• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating-Age |OT5| Halp me pls. In the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying off games...
While it is true that I'm really only doing this for a sort of a side thing and would choose games over real life 70% of the time when it would come down to it I think I have enough drive to where I can succeed tbh even if it is gonna take a while which I don't mind. What do you guys talk about when you have smalltalk with others that make you sound intelligent? Politics? News? Because honestly when I try and start small talk with others I bring up anime or games and since people aren't really familiar with not so mainstream jrpgs or anime the atmosphere dies so I think what I really need is knowledge on what's mainstream...

Oh and thanks for the advice you guys! I really do appreciate it

There's a very specific subset of women who will respond to small talk about anime or games. I don't talk about politics, but I'm somewhat well read and can hold at least a moderately intelligent discussion about a wide range of topics. Reading a lot of the threads on GAF OT actually helps you to learn things, but just educating yourself about a lot of things helps the most. Reading a lot is a good thing (not manga). You'll be a better person for it.

You know how you get judged here instantly for having a kawaii anime avatar? That's how the real world works, too.

So the girl I've been "seeing" for a couple months now...we haven't expressed our feelings about where we stand since after our first date when she said she wanted to take things slow. We still hang out and talk a decent amount but it's definitely been less lately than we used to. Text responses shorter, body language a little different. I've seen her reconnecting with her ex recently though via snapchat and also her texting him, even right in front of me sometimes which is kind bumming me out. She always says she just talks to him to help him with issues he is having but to me it really seems like she's starting to try less with me and her and more with them. I mean we aren't "together" so I know she doesn't really owe me explanations or reasons for talking to whoever she wants but it still kinda makes me feel meh because I really like her and want to see where we can go.

I want to bring this up tonight and text her and see where her and I stand since we haven't laid down our intentions since after the first date a couple months ago. Is this the wrong move? Will it come off too strong? Alternatively I was just going to wait until later in the week and ask her out on a date Friday and see what she says.

Cudder

So the girl I've been "seeing" for a couple months now...we haven't expressed our feelings about where we stand since after our first date when she said she wanted to take things slow. We still hang out and talk a decent amount but it's definitely been less lately than we used to. Text responses shorter, body language a little different. I've seen her reconnecting with her ex recently though via snapchat and also her texting him, even right in front of me sometimes which is kind bumming me out. She always says she just talks to him to help him with issues he is having but to me it really seems like she's starting to try less with me and her and more with them. I mean we aren't "together" so I know she doesn't really owe me explanations or reasons for talking to whoever she wants but it still kinda makes me feel meh because I really like her and want to see where we can go.

I want to bring this up tonight and text her and see where her and I stand since we haven't laid down our intentions since after the first date a couple months ago. Is this the wrong move? Will it come off too strong? Alternatively I was just going to wait until later in the week and ask her out on a date Friday and see what she says.

For the love of God don't have that convo over text. Do it in person. You'll be able to read much more into her answer given her body language, etc.

Flux

For the love of God don't have that convo over text. Do it in person. You'll be able to read much more into her answer given her body language, etc.

Pretty much just echoing this reply. Texting or what have you would just come off as non-committal and could be easily misunderstood.

Okay thanks. I know, normally I do things in person but I'm out of state for the next week so that's kinda hard. I agree it can wait until I get home now that I read it back a few times and see how silly it sounds.

Like I've said before...my mind is often my own worst enemy, and yes I recognize and am trying to be better at not sabotaging things by over thinking :p.

I personally wouldn't bother with a 'talk'. Seems pretty clear to me, change in body language, investment in meeting and texting winding down and the ex is back in play with her actively chatting to him, in front of you sometimes too...

Read the signs, Banj. They don't come clearer than that. Pull back now, start hitting the dating sites again.

Flux

Try not to worry too much Banjo. A date cancelled on me yesterday and I've been sitting at home over-analyzing what I did wrong.

bluethree

Try not to worry too much Banjo. A date cancelled on me yesterday and I've been sitting at home over-analyzing what I did wrong.

it isn't always something you did wrong - life circumstances, someone she found she liked better, etc etc etc.

dating is not a video game where if you don't input the wrong combo it's a game over.

I personally wouldn't bother with a 'talk'. Seems pretty clear to me, change in body language, investment in meeting and texting winding down and the ex is back in play with her actively chatting to him, in front of you sometimes too...

Read the signs, Banj. They don't come clearer than that. Pull back now, start hitting the dating sites again.
Glad to have you back Miles...I really do read everything you write in this thread and really respect you helping people out.

I actually never really stopped looking, although when me and her started to get what I considered more serious I took a more passive stance and didn't meet other girls except for once. I have started actively using them a week ago because i noticed the change in body signs and actions :/

I actually met up with someone last night who was amazing. Great girl, lots of common, attractive, funny. Not sure if I felt the spark but I would hate to disregard her and others because of this. I know I shouldn't be this hung up on this, and I am listening and will take the advice this weekend if things don't change.

Flux

Are you at least checking out a few dating sites? Sending out messages?

Somewhat sporadically. It just happens every now and then, and yes thank you too bluethree. Something that may make it easier to understand is that I had been diagnosed with social anxiety disorder so it is hard to separate the thought.

Typing it out and hearing some of your responses helps me deal with how unreasonable I may be.

Jindrax

I'm having trouble getting back into the game.
My approach anxiety has returned with a vengeance...

Two blonds in a bar, had all my buddies rooting for me but I couldn't will myself to go over. Like I was just solidly stuck in place. I didn't used to be like this.
Same thing happened today in the library. I just keep making excuses and psyching myself out.

Any tips?

vern

Two blonds in a bar, had all my buddies rooting for me but I couldn't will myself to go over. Like I was just solidly stuck in place. I didn't used to be like this.
Same thing happened today in the library. I just keep making excuses and psyching myself out.

Any tips?

Just do it. If you get rejected it's the same result as if you don't even try. So just try. I know it sounds easy when it's put this way but... Wait a sec, it actually is easy. Good luck.

Guys question.
Do you ever get over your first real love?
It's been two years since I broke up with my ex of 4 years. And everytime I get a new girl after a few weeks /month she's in love with me but I don't feel it. I like her or whatever but I can't say I honestly love her... It's been this way for two years and I don't know how to get pass this. Help?

I felt like I needed to put my 2 cents in this one. Ok, do you ever get over your first love? Probably not, it's something real hard to forget. I mean, you're talking a person who you bonded with at a very personal and intimate level. But here's the thing about those feelings and memories you keep remembering and embracing, they're in the past man. They really are, that person you loved, they changed already and they made not be who you think they are now. Think about it, if it was meant to be, you would still be together working things out. I don't know the details of your past relationship, but that's the gist of it.

If you guys were really meant to be, you would not be here pondering this question, you would be out there with her still living life. Now, what in the world do you do with this feeling? You learn from it. Embrace it, you had something beautiful going back then, so embrace it. You both made mistakes, and you need to accept that reality. So, use this to help motivate yourself to find that feeling again, but with someone new. Love is different for everyone, it's ever changing and it evolves. So, when you meet new women, stop comparing them with your ex if you are, and compare them with a list of qualities that you like. You're never going to find someone like your ex ever again, even if you meet her again, she probably changed a lot since the breakup.

You're probably right about not being able to date right now. You're not being fair to these women by keeping your door shut from them and not letting them bond with you. So, take a few days and think about why you're still feeling like this over two years. Share it with us or with someone close to you, but really write that shit down and ponder about it. Good luck man.

Any tips?

Oh lord, it's easier said than done right? I'm in the same boat sometimes because I fear rejection. When you actually think about it, you have NOTHING to lose. So this person rejects you, so what? Maybe you dodged a bullet, maybe you didn't, but at least you tried. You can learn from it too. Maybe try a different approach next time? You're not doing yourself any good by not trying.

Also, find a little ritual to calm your anxiety down when you're in a situation like this.

jdstorm

Banned

Any tips?

Your buddies are there, ask for a wingman assist.

i had the best "date" of my life. We made super strong margaritas, bought empanadas, and walked 2 miles to this park. Weather was perfect, my dog was being awesome. We ended up sitting out there for a couple hours and talked about everything and anything. We picked up a bottle of wine and sat on my stoop with my dog chilling and talked some more. We barely crawled into my bed before we were both passed out.

best or worst part is, we think the other is an amazing human being, even though we dont work as a couple. We just enjoyed the beautiful weather and the company. Sometimes dating isnt what you want it to be but you will meet some great people along the way. I get to have another awesome person in my life even if i didnt get a great partner out of it.

i had the best "date" of my life. We made super strong margaritas, bought empanadas, and walked 2 miles to this park. Weather was perfect, my dog was being awesome. We ended up sitting out there for a couple hours and talked about everything and anything. We picked up a bottle of wine and sat on my stoop with my dog chilling and talked some more. We barely crawled into my bed before we were both passed out.

best or worst part is, we think the other is an amazing human being, even though we dont work as a couple. We just enjoyed the beautiful weather and the company. Sometimes dating isnt what you want it to be but you will meet some great people along the way. I get to have another awesome person in my life even if i didnt get a great partner out of it.
Honestly, the closest friends I've made since moving here has been through OKC and what turned into platonic dating. So much so that one that I met only 10 months ago recently furnished my whole apartment as he was last minute moving to nyc. Often you find people that have similar interests, so there's no reason to assume you can't meet lifelong friends through it. It is weird when you're in a relationship and have to explain how you met these friends.

It looks like any latent anxiety I previously had completely disappeared -- and I had one of the best weekends of my life. A Pesach seder on Friday night, where I looked sharp (thanks, $600 at J.Crew) and mingled with people -- and even made a dude friend. We stayed up 'til 5:30. Saturday was a bit of studying, then we went out with friends until 3am. The conversation both nights was incredible. Friday's concerned North Korea, REM sleep cycles, and mutated boars.

Saturday night, as a group, we talked about relationships and whether it was OK to allow your partner to flirt. My girlfriend and I were on the same page: sure, it's fine if both people agree, but we'd rather not be with anyone who says it's okay. It progressed a little from there, but this really crystallized the fact that we share the same values and desires, and it was just a good moment.

The rest of the weekend was low-key, including sleeping in, Ethiopian food, and the Game of Thrones premiere. Just, all in all, a wonderful weekend.

Honestly, the closest friends I've made since moving here has been through OKC and what turned into platonic dating. So much so that one that I met only 10 months ago recently furnished my whole apartment as he was last minute moving to nyc. Often you find people that have similar interests, so there's no reason to assume you can't meet lifelong friends through it. It is weird when you're in a relationship and have to explain how you met these friends.

Yup. One of my good friends here was clearly a better friend than romantic partner, and thankfully we both realized it before it was too late.

Went to a Meetup.com pub crawl and I think I may have met a bunch of people (we found a common interest in nightlife, books, etc.). Strongly doubt any of them will ever call me back though, I feel like a worthless human. Do I even want to find out if they will? This terrible anxiety over things like this over the years has destroyed my life.

Any tips?

You're not gonna die if you even get rejected, you'll just get to move on and be happy that you made the effort rather than wondering forever.

Jokab

Went to a Meetup.com pub crawl and I think I may have met a bunch of people (we found a common interest in nightlife, books, etc.). Strongly doubt any of them will ever call me back though, I feel like a worthless human. Do I even want to find out if they will? This terrible anxiety over things like this over the years has destroyed my life.

You should strongly consider therapy.

Seconding the therapy suggestion. Making the connection between meeting new people and being a worthless human being is a huge sign that there's something seriously wrong. It's been said before, but you're not ready for dating. You need to build yourself up first, lest you get trapped in a relationship with a huge power imbalance due to your low self worth. You're better off seeing a therapist and making your sense of self stronger first.

Wasn't even trying to date at that time, was looking for friends instead. The last therapist I went to told me "it will take time" to build a new social circle in 'real life', I didn't know it would take over 7 months at best.

Seconding the therapy suggestion. Making the connection between meeting new people and being a worthless human being is a huge sign that there's something seriously wrong. It's been said before, but you're not ready for dating. You need to build yourself up first, lest you get trapped in a relationship with a huge power imbalance due to your low self worth. You're better off seeing a therapist and making your sense of self stronger first.

I used to think therapy was bullshit and admitting a sign of weakness, where some loser Liberal Arts person would tell me why and how I, a successful professional, was a failure. That was mixed with intermittent feelings of . . .

. . . yeah, this. Not as crippling as yours, mind you, but I'll share this with the crowd: feelings of "Yeah, my ex-wife can do better than me. Why isn't she dating a doctor?" tanked my marriage. It's important to have an objective conception of our self-worth; but it's also important to have self-worth in the first place. What's odd is that our brain compartmentalizes! For instance, I was perfectly confident in professional settings. Even with friends. The doubt crept into romantic situations and bludgeoned me over the head. It's undeniable that we, as social animals, derive value and pleasure from finding our place within bands of other humans.

I haven't undergone formal therapy yet, but my previous girlfriend was a clinical psychology Ph.D. student, and through our talks, I realized that it's neither confrontational nor exploitative. It's just someone trained in human nature guiding us along the path of making our own decisions. Sometimes our map (i.e. brain) doesn't work correctly, and those are more severe cases; however, I can offer you this much: I was walking to a job interview a few weeks ago and started to feel nervous. Asking myself internally, "Why are you anxious?" actually helped. This may sound laughably simple, but it goes to the core of what others are saying: the worst case scenario is that you didn't click with some people, which puts you exactly in the situation you are right now.

Also, 7 months isn't a long time. In nearly two years of being in the city, I can honestly say that I have a handful of really good friends, one of whom is moving away (and always busy with his boyfriend) soon. Building and strengthening social circles is a lifelong thing. Finding friends, at least for me, is much harder than finding a date. Keep at it. Things will eventually settle into place there, but I won't lie and tell you it's easy, unless you slot nicely into a preexisting friend group, which rarely happens.

Best of luck to you. You'll get there.

Also, 7 months isn't a long time. In nearly two years of being in the city, I can honestly say that I have a handful of really good friends, one of whom is moving away (and always busy with his boyfriend) soon. Building and strengthening social circles is a lifelong thing. Finding friends, at least for me, is much harder than finding a date. Keep at it. Things will eventually settle into place there, but I won't lie and tell you it's easy, unless you slot nicely into a preexisting friend group, which rarely happens.

Best of luck to you. You'll get there.

Try traveling around full time, bro. Making friends isn't easy, that's why I'm always on Gaf. Then again, I have a group back home who I keep in touch with and I try to meet new people in each new place I visit. Also I date rather frequently while traveling, which passes the time :)

Leeness

What's odd is that our brain compartmentalizes! For instance, I was perfectly confident in professional settings. Even with friends. The doubt crept into romantic situations and bludgeoned me over the head.

Definitely. It's weird, like, I'm fairly happy, feel confident at my job (most days), think I'm a pretty decent person... But holy shit I am so ugly I can barely stand to look at myself and that doesn't seem to be fixable. I've been through years of therapy for various things and most, I've gotten through them, but the looks thing? Never.

And I guess the inability to connect to another human being on a more intimate level than surface friends (I have one girlfriend that I talk to where we both talk about our anxieties and how crazy we are, but otherwise, nope). But that's for another time. Hahaha.

I hope you go do some formal therapy--sometimes it just helps to talk to an outside party. Which is probably why I air my anxieties and problems on GAF a lot--outside parties who don't know me.
I'M SORRY.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
What's up?!

Alright, so a few weeks ago, I met another girl on campus and she into the things I'm into (anime/cosplay/etc). Yay! Anyway, she's kinda cool and stuff but um she said she's bi. Which is fine. However she's more comfortable around other chicks. Not that she's uncomfortable around me or other guys she knows, it's just that it doesn't feel awkward for her to hug another girl. She's also a virgin too. (like she'll blush if you touch her.) Is this one of those "Just ask her out already but be careful" or "Move on and be just friends"? I don't feel awkward speaking to her since we're both awkward.

How'd I do, Zackie?

EDIT: I visited a University and Atlanta the other weekend and I realized the kind of options I had.

theecakee

I went on two dates with a girl, it was kind of out of the blue really...first date went well asked her to go on a second date.

Second date she talked quite a lot, a little too much and a little too much about herself. Like at one point she just kept going on and on about her workplace drama asking my opinion...it was weird.

I'm not really sure, this really put me off..and plus we don't really have much in common...but I'm not sure if I am being too critical and maybe she was just nervous and talks a lot when she is nervous.

Any input?

I went on two dates with a girl, it was kind of out of the blue really...first date went well asked her to go on a second date.

Second date she talked quite a lot, a little too much and a little too much about herself. Like at one point she just kept going on and on about her workplace drama asking my opinion...it was weird.

I'm not really sure, this really put me off..and plus we don't really have much in common...but I'm not sure if I am being too critical and maybe she was just nervous and talks a lot when she is nervous.

Any input?

Having things in common doesn't matter, long-term. What matters are shared morals and values. Do you want to see this girl again? You can't know anyone beyond a superficial level after only two dates, by the way.

Definitely. It's weird, like, I'm fairly happy, feel confident at my job (most days), think I'm a pretty decent person... But holy shit I am so ugly I can barely stand to look at myself and that doesn't seem to be fixable. I've been through years of therapy for various things and most, I've gotten through them, but the looks thing? Never.

Have you ever interrogated yourself on why you deem yourself to be ugly? I know it's not based on external factors because you've been calling yourself ugly here for years while everyone disagrees. Even if you ever got a boyfriend, that self-loathing wouldn't go away as you'd be constantly doubting why that person got with you. There's nothing wrong with having some pride and ego in yourself to consider yourself attractive, to go into the mirror and say "Yeah actually, I'm all that".

I get that it's a harder sell for women to love their image when a whole industry has been built around focusing on fixing "imperfections" so that people have been conditioned to take for granted on their looks. I know it's corny but the "You're more beautiful than you think" sketch video is inspiring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=litXW91UauE

Deep down, I don't believe you think of yourself as so ugly because you've used a real picture of yourself as an avatar for a while so there is some modicum of satisfaction for your appearance enough to be ok with posting your face here. That's a pretty big step, compared to people here who consider themselves ugly and could never imagine posting a picture of themselves.

jdstorm

Banned

And I guess the inability to connect to another human being on a more intimate level than surface friends (I have one girlfriend that I talk to where we both talk about our anxieties and how crazy we are, but otherwise, nope). But that's for another time. Hahaha.

I hope you go do some formal therapy--sometimes it just helps to talk to an outside party. Which is probably why I air my anxieties and problems on GAF a lot--outside parties who don't know me.
I'M SORRY.

Sorry in advance for the overshare.

When it comes to feeling ugly. I've definitely been there. There are some horrible photos of me with a head full of blonde streaks as a 16 year old that are evidence of that. I hated how I looked so I drastically changed my hair, in hindsight it was a giant mistake and I looked incredibly stupid, but at the time it allowed me to face the world with confidence. So I thought I looked awesome. Quite a few years of growing up later and now I'm quite confident in how I look.

It takes time, but it's in my oppinon much easier then overcoming any social anxiety
Still very much working on that

I'M SORRY.

Sorry in advance for the overshare.

When it comes to feeling ugly. I've definitely been there. There are some horrible photos of me with a head full of blonde streaks as a 16 year old that are evidence of that. I hated how I looked so I drastically changed my hair, in hindsight it was a giant mistake and I looked incredibly stupid, but at the time it allowed me to face the world with confidence. So I thought I looked awesome. Quite a few years of growing up later and now I'm quite confident in how I look.

It takes time, but it's in my oppinon much easier then overcoming any social anxiety
Still very much working on that

Yeah, I agree with this. I will share a small thumbnail of how I looked in 6th grade. I was fat, pimply and just generally ugly. I carried that image of ugliness with me for at least a decade, if not longer. Couldn't look at people, had horrible self-image issues, always thought I was fat, etc.

Sometimes it takes time to get out of that rut. Sometimes therapy. Sometimes going out and dating a lot of people. Coming back from hating your visage is really rough, but it's something we all need to work on. I guarantee that 99% of the people who think they are ugly (and you in particular Leeness) are not ugly at all. But peers are assholes sometimes, significant others are assholes sometimes, and people in general are assholes, so they make you feel like shit about yourself to feel better about themselves. Fuck that. We're all beautiful!

What's up?!

Alright, so a few weeks ago, I met another girl on campus and she into the things I'm into (anime/cosplay/etc). Yay! Anyway, she's kinda cool and stuff but um she said she's bi. Which is fine. However she's more comfortable around other chicks. Not that she's uncomfortable around me or other guys she knows, it's just that it doesn't feel awkward for her to hug another girl. She's also a virgin too. (like she'll blush if you touch her.) Is this one of those "Just ask her out already but be careful" or "Move on and be just friends"? I don't feel awkward speaking to her since we're both awkward.

How'd I do, Zackie?

EDIT: I visited a University and Atlanta the other weekend and I realized the kind of options I had.

Good job bro. Nice detailed post! (except that Edit is super vague again :p)

It's hard to tell what to do, since you've apparently broached into sex talk territory and it still isn't clear whether she's into you. So you need to look into yourself - do YOU want to date this girl, or just be friends? If you want to date her, ask her for a date. Otherwise you'll never be quite satisfied. Don't make this like one of my Japanese animes.

Glad to have you back Miles...I really do read everything you write in this thread and really respect you helping people out.

I actually never really stopped looking, although when me and her started to get what I considered more serious I took a more passive stance and didn't meet other girls except for once. I have started actively using them a week ago because i noticed the change in body signs and actions :/

I actually met up with someone last night who was amazing. Great girl, lots of common, attractive, funny. Not sure if I felt the spark but I would hate to disregard her and others because of this. I know I shouldn't be this hung up on this, and I am listening and will take the advice this weekend if things don't change.

Good to hear you never really stopped. This is exactly how dating should be approached until you've both sat down and discussed how serious the relationship is.

And don't worry about getting hung up on something, so long as you see you are and make efforts to pull yourself away from that situation, which is exactly what you're doing. It sucks that this happened, but there's someone better out there for you, Banj. Just have to find them...

Somewhat sporadically. It just happens every now and then, and yes thank you too bluethree. Something that may make it easier to understand is that I had been diagnosed with social anxiety disorder so it is hard to separate the thought.

Typing it out and hearing some of your responses helps me deal with how unreasonable I may be.

Just keep at it. Your anxiety might make it harder but remember no replies or dates not going well isn't personal. It's just how things go.

Having things in common doesn't matter, long-term. What matters are shared morals and values. Do you want to see this girl again? You can't know anyone beyond a superficial level after only two dates, by the way.

I've done the whole focus only on shared morals and values before, doesn't work out nearly as well as you'd think.

Still, I can't say it's not good advice but having some things in common is important to get you through the lulls that happen in every relationship. If you both love doing the same thing, it can be used to bring you closer together rather than both going your own way which can come with a whole host of problems...

Jokab

Any input?

I went on five dates with a girl that was exactly like this - she just talked so much and at times even cut me off to talk about something else. Having conversations with her was a chore because I always had to be ready to pick my spots to interject with something before she went at it again. At first I thought it was just nerves, but it became increasingly clear that it was just the way she was. I'd say you should go on more dates if you want to give it a shot, but be prepared to find out that she just talks a lot and that's the way she is.

Have you ever interrogated yourself on why you deem yourself to be ugly? I know it's not based on external factors because you've been calling yourself ugly here for years while everyone disagrees. Even if you ever got a boyfriend, that self-loathing wouldn't go away as you'd be constantly doubting why that person got with you. There's nothing wrong with having some pride and ego in yourself to consider yourself attractive, to go into the mirror and say "Yeah actually, I'm all that".

I get that it's a harder sell for women to love their image when a whole industry has been built around focusing on fixing "imperfections" so that people have been conditioned to take for granted on their looks. I know it's corny but the "You're more beautiful than you think" sketch video is inspiring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=litXW91UauE

Deep down, I don't believe you think of yourself as so ugly because you've used a real picture of yourself as an avatar for a while so there is some modicum of satisfaction for your appearance enough to be ok with posting your face here. That's a pretty big step, compared to people here who consider themselves ugly and could never imagine posting a picture of themselves.

You pretty much said everything I was trying to say last night (but backspaces because I wasn't being clear enough) perfectly.

Honestly moving our of my parent's house and moving to an entirely new city would help a lot. I'm doing a part time masters in another city in September, which hopefully will be a catalyst for change.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Good job bro. Nice detailed post! (except that Edit is super vague again :p)

It's hard to tell what to do, since you've apparently broached into sex talk territory and it still isn't clear whether she's into you. So you need to look into yourself - do YOU want to date this girl, or just be friends? If you want to date her, ask her for a date. Otherwise you'll never be quite satisfied. Don't make this like one of my Japanese animes.

lol. She basically knows I'm into her at this point. Since we'll be in the city at the end of next month,(Because of a anime convention) perhaps we could go to some restaurant, y'know? Anyway, I'm interested in her, but don't mind being just friends with her either. But I'm graduating too so I feel like I'm putting all this unnecessary pressure too. Nevermind the fact that my grandma asked me if I was gay since I never had a girlfriend. sheesh

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I don't like when girls message first on Tinder. I don't ever know what to say. I like beginning the conversation, not replying to someone that says "hey"

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
I can count on one hand the amount of women that have messaged first with something other than 'hey'. Very lazy!

That said, one said my beard game was strong so, not all bad.

A friend of mine sends back 'not good enough' if he gets a simple hey. It's surprisingly effective in getting a proper response.

I would have thought they'd just unmatch and move on, but the need for validation is strong for some people...

So pretend she didn't start it?

This. You can still use whatever opener or greeting you were going to use originally if she didn't say "hey." I honestly prefer when they message me first - because from my personal experience, it usually signifies more potential interest from the get-go, resulting in a higher chance of actually meeting up.

I accidentally made a really good connection through an initial fuck up. I was new to the area so i was running through all the profiles. Got a good amount of matches. Of course most never respond because they likely just want to see how many men picked them. Anyways, I had a nice little message and I copied and pasted it to several women. I accidentally forgot to change the name on one and a girl called me out. We joked about it for a bit and i told her I would move on as I cant rebound from that mistake. She called me a quitter and we have been chatting for days. Already getting sexy photos and whatnot.we are going to see Amy Schumer in a couple days. She probably isn't the next love of my life but she is funny as shit and likes to show off her body. That is a friend I will hapilly accept.

Also the laziest thing on Tinder is not just saying hi. It is for you to write a nice original message and for them to like said message and not reply. Fuck that.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I can count on one hand the amount of women that have messaged first with something other than 'hey'. Very lazy!

That said, one said my beard game was strong so, not all bad.

I only have received one word lengths as first messages. Hello, Hi, Hey. It's like they're showing that they don't need to put in as much effort. lol

A friend of mine sends back 'not good enough' if he gets a simple hey. It's surprisingly effective in getting a proper response.

I would have thought they'd just unmatch and move on, but the need for validation is strong for some people...

This is exactly what I'm going to do. Sounds like a good idea. I might throw an emoji on it because that sounds kinda mean tho.

This. You can still use whatever opener or greeting you were going to use originally if she didn't say "hey." I honestly prefer when they message me first - because from my personal experience, it usually signifies more potential interest from the get-go, resulting in a higher chance of actually meeting up.

Yeah, you right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom