• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 sold 13.7m units in 2020

1 Sell-through figure – cumulative retail sales across all hardware platforms (factoring in returns in brick-and-mortar as well as digital storefronts)

rEeijMh.png

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Holy shit. 14 million. And even factors in returns.

When they first promoted they were at about 9 million, thats when all the returns options popped up. I thought hitting 10 million would be tough.

Looks like they sold another 4 million copies since then.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I bought it used for $12, came with everything. Downloaded the patches the other week (base ps4).

I like CDPR, have nothing against them, but the game is mediocre at best. Visuals aside, there's nothing about the game that seems cutting edge. It's just a FPRPG with cars that control really bad.

I didn't follow the pre-release hype but the time I've spent with it is just absolutely underwhelming.

MiguelItUp

Yeah, I figured it moved some solid units. I'm still interested in seeing where it ends up in the coming months. Even if I was able to play it all the way through on PC.

Also, next-gen versions are dropping this year according to them, so that'll be interesting as well.

Bragr

Banned
So The Witcher 3 sold over 30 million on all consoles and PC over 5-6 years with massive DLC's, tons of marketing, and tons of discounts (it's been like 10--20 bucks for the last few years).

Animal Crossing sold 31 million in 9 months at full price on one console.

Fucking nuts.

Flabagast

Yeah, I figured it moved some solid units. I'm still interested in seeing where it ends up in the coming months. Even if I was able to play it all the way through on PC.

Also, next-gen versions are dropping this year according to them, so that'll be interesting as well.
Some bank analysts recently assumed that the game "only" moved 2m copies (mostly at discount prices) since the beginning of 2021, with a lot (and they mean A LOT) of people expected to be withholding purchase until a stable version and / or the release on next gen.

Mabdia

Well... I'm probably one of these. The game wasn't perferct. Far from it. But it is one of the best games I played this gen.

The only problem is that they should have waited 6 months to release it.

Waiting for Cyberpunk 2 and i really hope that they abandon the FP and go full 3rd person.

Last edited:

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Indeed, that's the only thing left for the haters to hope for.
not hater, realist. Hell I'm sketchy as fuck for their next game because they shipped a broken mess, remember when people were comparing CD to rockstar, ND etc.....I love Cd and witcher 3, cyberpunk was a slap in the face to gamers in general and stuff like this shouldnt be celebrated. I only hope their next game on launch in phenomenal

imsosleepy

they knew they would sell so fucking much. And yet the board over there decided to rush the fucking game, ignore their developers and just cash in on the short term. The witcher had massive long term legs, this wil defenitly not have the same ones. Fucking idiots

Came and went?

Its a single player Rpg, what do you expect?
Witcher 3 is probably my all time favorite, so I was pretty hyped for Cyberpunk 2077.

I bought it at launch, tried it for 30 minutes on PS5 and it's been collecting dust since.

Edit. Compared to W3 which I still think and talk about with my friends and can't wait for the next gen update. Cyberpunk hasn't been in my mind for months now.

Last edited:

Vasili2K38

I did my part with the GOG version, even with my old PC I can run the game 2K/30 with medium settings, and I love so much the atmosphere and art design. And of course the game has its share of bugs, some gameplay issues (minimap zoom and the vehicle handling) but I find the combat and exploration loop with the skills and RPG systems good...

Impressive that an immersive sim could reach those heights. Hopefully Deus Ex, Dishonored and Prey all benefit from this and more IP's in the genre are created.

Probably a lot of people will dismiss CP2077 as a bad GTA clone, but for me is an incredible inmersive sim with the great storytelling of CD Projekt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom