• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls - New Trailer - 2011 Worldwide [Update 2: Video Interview In OP]

Canova

Banned
to those who haven't beaten or bought Demon's Souls, please, please, I beg you, do From Soft a favor, go buy the game and support From Soft!!!!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing. I'll be buying it day one wherever it's released first.

Seriously game looks fucking great. It also shows just how much you can achieve just by having amazing art assets.

EA can put all the money in the world for Dragon Age II but it won't look this good.

hteng

Banned
shit just got real jpg

edit: trailer said produced by namco bandai and powered by Fromsoft, so i guess this is really bamco that contracted from to make it.

Zeliard

canova said:
to those who haven't beaten or bought Demon's Souls, please, please, I beg you, do From Soft a favor, go buy the game and support From Soft!!!!

$22 on Amazon, go buy it. No reason anyone with a PS3 shouldn't own Demon's Souls, unless you're featured on the Rebel FM podcast, in which case you just have garbage tastes in games.

Owensboro

So, the "2011" means Japan only right? Or have they said it will be USA as well? Oh please god say so. If not, I'm importing the hell out of it.

And man do I hope there is a sweet special edition like Demon's Souls.

Danielsan

Owensboro said:
So, the "2011" means Japan only right? Or have they said it will be USA as well? Oh please god say so. If not, I'm importing the hell out of it.

No, they announced today that Europe and North America will be getting it this year as well. Rejoice!

Owensboro said:

The German press release says it's coming to Europe this year.

Owensboro

Speevy said:
What's everyone's opinion on having a proper final boss this time?

As far as I'm concerned, that King is the last boss in the game. That fucker was able to choke-hold drain at least 5 soul levels from me before he killed me the first time. After that, I think he got another 10 in repeated attempts. That, and I thought fighting something that was rather helpless and easy as the last enemy resonated more with me.

falconzss said:
Danielsan said:
No, they announced today that Europe and North America will be getting it this year as well. Rejoice!
Fortinbras said:
The German press release says it's coming to Europe this year.

This is the best day ever. EVER.

canova said:

Yes, also do them a favor by buying 3D Dot Game Heroes, which got considerably less attention and sales than DS ended up getting.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
lantus said:
So I'm a little out of the loop, why didn't they decide to work with Sony on making this demons souls 2?
Sony left their game to die after poor initial sales and reviews in Japan while Atlus and later Namco published it in the West.

Danielsan

Anyone willing to make a small avatar size .gif of this scene for me?

ibQ7so.jpg

I absolutely adore that armour and shield design.

lantus

Nirolak said:
Sony left their game to die after poor initial sales and reviews in Japan while Atlus and later Namco published it in the West.

Oh I see, well surely they must have seen how well it did outside of Japan and Asia, or were plans already set in motion by then to make this game without Sony?

canova said:
haven't beaten it (too little time...) but i think it's one of the best games and certainly one of the most addictive games i have ever played.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
lantus said:
Oh I see, well surely they must have seen how well it did outside of Japan and Asia, or were plans already set in motion by then to make this game without Sony?
Given the release timing, Namco likely signed this quite a while before it came to the West.

That or Sony had left From Software to bankroll the sequel for a year on their own and still didn't bother picking it up before Namco did.

Don said:
Can't wait to jump into this world.

Let strength be granted so the world might be mended.
Doubtful she'll even be in this game. :(

Everything looks fantastic but I just don't get why this couldn't be an actual Demon's Souls 2 (aside from publisher politics). I really loved the story of that game and was hoping to one day explore the land of the giants and such.
Goodbye, Boletaria... :(

Top Bottom