• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating-Age |OT5| Halp me pls. In the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral

Good job. You knew what you were doing was wrong and was poisoning your heart and you stopped and made the healthy choice.

Just remember this: in this life, we all come to these painful moments. And then, time moves on, it moves forward, and you with it, and one day the tides of time carry you to a point where you look back and you barely remember this distant pain... and it doesn't seem so important anymore because everything has changed, and you will have changed too.

That was very poetic lol, but you're right. Thanks. Right now I mostly feel relief, like a huge weight has been lifted. I no longer feel the need to go on snapchat and see if she has a story up just to see how happy she is without me. The way she handled me blocking her was also so bratty that I'm just kinda appalled. Maybe that's too strong a word but you know what I mean. Even after I gave her a legitimate explanation she throws a small tantrum. I'll probably be sad before bed and later on but tonight I'm going out with a couple of friends and enjoying myself.

You know what pisses me off? My 20 year old sister dating some 40 year old man. She's only in it for the money. Mr. Rich is buying her a car even though she already has one.

This is just funny lol.

vern

Would you rather her be in it for the old man dong?

I'm sure she's in it for that too. As with anything else in life, more experience is a good thing.

Why date a 20 year old broke college student that can't make her orgasm when she can get a dude that'll buy her a car and knows how to lay the pipe?

Congrats to your sister, n.domixis, she's got life figured out ahead of schedule.

Am I weird for expecting people to explain something?

Like I just had a conversation with one girl, she sent a picture of her computer and I noticed something on the keys and asked what they were. She said they're decals, I said oh, are they of something? Then the conversation does with her just saying "yes". Like is it not clear that if I'm asking if it's from something that if it is you articulate what it's from? It feels like I'm forcefully pulling information from some people when I talk to them. Curious if my expectation is weird or them killing the conversation is.

The bottom line is people dont want to text a fuck ton unless they are 100% into you. It probably just seemed like idle chit-chat that was wasting her time. It feels clingy. And yes, all of this is fucking stupid.

We're playing the dating game, gotta play hard to get/act like you dont care until you're in a committed relationship or theres an obvious spark of romance.

The bottom line is people dont want to text a fuck ton unless they are 100% into you. It probably just seemed like idle chit-chat that was wasting her time. It feels clingy. And yes, all of this is fucking stupid.

We're playing the dating game, gotta play hard to get/act like you dont care until you're in a committed relationship or theres an obvious spark of romance.

:lol Slow your roll bro, it's not clingy because I asked about something I saw in a picture she sent me. Holy over-analyzing batman.

Mory Dunz

If she took a picture, sent it, just to show netflix was down (lol), it seems like idle chat was already the course of the day...

Madrin

Am I weird for expecting people to explain something?

Like I just had a conversation with one girl, she sent a picture of her computer and I noticed something on the keys and asked what they were. She said they're decals, I said oh, are they of something? Then the conversation does with her just saying "yes". Like is it not clear that if I'm asking if it's from something that if it is you articulate what it's from? It feels like I'm forcefully pulling information from some people when I talk to them. Curious if my expectation is weird or them killing the conversation is.

She's either bad at text conversation or thought it was a boring topic that didn't deserve more than a "yes." Have you met this girl in person yet? I recently went out with two different girls from OKC who were really boring and terse over text but super talkative in person. Some people don't view texting as a medium for having real conversations.

Soriku

Hey guys, there's a new girl at work that I like. She's a hostess, I'm a waiter. We just started working together today and she was pretty friendly/open/talkative to me immediately and pretty much the whole time. During the day I asked her if she had a Facebook, she said yes and directed me to her profile. She hasn't added me yet but I don't think she's that active on Facebook so no biggie.

I should be seeing her Monday or Tuesday then the rest of the week, and I wanted to ask for her number over the next day or two I see her. Assuming she isn't interested, I'm not the dramatic type or anything so I wouldn't be making it awkward between us. I can't say for certain how she'd see things, but she seems pretty lax...

Was thinking of asking her out to coffee or lunch via text (taking it a bit slow), is that a good idea or should I just ask her if she's interested in that directly in person? My biggest concern is that I don't have my own car, but my parents have two cars and at least one is completely freed up from like 2 or 3 PM till the rest of the day. The other one varies depending on morning events. She's supposed to be working full time, so it's a mystery as to how our free time schedules would intersect atm.

Also any particular suggestions?

Interesting to see Tinder has a feature to match up with a group of friends now (usually all girls). I don't get anywhere using it so that doesn't even matter.

gaiages

Banned
You know what pisses me off? My 20 year old sister dating some 40 year old man. She's only in it for the money. Mr. Rich is buying her a car even though she already has one.

Are you mad because there's something wrong with the dude, or just mad he's buying your sister a car and you don't have a cougar that's doing the same for you?

Hey guys, there's a new girl at work that I like. She's a hostess, I'm a waiter. We just started working together today and she was pretty friendly/open/talkative to me immediately and pretty much the whole time. During the day I asked her if she had a Facebook, she said yes and directed me to her profile. She hasn't added me yet but I don't think she's that active on Facebook so no biggie.

I should be seeing her Monday or Tuesday then the rest of the week, and I wanted to ask for her number over the next day or two I see her. Assuming she isn't interested, I'm not the dramatic type or anything so I wouldn't be making it awkward between us. I can't say for certain how she'd see things, but she seems pretty lax...

Was thinking of asking her out to coffee or lunch via text (taking it a bit slow), is that a good idea or should I just ask her if she's interested in that directly in person? My biggest concern is that I don't have my own car, but my parents have two cars and at least one is completely freed up from like 2 or 3 PM till the rest of the day. The other one varies depending on morning events. She's supposed to be working full time, so it's a mystery as to how our free time schedules would intersect atm.

Also any particular suggestions?

Dating coworkers is generally not a good idea. Did you or her just start working there? If so, that might lead to others having... certain impressions of you, and I've found in most work places, causing drama/talking about shit is the order of the day, every day.

Either way, you prolly shouldn't ask her at work itself, so I think a text is fine, provided you actually want to go this route. Just make it obvious it's a date. Like say the word 'date' in the text.

Really have to cut all contact with an ex. Randomly starting talking again does nothing and just makes me feel like crap. Feels hard doing it again too, frustrating to deal with again.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Folks, if you're tall I can only recommend everyone to go to the gym and grow longer hair (shoulder long). This week alone I've been hit on by multiple girls and it does feel kinda weird because this is very unusual in the area where I live.

Yesterday evening I've been eying this really hot girl and she me back (chemistry was crazy cause there was this one guy hitting on her midway through and she looked me straight in the eyes while he was talking to her, lol). After an hour or 2 she actually comes up to me and tells me I'm totally hot. I've never had this before and was kinda stunned (I mean, she was really good looking), so I wasn't even able to do proper conversation. Anyway, we exchange numbers and she leaves to another club. She did ask me to come alone but I brushed it off cause I didn't want to ditch my friends.

I've wrote her a message today which she did not reply to yet and probably won't, but that's ok.

But this whole thing really got me thinking. Given how this was going it was pretty much a safe thing for me yesterday. It wouldn't say I blew it because this superficial club thing is not really what I am looking for. Or am I? I'm kinda torn. Deep down in my heart I know I just want to find a nice girl I can truly fall in love with and not charm a hot girl only to get laid.

Bottom line: Am I an idiot?

€dit: Ups, just wrote back. Guess I'm in again. >)

Jhoan

Folks, if you're tall I can only recommend everyone to go to the gym and grow longer hair (shoulder long). This week alone I've been hit on by multiple girls and it does feel kinda weird because this is very unusual in the area where I live.

Yesterday evening I've been eying this really hot girl and she me back (chemistry was crazy cause there was this one guy hitting on her midway through and she looked me straight in the eyes while he was talking to her, lol). After an hour or 2 she actually comes up to me and tells me I'm totally hot. I've never had this before and was kinda stunned (I mean, she was really good looking), so I wasn't even able to do proper conversation. Anyway, we exchange numbers and she leaves to another club. She did ask me to come alone but I brushed it off cause I didn't want to ditch my friends.

I've wrote her a message today which she did not reply to yet and probably won't, but that's ok.

But this whole thing really got me thinking. Given how this was going it was pretty much a safe thing for me yesterday. It wouldn't say I blew it because this superficial club thing is not really what I am looking for. Or am I? I'm kinda torn. Deep down in my heart I know I just want to find a nice girl I can truly fall in love with and not charm a hot girl only to get laid.

Bottom line: Am I an idiot?

€dit: Ups, just wrote back. Guess I'm in again. >)

As a tall dude with long, curly hair, I get complimented on my hair in the streets all the time. It's been helping me land dates as a result. My mom laughed when I told her this since she wants me to take a haircut and believes that girls don't like guys with long hair. The downside of having long, curly hair is that it gets tangled and frizzy easily so it requires maintenance but I can't complain. Although screw the humidity since that's the bane of my existence and long showers spent untangling it. I'm going to invest in some satin pillowcases next month so I don't get pillow hair. I might consider trimming it down by a few inches next month.

Cross-posted from the Online Dating thread:
Jhoan said:
So to summarize my final week in July's dates:

-Monday: Made out with Asian girl which was a really fun date. Followed up with her a few days later asking to hang out again but she said she was getting back with her ex. Wished each other the best and moved on.
-Wednesday: A pigeon pooped on the table I was sitting while on date with slide girl which was funny and one I will tell in the future to friends. Chemistry was there but when I followed up with her she cited distance being an issue. Wished each other the best and moved on.
-Thursday: A failed attempt to go art gallery hopping led to going to a bar with Puerto Rican-Irish girl. As chatty as she was via text, in person I found her to be quite boring and was struggling to act interested in conversation at the bar. It didn't help that I was annoyed that it took me roughly 30 minutes to find her at the park were supposed to meet up at. I followed up with her and she said she said she didn't feel feel it to which I agreed and suggested platonic friends. She agreed.
-Friday: Dietician girl was physically attractive but ditzy and struck me as being a typical 9-5 drone who was into traveling, going out with roommates, and was Snapchatting her brother every now and then. I had mixed feelings about her throughout the date since we didn't have much if anything in common. Awkwardly kissed her at the end as an afterthought which was meh. Followed up with her yesterday and she said she didn't feel any chemistry but wants to hang out as friends. I haven't responded to her yet but my draft text basically says that I agree about not feeling much chemistry as well and would be cool with that. I don't expect to replace her dearest BFF but I can learn something new about myself so screw it.
-Saturday: Hovering picture girl date was me at my C game on account of being 40 minutes late. The girl was nice and I thanked her for the paying for the drinks but I wasn't into it so I won't contact her again.

Looking back on July, I grew a lot as a person. I realized that I do have the confidence to make out with girls and need to overthink things a lot less. I also learned that I'm not attracted to shy girls at all and need to arrive to my dates early if not on time as well as try not to be super eager to talk about myself. I'm still on a dry spell but I'm not worried about that at all.

Dates have gotten super easy for me to land these days so it's a matter of just keeping the ball rolling and making plans for a second date if the prior date went well. I'm looking forward to more success stories as well more stories of struggles going into next month since we're all in it together. Most importantly, have fun with it, and don't complain about spending $6. ;)

Jhoan

Damn I wish I could grow nice hair. :(

Pshh! You're a damn good digital painter/artist with good artist discipline which is more than this lazy artist who sketches people in public can say. I'm taking a few steps back on showing off my sketchbook on dates going forward. Wanna trade? Although I sometimes ask myself how much less dates/messages I would get if I were to take a haircut and rock a faux hawk which was my go-to short hairstyle. I seem to recall not getting quite as many dates as I have with long hair during my short hair days.

I'm sure there's plenty of ladies in Austin who love tall, bald dudes so I'm sure you're bound to get matched up with some sooner or later. Just ask ZackieChan. ;)

Madrin

For the first time I'm in a position where I have to turn down women. I recently had two first dates that I wasn't enthusiastic about and both women have been messaging me since. I told one of them last week that I was sick and taking it easy for a few days, which was true, and she's messaged me every single day asking if I'm better yet and ready to meet up again.

In the past I've always been the one who was turned down or ghosted on, so this is new for me. I've been trying come up with a message that lets them down gently but I feel shitty no matter how I word it. I can see now why so many women choose to ghost instead of going through the awkwardness of verbally ending things

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
As a tall dude with long, curly hair, I get complimented on my hair in the streets all the time. It's been helping me land dates as a result. My mom laughed when I told her this since she wants me to take a haircut and believes that girls don't like guys with long hair. The downside of having long, curly hair is that it gets tangled and frizzy easily so it requires maintenance but I can't complain. Although screw the humidity since that's the bane of my existence and long showers spent untangling it. I'm going to invest in some satin pillowcases next month so I don't get pillow hair. I might consider trimming it down by a few inches next month.
Tell me about it man. My mates from work have been laughing at me for my, as they called it, girly habits when I told them how much I have to maintain my hair with special shampoo, conditioner and everything. Well, jokes on them I guess. :)
Still have to let them grow a month or two until I can finally go to the barber to do them properly. Going for that Johnny Depp look:

Johnny-Depp-450.jpg

Wouldn't even care if girls like it or not, I think this look is bloody cool.

Can't believe it took me until I hit 30 to finally grow my hair. Wanted to since I was a teen.

Learn from my mistakes GAF: If you can do it...

giphy.gif

I've wanted to do long hair but then when I grow it out I remember that I don't have the discipline to take care of it. Plus it's all wavy and curly and stuff so it's tough to control.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I've wanted to do long hair but then when I grow it out I remember that I don't have the discipline to take care of it. Plus it's all wavy and curly and stuff so it's tough to control.
Mine is wavy and curly too, don't let this unsettle you. There are enough products to straighten them out a bit.

I don't want to sugarcoat it for you, there are a few months that are pretty rough in between when the hair is neither short nor long. But once you're over the hill, it's amazing. Yeah, you need to put more effort in it, naturally. But it's worth it. It looks amazing and women are all over it, it's insane.

Mine is wavy and curly too, don't let this unsettle you. There are enough products to straighten them out a bit.

I don't want to sugarcoat it for you, there are a few months that are pretty rough in between when the hair is neither short nor long. But once you're over the hill, it's amazing. Yeah, you need to put more effort in it, naturally. But it's worth it. It looks amazing and women are all over it, it's insane.

God damn you XD

Okay, any hair cutting/styling advice for those awful in-between months?

Servbot24

Banned
Pshh! You're a damn good digital painter/artist with good artist discipline which is more than this lazy artist who sketches people in public can say. I'm taking a few steps back on showing off my sketchbook on dates going forward. Wanna trade? Although I sometimes ask myself how much less dates/messages I would get if I were to take a haircut and rock a faux hawk which was my go-to short hairstyle. I seem to recall not getting quite as many dates as I have with long hair during my short hair days.

I'm sure there's plenty of ladies in Austin who love tall, bald dudes so I'm sure you're bound to get matched up with some sooner or later. Just ask ZackieChan. ;)

Appreciate it, though the artist discipline is usually why people break up with me :p

that's cool though, making stuff is better than dating

(Cross posting from my heart)

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
God damn you XD

Okay, any hair cutting/styling advice for those awful in-between months?
Just use whatever you can find. Wax, gel.... It's really difficult to do anything with them when they're in this transition stage, especially when your hair are curly. Just do you're best to not look like a complete retard. xD
That's what my hairdresser told me when I asked her. You usually have to cut them a little bit every few weeks to straighten them out but unfortunately you are not allowed to do that when they don't have the length you want. So really all you can do is to make the best of it until you can start binding them. Then it gets a lot easier.

Remember, the shame is temporary, the glory afterwards eternal. haha

Well, until you start to loose them if you have bad luck. *starts praying*

Kieli

For the first time I'm in a position where I have to turn down women. I recently had two first dates that I wasn't enthusiastic about and both women have been messaging me since. I told one of them last week that I was sick and taking it easy for a few days, which was true, and she's messaged me every single day asking if I'm better yet and ready to meet up again.

In the past I've always been the one who was turned down or ghosted on, so this is new for me. I've been trying come up with a message that lets them down gently but I feel shitty no matter how I word it. I can see now why so many women choose to ghost instead of going through the awkwardness of verbally ending things

Say you didn't feel chemistry and wish them the best of luck. If you are ok with platonic friendship, you can suggest that as well (I personally wouldn't).

Okay dudes (and ladies!!), so I'm out of shape but I don't want to be. Lots of girls around here hike, supposedly, so I figured I'd try some of that.

What is "fashionable" to hike in when it's hot outside? Anybody got style tips?

Just use whatever you can find. Wax, gel.... It's really difficult to do anything with them when they're in this transition stage, especially when your hair are curly. Just do you're best to not look like a complete retard. xD
That's what my hairdresser told me when I asked her. You usually have to cut them a little bit every few weeks to straighten them out but unfortunately you are not allowed to do that when they don't have the length you want. So really all you can do is to make the best of it until you can start binding them. Then it gets a lot easier.

Remember, the shame is temporary, the glory afterwards eternal. haha

Well, until you start to loose them if you have bad luck. *starts praying*

Haha, you've hit on the other component, which is the financial cost! Now that I've got a steady job again I can consider it. Short hair is low-cost and low-maintenance :p

gaiages

Banned
Okay dudes (and ladies!!), so I'm out of shape but I don't want to be. Lots of girls around here hike, supposedly, so I figured I'd try some of that.

Haha, you've hit on the other component, which is the financial cost! Now that I've got a steady job again I can consider it. Short hair is low-cost and low-maintenance :p

Where exactly do you live, and how out of shape are you? Some places (like my area) aren't really the best to hike in during the summer, the heat and humidity is no joke. Besides, you don't have to take on the most popular interest and adopt it... if you want to get in shape, do something you actually want to do. If hiking is it, good! Just make sure to research trails and figure out your own tolerances to heat and cold.

When I go out for walks, I have to basically wear leggings and a tank, or else I run the risk of chaffed thighs and heat exhaustion. I don't think style in hiking (or working out in general) is as important as making sure you're not holding yourself back by wearing heavy clothing or whatever.

I don't hike so I don't have specific recommendations, sorry.

Tell me about it man. My mates from work have been laughing at me for my, as they called it, girly habits when I told them how much I have to maintain my hair with special shampoo, conditioner and everything. Well, jokes on them I guess. :)
Still have to let them grow a month or two until I can finally go to the barber to do them properly. Going for that Johnny Depp look:

Johnny-Depp-450.jpg

If you have a face that good looking, I'm sure you can pull it off :)

Where exactly do you live, and how out of shape are you? Some places (like my area) aren't really the best to hike in during the summer, the heat and humidity is no joke. Besides, you don't have to take on the most popular interest and adopt it... if you want to get in shape, do something you actually want to do. If hiking is it, good! Just make sure to research trails and figure out your own tolerances to heat and cold.

When I go out for walks, I have to basically wear leggings and a tank, or else I run the risk of chaffed thighs and heat exhaustion. I don't think style in hiking (or working out in general) is as important as making sure you're not holding yourself back by wearing heavy clothing or whatever.

I don't hike so I don't have specific recommendations, sorry.

Portland, OR area. The weather isn't usually especially hot, although it has been kind of this summer. I'm used to hotter though, being from SoCal. That said I'll probably enjoy it a lot more in the non-summer months. I really don't enjoy the heat.

I'm pretty out of shape. I would like to lose like 50 pounds overall tbh. (I'm 5'10", 230 or so.) But now that I've finally got my depression under control I want to do something about it, not only for myself but also so I don't feel so self-conscious all the time. Which is partly why I'm asking about exercise fashion, as I'd be far more likely to actually do this stuff if I didn't think I looked like a huge dork while doing it.

And hiking sounds fine, honestly. The PNW has pretty outdoors. The main thing for me is I don't want to be stuck in a gym, as I hate them. The main thing is I like to have something engaging my mind while I'm exercising so that it's fun. Ideally I'd be playing some kind of sport but I think I need to work back up to that.

gaiages

Banned
^ Okay, that isn't too bad. I live in FL, where the humidity is killer, so I always wanna make sure no one is killing themselves in the summer D:

I still don't have any advice on the fashion itself, though, I'm pretty fashion bleh overall (not bad looking imo, but I stick to boring stuff lol), so I dunno what's 'in' for hiking exercise, especially for men. Women are all about the leggings right now, lol.

---

By the way peoples, still looking for online resources and book suggestions for the new OT. I'm about to go scour posts from like... 300 onward to check to make sure I got the common questions asked and whatnot, but help with that is always appreciated :D

Salamando

Portland, OR area. The weather isn't usually especially hot, although it has been kind of this summer. I'm used to hotter though, being from SoCal. That said I'll probably enjoy it a lot more in the non-summer months. I really don't enjoy the heat.

I'm pretty out of shape. I would like to lose like 50 pounds overall tbh. (I'm 5'10", 230 or so.) But now that I've finally got my depression under control I want to do something about it, not only for myself but also so I don't feel so self-conscious all the time. Which is partly why I'm asking about exercise fashion, as I'd be far more likely to actually do this stuff if I didn't think I looked like a huge dork while doing it.

And hiking sounds fine, honestly. The PNW has pretty outdoors. The main thing for me is I don't want to be stuck in a gym, as I hate them. The main thing is I like to have something engaging my mind while I'm exercising so that it's fun. Ideally I'd be playing some kind of sport but I think I need to work back up to that.

Losing weight - a good diet is mandatory. Exercise helps, but you need a lot of it to lose just a pound. In some people light exercise even hurts the weightloss process, as they overestimate calories burned for their "reward" meal. What do you hate about the gym? Does it go back to the self-consciousness?

Engaging your mind - Podcasts, audiobooks, standup comedy. Load 'em on your phone, run/walk/hike/whatever.

"Exercise fashion" - If you're hiking off-trail, it's less about fashion and more about practicality. Sturdy boots, jeans, and a tshirt work well. If you're on a trail, just wear something that lets your skin breathe.

Hey guys, I was celebrating my birthday last night and was introduced to this girl. We kinda hit it off and started making out for about a half hour and after getting her number she left home with some friends. I sent her a text pretty soon after just saying I hope she got home safely. She didn't reply to it though. Wondering what's my next move here, should I just ask her out even though she didn't reply to my previous text?
It's been less than 24 hours since you sent the text. Wait a day or two, send another one, and move on if she doesn't reply.

Kopite

Hey guys, I was celebrating my birthday last night and was introduced to this girl. We kinda hit it off and started making out for about a half hour and after getting her number she left home with some friends. I sent her a text pretty soon after just saying I hope she got home safely. She didn't reply to it though. Wondering what's my next move here, should I just ask her out even though she didn't reply to my previous text?

Amagon

If she is interested, she'll get in touch with you.

Mory Dunz

nope.

She would at least say "thanks" or something to keep communication up, if she wanted to.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Just get used to it that it takes women so fucking long to reply. Don't try to understand it because it's not possible. It's like some elaborate conspiracy amung women to not seem to easy at first.

Jhoan

Wouldn't even care if girls like it or not, I think this look is bloody cool.

Can't believe it took me until I hit 30 to finally grow my hair. Wanted to since I was a teen.

Learn from my mistakes GAF: If you can do it...
Reggie Watts is my spirit animal. I don't know how he keeps his beautiful mane of hair so well maintained aside from having more than enough money to afford a hair care team and a beard grooming team:

And I find myself using shampoo/conditioners that are sulfate free and/or treat frizzy hair since my hair turns into Reggie Watts' hair if left unwashed and dry for a few days. This stuff is pretty damn solid for curly hair:

Appreciate it, though the artist discipline is usually why people break up with me :p

that's cool though, making stuff is better than dating
Hahahaha, exactly! You're doing what you're passionate about so it's either you end up meeting someone who puts up with it or a fellow artist who totally understands it. Once the artist focus starts, it's hard to stop. An artist knows when to stop as the saying goes.
(Cross posting from my heart)

Reading your posts with Pooh's voice in my mind makes your posts sound funnier. I can picture a long haired Pooh with Fabio's locks parading around the Hundred Acre Wood.

That being said, I think a headband/bandanna would good to wear to keep the hair in place from blowing all over the place. Definitely solid, comfortable hiking boots as well.

gaiages said:
By the way peoples, still looking for online resources and book suggestions for the new OT. I'm about to go scour posts from like... 300 onward to check to make sure I got the common questions asked and whatnot, but help with that is always appreciated :D

I would easily recommend Shyness: What It Is, What To Do About It by Philip Zimbardo. Since a few people in this thread seem to suffer from it, it does a damn good job re-framing what shyness is and has exercises on building one's self-esteem. For a book that's over 26 years old at this point, it still holds up amazingly well today.

Also The Shyness and Social Anxiety Workbook (any edition) is damn good stuff. I was also recommended to read [URL="https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ICN31SA/?tag=neogaf0e-20"]The Truth: An Uncomfortable Book About Relationships[/URL] by Neil Strauss which is on my to read list. I gave it a quick skim last time I was at a bookstore and it was solid stuff.

Reddit's online dating subreddits such as for Tinder, OKC, and CMB are worth checking out for the zany stuff and stories of successes and failures. IIRC, the OKC subreddit has a meetup section where people all over the country have gatherings around their experiences with dating.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Still have to let them grow a month or two until I can finally go to the barber to do them properly. Going for that Johnny Depp look

Long hair is not a bad look at all. It's just maintenance, breakouts, and humid that killed it for me. After 14 years of long hair, I killed it for more of the typical hair cut.

If you are athletic enough, the hairband is the end all, be all accessory with long hair.

Salamando

Just get used to it that it takes women so fucking long to reply. Don't try to understand it because it's not possible. It's like some elaborate conspiracy amung women to not seem to easy at first.

Texting habits is something that's touched upon in Modern Romance. In short, the more "uncertain" your replies are, the more the person you're texting will think about you. The more they think about you, the more likely they are to like you.

It's better though if we just don't analyze texting habits. In spite of everything else, the true gauge of interest is "Do they want to spend time with you?"

In the case of not getting a response, I see no problem with (1) giving them time to respond, and (2) Trying again, just once more. I wouldn't get my hopes up, but it lets you verify their lack of interest without looking like a creep.

gaiages

Banned
Thanks for the suggestions, Jhoan, I'll add them to the list.

I looked back and saw some... stuff... from when i was less active lol. My cringe level has been reached for the day. xD But helping with awkward situations is what we're here for after all :p

^ Okay, that isn't too bad. I live in FL, where the humidity is killer, so I always wanna make sure no one is killing themselves in the summer D:

I still don't have any advice on the fashion itself, though, I'm pretty fashion bleh overall (not bad looking imo, but I stick to boring stuff lol), so I dunno what's 'in' for hiking exercise, especially for men. Women are all about the leggings right now, lol.

Yeah, I'm pretty boring fashion-wise in general. I never really "got" it and it always seemed so damn expensive. I guess I'm more worried about committing a faux pas than actually looking awesome, at least until I lose the weight.

I'm not gonna knock women for liking leggings! :D

Losing weight - a good diet is mandatory. Exercise helps, but you need a lot of it to lose just a pound. In some people light exercise even hurts the weightloss process, as they overestimate calories burned for their "reward" meal. What do you hate about the gym? Does it go back to the self-consciousness?

Engaging your mind - Podcasts, audiobooks, standup comedy. Load 'em on your phone, run/walk/hike/whatever.

"Exercise fashion" - If you're hiking off-trail, it's less about fashion and more about practicality. Sturdy boots, jeans, and a tshirt work well. If you're on a trail, just wear something that lets your skin breathe.

It's been less than 24 hours since you sent the text. Wait a day or two, send another one, and move on if she doesn't reply.

Agreed on the diet. I don't really do "reward" meals. I'm trying to just eat less, and avoid certain foods (breads, starches), especially at the end of the day. I'm lactose-intolerant as well so I have a great reason to avoid cheeses and cream-based stuff.

I don't like gyms for lots of reasons. I don't know if I'm just sensitive to it or what but the smell is generally awful. I'm slightly obsessive about my hands being clean, and nobody really cleans after themselves in the gym so I'm in a constant state of mild to heavy disgust with the equipment. I don't feel good coming out of a gym, I feel gross. Finally, there's something about gyms that feels.... off to me, like it's a flaw of civilization. That we're so messed up that we have to have our little hamster wheels to stay healthy. And yeah, the feeling of being judged by everyone XD Anyway these are the things that run through my head in gyms.

I definitely need to get on the podcast/audiobook game, though.

It's too hot for jeans right now, unfortunately.

Reading your posts with Pooh's voice in my mind makes your posts sound funnier. I can picture a long haired Pooh with Fabio's locks parading around the Hundred Acre Wood.

I think I'm gonna make a shirt of this. Any artist-type in here want to draw it for me? :D

That being said, I think a headband/bandanna would good to wear to keep the hair in place from blowing all over the place. Definitely solid, comfortable hiking boots as well.
Yeah, I think the hiking boots are probably the most important thing.

:lol Slow your roll bro, it's not clingy because I asked about something I saw in a picture she sent me. Holy over-analyzing batman.

Lol, you're right, but I'm just saying you have more room to fuck up by talking a ton, asking questions, and writing long texts than you do giving short, action-driven responses and holding it for when you are in the same room as her.

And, sounds like you're looking to overanalyze things too. I think a very well-adjusted person might just say - Okay, she answered my question. Guess that's the end of the conversation unless I have something else to ask her!

I'm not yelling at you, I hate not getting what I want out of questions too. But realize that nobody owes anything to you, and jot a mental note down about her personality- "can be cold and a bummer to talk to sometimes"

Lol, you're right, but I'm just saying you have more room to fuck up by talking a ton, asking questions, and writing long texts than you do giving short, action-driven responses and holding it for when you are in the same room as her.

And, sounds like you're looking to overanalyze things too. I think a very well-adjusted person might just say - Okay, she answered my question. Guess that's the end of the conversation unless I have something else to ask her!

I'm not yelling at you, I hate not getting what I want out of questions too. But realize that nobody owes anything to you, and jot a mental note down about her personality- "can be cold and a bummer to talk to sometimes"

You're reading way too deep into this. Vast majority of what you said isn't even true, but thanks.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Timetokill I got you fam. I am from Vancouver so I know all about Pacific Northwest hiking. For simple short day hike when it is hot, I googled around and found photos like this:

600_441185560.jpeg

Pretty easy with just a tshirt and some cargo shorts of some sort. Bring a small backpack for water bottle and sun screen. I currently have a tally going for the number of guys who got sun burnt hanging with me because of that haha. Hiking shoes not necessary because you probably shouldn't be tackling hard hike as a beginner anyways. Nice comfy shoes is fine and enjoy the view :) besides, I wouldn't want to invest in something until I know I will like it and use it frequently. Let me know if you got more questions.

NIGHT-

Had to cut off the girl I've been seeing for the past month and half. The chemistry wasn't there and I started becoming less and less attracted to her. It sucks, because we had so much in common and the feeling of having a special someone to share my favorite movies, shows, and of course sex with, felt good again. I know it had to be done, but now I'm just miserable and feeling alone again.

Had to cut off the girl I've been seeing for the past month and half. The chemistry wasn't there and I started becoming less and less attracted to her. It sucks, because we had so much in common and the feeling of having a special someone to share my favorite movies, shows, and of course sex with, felt good again. I know it had to be done, but now I'm just miserable and feeling alone again.

That's why you have someone else in mind before you cut someone off like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom