next time check your sources
Won’t you check before acting like an ass

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: nightmare-slain
Mar 28, 2021
sorry for bumping lol no new info just sharing my thoughts on it....i finally finished the damn game. bought it at launch. refunded it. bought it again for like 50% off after a few patches. tried to play it and stopped (not because of the game i just didn't have time). went back to it and finally got through it.

the game had so much potential but i'm just gonna say it: i didn't really enjoy it. crazy i know... everyone has been hating on the game since it came out. i really wanted to love it but there is just so much stuff wrong with it. i went into it thinking i'd take my time doing side quests but the main story always has you fucking rushing to the next mission. so it never felt right to stop and do side stuff. i focused on the main story and it was too damn short. also i lost track of wtf was going on at times. the ending came too quick and i didn't really feel like i had much choice over what ending i wanted.

i did plan to go back and do side quests but yknow what...i don't even care right now. i've been trying to play the game for 11 months and honestly i just want it out the way. maybe one day i'll go back and replay it when all the dlc/expansions are out. i felt like i got my moneys worth and i saw the credits roll so that's it. i'm spending no more energy on this game.

the main story has awful pacing. from very early on it's all go go go. let me take some time to do side quests. to be fair this is a issue with a lot of games (even Witcher 3 which i loved). the map is amazing to look at but it's just there as decoration. there's nothing to do and the buildings you can go into are just glorified menus (gun shops, cyberware, restaurants, etc). the game is definitely NOT an RPG. it has RPG elements but they meant shit. i never felt like i was getting any benefit from levelling shit up. there is no point upgrading weapons/gear. the stuff you pick up as you go will get the job done. i tried saving money up for cars/cyberware but the game doesn't give you much. i finished with 24,000. of course i could do side quests but if i take the time to do them it fucks with the narrative of the main story. i did buy some cyberware but again like the stats...never felt like they were meaningful. i got through the game with the shitty car you start with and i got some guys bike (not jackies).

the game just seems to unbalanced and all over the place. the main story is the best thing it has going for it because i loved the characters but the story itself is a mess. night city is incredible. i spent 50 hours playing and i feel like i never saw everything. but sadly there is no reason to explore. it's full of brain dead NPCs and locked doors.

maybe i'm not being 100% fair because i didn't do everything the game has to offer but the game never really got me hooked enough to want to do everything. what CDPR do next is important. they can either fuck around and move onto Witcher 4. if that's the case then fine i will never go back to Cyberpunk. but if they come back and try repair their reputation and make the game better i will be happy to give the game another try when it's truly finished.