• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CYBERPUNK 2077 |OT2| The Last Samurai [>56K Warning_]

MadYarpen

The game can easily hold 100+ hours of game time per playthrough to finish all up, find all the iconic guns, finding on legendary armor etc.
But a lot of that is just filler. I did all meaningful side quests, or most of them, many gigs, and still I was below 70h. And that alone is not a problem, but the main story took much less of the overall time, than it should. Main quests were rather short, not complex at all, and didnt have a lot of branching. Which added to the impression that the main story line is undercooked.

IMO they went from one extreme to the exact opposite.

Samurai Bomber Jacket is back in stock. Get ready for spring. I just got mine.

cyberpunk.net_en_1571926819_5db1b3244f6745.58886108.jpg

Last edited:

Hugare

I am finally getting back into the main story after doing a bunch of side stuff and I am overpowered as hell.
Even with some absurd gear (more than 6000 of armor) some enemies can kill me fast and others dont even make damage on me

And you'll pretty much die every time with explosions.

Its really unbalanced. I dont get how damage works in this game sometimes.

But yeah, you'll feel overpowered for the rest of the game. Unless you go for the secret ending.

It's tough as nails.

Getting "Second Heart" is a must

Last edited:

Exentryk

Even with some absurd gear (more than 6000 of armor) some enemies can kill me fast and others dont even make damage on me

And you'll pretty much die every time with explosions.

Its really unbalanced. I dont get how damage works in this game sometimes.

But yeah, you'll feel overpowered for the rest of the game. Unless you go for the secret ending.

It's tough as nails.

Getting "Second Heart" is a must
It's because armor doesn't protect from explosions. It also doesn't protect against melee damage. That must be what you're seeing play out during combat.

prag16

Banned
Started act 3. Yeah the main quest is shorter than any RPG I can remember but the character arc side quests are sublime. Finished Panam, Judy and River and all are top tier. And did that Sinnerman quest after the director appeared on the late night talk show. The world building is unbelievable.
I'm guessing Rogue and Johnny bandmates are the next arc Im doing.
It was jarring to me how back loaded all the crucial side content is. You can't even start a lot of it until you have the option of heading into the endgame. But it's all so good. My favorite world building on the whole since the Mass Effect trilogy. Also the most attached I've been to characters since Mass Effect 2.

Woggleman

I'm partial to the Divided We Stand smart rifle.
I got fed up with trying to pass that challenge so I just shot everybody and took it. I hope it doesn't have an adverse effect down the line. The Lizzie pistol is good as well.

Also Rogue got mad at me because I did a side mission for her and went in guns blazing.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I got fed up with trying to pass that challenge so I just shot everybody and took it. I hope it doesn't have an adverse effect down the line. The Lizzie pistol is good as well.

Also Rogue got mad at me because I did a side mission for her and went in guns blazing.
I won the challenge, got the gun, and as I was leaving thought that it would be such a waste of exp if I didn't kill everyone.

So I did lol.

Wow, that web shop is so lame as you cannot order to Norway, it's not part of the EU (which should be EEC!) selection of countries even though it should be, it has the same rules as the other countries and is even part of Schengen.
Shit man, sorry to hear that. My experience with them was always superb. This is my 3rd order in the last month. Purchased bomber jacket yesterday, will be delivered tomorrow (Netherlands).

Majukun

That legendary smart shotgun you get in Pacifica is my favorite weapon. That thing just blasts through enemies.
more of a comrade hammer myself, but i do need to find the schematics for those mods that decrease reload times (both with and without an empty clip, which with the hammer is a non- difference...the gun is letal from range but in close combat situations it's kind of slow

Yeah it's really not that hard lol.

Maybe it is on a controller? Who knows.
definitely hard with controller, probably much easier to do with mouse and keyboard.

Last edited:

2AdEPT

I am finally getting back into the main story after doing a bunch of side stuff and I am overpowered as hell.
Especially as I was chicken at launch and selected "normal"...there really isnt any reason not to have done "very hard"
Are there still crashes on the PS5 people?
I havent played since the hot fix to teh hot fix or whatever.....did the second one fix crashes on Ps5? The first one did nothing for me at all. Actually I played a bit after the second hotfix that gave us our loot back and still I think it crashed at least once in 4 hours.

I ahve absolutely no complaints about Ps5 other than the rediciulous amnount of crashes, which didnt bother me at first but finally I have lost my patience and end up swearing at the screen LOL. I sometimes just quit playing instead of reloading as it takes so long to reload multiple screens and you have to press three buttons so cant go to the can or get a snack. FIrst world problems but yes I still can get annoyed.

the Ps5 version I have has had fewer issues than some of the PC reports with floating NPC's or cars going through cement etc. I have had almost none of that.

Last edited:

mitchman

Gold Member
Shit man, sorry to hear that. My experience with them was always superb. This is my 3rd order in the last month. Purchased bomber jacket yesterday, will be delivered tomorrow (Netherlands).
Really sucks and their customer service wasn't helpful in giving some kind of time frame. You really have to go out of your way to not support Norway in this time and age. Well, if they don't like money, I'm sure I can find cheap knockoffs of the jacket elsewhere.

regawdless

Banned
Playing on hard but man, mouse aiming with Pistols and headshots is so OP. Fully upgraded Overture revolver with x6.2 headshot damage, 100% crit chance with way over 200% crit damage. Yeah, pretty much mowing through large groups of enemies.

Explosions are the only real danger.

mitchman

Gold Member
Playing on hard but man, mouse aiming with Pistols and headshots is so OP. Fully upgraded Overture revolver with x6.2 headshot damage, 100% crit chance with way over 200% crit damage. Yeah, pretty much mowing through large groups of enemies.

Explosions are the only real danger.
Yeah, I tend to not care with 4000+ armor rating, and tend to blow up anything that can kill me first :)

SJRB

Gold Member
PC just had a hotfix, 1.12 specifically to fix the security issue.

Patch notes:

Hotfix 1.12 is now available on PC.

This update addresses the vulnerability that could be used as part of remote code execution (including save files):

• Fixed a buffer overrun issue.
  • Removed/replaced non-ASLR DLLs.

Null Persp

Damn, the endings are really grim
in every ending the Original V is dead after entering the Mikoshi and Jackie's engram answering with the same past phrases taken from the memories was sad.
Even the credits with V's friends voicemails, especially when Johnny takes V's body are really depressing stuff.
The most intriguing one for me is the ending with the Mr. Blue Eyes, he looks like Illusive Man from Mass Effect, I think he will have an important role in the DLC

SJRB

Gold Member
Damn, the endings are really grim
in every ending the Original V is dead after entering the Mikoshi and Jackie's engram answering with the same past phrases taken from the memories was sad.
Even the credits with V's friends voicemails, especially when Johnny takes V's body are really depressing stuff.
The most intriguing one for me is the ending with the Mr. Blue Eyes, he looks like Illusive Man from Mass Effect, I think he will have an important role in the DLC
Yeah this is one of my biggest gripes with the game.

There's not a single ending where V comes out victorious. V is doomed from the start. In literally every ending V gets fucked in some way or another. This game would've resonated so much better with me if we were able to get rid of Johnny without any consequences.

Loostreaks

Yeah this is one of my biggest gripes with the game.

There's not a single ending where V comes out victorious. V is doomed from the start. In literally every ending V gets fucked in some way or another. This game would've resonated so much better with me if we were able to get rid of Johnny without any consequences.
That would've ruined it ( for me), entirely. You walk away, happy&free, without any cost.
I think the endings are one of the best, emotional and engaging, I've seen in video game. ( I put them even above TLOU). In other rpg, endings are more or less "roleplaying flavor": ( like in Bloodlines or New Vegas) achieve same goal with different faction. But there is nothing "of you" in it.
Every ending here is very personal, letting you define who your character ultimately is and what you value more in life.
Burn out in blaze of glory, for fame? Family and friends, at expense of losing yourself? Survival above everything else? Self sacrifice for someone close to you? Or give up, realizing none of it has any ( lasting ) meaning?

Exentryk

Yeah, I didn't mind the endings. The devs wanted a particular direction for the ending and it does give you that bitter-sweetness at the end.

Last edited:

Majukun

What does it mean when an item has the 'crafting spec' icon in the inventory description?
I Assumed it means you have the schematics and can recreate it, but I have this icon on the time worn duster that is a legendary item and I can't create a new one

Zeypher

Cyberpunk Genre never has happy endings. Its like a running theme in this genre. Bittersweet is the best you will ever get.

Last edited:

Majukun

did they make a comment abiiut the supposedly bugged reward for the psycho killer questline? you get absolutely nothing for it despite being one of the biggest questlines in the game.

prag16

Banned
Eh, I think the
Panam/nomad in which V returns to her bdy
was a relatively optimistic ending, considering. And it's the only one where
Judy doesn't dump female V
during the credits.

The rest of the endings and variations are pretty damn bleak though, I agree. Reminds me of Mass Effect 3 (especially pre-extended cut due to the implications that the mass relay network is mortally wounded) to an extent.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I am replaying this game and I gotta say, the beginning before Keanu is just so motherfucking slog it's crazy. Not the mention it's pretty much the same deal no matter who you play.

Woggleman

What does it mean when an item has the 'crafting spec' icon in the inventory description?
I Assumed it means you have the schematics and can recreate it, but I have this icon on the time worn duster that is a legendary item and I can't create a new one
There are certain perks you need to craft legendary stuff and you might not have them.

Majukun

There are certain perks you need to craft legendary stuff and you might not have them.
nah i can already craft legendary items but the duster doesn't appear on the list of the things i can craft..i mean it makes sense since it was a boss drop..but then i don't understand why i have the icon that inidcates that i can craft it too

I have been telling you all that knowing the Cyberpunk lore is key to enjoy this game like a child. It's key to enjoy every single detail, every character, to understand more about some of characters' motives even, to understand more about the world-building this game offers, etc.

Well, I don't know whether you were already aware about this or not, but ANYONE who's purchased the game on any of the available platforms has free unlimited access to download the complete Cyberpunk 2020 guidebook in PDF format from GOG.COM page, under account>game goodies. This guidebook includes complete details about the universe as well as RPG tabletop 2020 if you wish to print out everything in order to play with friends ( as long as you don't have every day responsibilities, of course)

Screenshot-2021-02-06-21-37-21.png

Screenshot-2021-02-06-21-07-49.png

Screenshot-2021-02-06-21-37-15.png

Last edited:

2AdEPT

nah i can already craft legendary items but the duster doesn't appear on the list of the things i can craft..i mean it makes sense since it was a boss drop..but then i don't understand why i have the icon that inidcates that i can craft it too
Being able to craft legendary with the named perk isnt good enough...look below aong the bottom the crafting page....if you didnt complete at least 18 out of 20 stages (iirc) then you wont have "unlocked" all the crafting specs available and they wont "appear" until you do. I have been grinding to get that last legendary tier and it is laborious. Most of the crafting specs I have come from this system, not from drops or purchases. If you dont sit there and grind out craft you wont get the perk points you are allowed to grind for each level...early on I tried to grind more than my level and it didnt allow me to progress further than my current level.

Makariel

Well, I don't know whether you were already aware about this or not, but ANYONE who's purchased the game on any of the available platforms has free unlimited access to download the complete Cyberpunk 2020 guidebook in PDF format from GOG.COM page, under account>game goodies. This guidebook includes complete details about the universe as well as RPG tabletop 2020 if you wish to print out everything in order to play with friends ( as long as you don't have every day responsibilities, of course)
Having downloaded the PDF, you can use places like https://roll20.net/ to set up a P&P RPG session online and play with some friends without having to print it out ;) (albeit my group generally uses Discord for audio, since the roll20 voice chat is hit and miss).

regawdless

Banned
Done all the side missions and played two endings. Which were vastly different and pretty well done. Have some more available choices and will try them out over the course of this week.

Love the game for many reasons. But man, stupid bugs, glitches and weird stuff during the emotional ending missions were pretty bad. Like the last enemy that needed to die before I could continue ... Was in the ground and I couldn't shoot him. Or during a crucial dialogue, suddenly not being able to scroll through the dialogue options. Or characters glitching in emotional moments. And so on.

Also, the balancing was off. Played on hard and it was still a breeze. Still enjoyed it immensely

Last edited:
Top Bottom