• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating-Age |OT5| Halp me pls. In the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazele

Banned
I feel like maybe you should give it a few more years before you decide on marriage. I doubt it'd hurt, at least. Maybe ask what she think about the topic?

Yeah, we've talked about it a bit, she'd be fine waiting a few years, maybe even part of her wants to wait a few years, so there's no rush really

Astral

I kinda like a girl who no longer lives near me and she has a boyfriend who's visiting her today for the weekend and I know for a fact that they're probably having sex as we speak and I feel like shit :(

Artofwar420

Back with updates:

So here I was ready to break things off with my LD gf (started out being local, both from UK) because she was dropping the ball with communication, as well as previous outbursts of "I don't want to spend all my time in this tiny screen" or "I feel restricted in regards of my guy friends" or "I don't see the point in saying good morning/night in texts."

But, after talking to her about my dissatisfaction and hinting that I wanted out with us she said she'll work on it (second time she's doing this, first time she went back to bad communication).

An important realization hit me today: She wants her cake and eat it too. She wants me no matter how she neglects her side of the relationship. I am fairly certain that we are not a great fit, and we would have realized this later, however the LD sped things up. I should have some self-respect and pay attention to what I want. Last straw for me.

Valus

Back with updates:

So here I was ready to break things off with my LD gf (started out being local, both from UK) because she was dropping the ball with communication, as well as previous outbursts of "I don't want to spend all my time in this tiny screen" or "I feel restricted in regards of my guy friends" or "I don't see the point in saying good morning/night in texts."

But, after talking to her about my dissatisfaction and hinting that I wanted out with us she said she'll work on it (second time she's doing this, first time she went back to bad communication).

An important realization hit me today: She wants her cake and eat it too. She wants me no matter how she neglects her side of the relationship. I am fairly certain that we are not a great fit, and we would have realized this later, however the LD sped things up. I should have some self-respect and pay attention to what I want. Last straw for me.

Well said. I was in a very similar relationship with my ex of three years months ago. Finding self respect can be hard at times - good luck buddy. Rooting for you!

Artofwar420

Well said. I was in a very similar relationship with my ex of three years months ago. Finding self respect can be hard at times - good luck buddy. Rooting for you!

Thanks dawg. Shit gets crazy from time to time and we have to be mentally ready for whatever buckwild crap the world throws at us.

stn

I kinda like a girl who no longer lives near me and she has a boyfriend who's visiting her today for the weekend and I know for a fact that they're probably having sex as we speak and I feel like shit :(
...Dude. You're catching too many feelings over a girl you're not involved with. You need more exposure to people so that you don't sit at home moping over a girl who you're not seeing. Have you ever asked her out? What's her relationship to you?

Astral

...Dude. You're catching too many feelings over a girl you're not involved with. You need more exposure to people so that you don't sit at home moping over a girl who you're not seeing. Have you ever asked her out? What's her relationship to you?

It's not that weird. I know her, we're friends. I guess once she was gone I caught feelings for her, which is too late. We still keep in contact so I know she has a boyfriend now, meaning these feelings are even more useless.

clav

It's not that weird. I know her, we're friends. I guess once she was gone I caught feelings for her, which is too late. We still keep in contact so I know she has a boyfriend now, meaning these feelings are even more useless.
It's mentally unhealthy.

Go out and meet more people.

I'm going to try something different. That bit of catharsis made me realize that I really am not all that attached at the moment and am more just frustrated by another "failure" and my confusion.

What are good non-bar locations to meet girls at? I think I just want to give approaching a go for once and see what happens. I actually have no experience with it since a couple awkward attempts in high school. Just starting a friendship would be good enough for me, as I don't have any in the area (outside of work, that is).

I imagine restaurants are bad just because people like to eat in peace. I live in a college town if that helps.

Astral

Do you have gym membership?

Yep. I went this morning and am going again tomorrow for leg day. Going right now would be overkill and I'm pretty sure it's closed. It's literally only tonight that I have nothing to do this weekend. I'll just endure it.

n64coder

1) She's still in school, I'm proud of her, but I'd also kind like her to have a regular 9-5 and not stress so much about school and tests, I know she wants that too and its temporary so maybe not a huge deal and she'll be done with school by the time we get married anyway
Nothing wrong with waiting a few years. Just make sure she's in agreement.

2) I may be a bad person for saying this but looks, She is beautiful but I can't help but imagine all the people I'll be missing out on, I always thought I'd end up with a blonde girl but she's brunette, I've also had a lot of issues with liking unattainable girls and girls way out of my league, I was obviously attracted to her when we first started dating, but we met online and I couldn't help but feel a little disappointed the first time we met in person based on how I pictured her and I wonder if that's tainted things ever since
It's normal to still be attracted to other people and even fantasize about them. But you have to think about the whole package when thinking about settling down with someone. We all have flaws. I do think my wife and I complement each other pretty well.
3) I don't get that dopamine rush when we kiss or when I see her for the first time that day anymore, that's probably normal though, haven't had any issues with sex and she's down all the time, its just…I don't know, not as exciting as it used to be? I got into fights with my ex a lot about sex and remember how great it was but that was probably because she didn't want to very often, idk
I think you might be in a relationship rut. You need to spice it up and do different things to make it exciting again. It happens to us after knowing each other for almost 20 years. So we make an effort to go out on dates and do fun things with each other and not just focus on the kids.

NIGHT-

So I'm working on things with my ex. She left a guy she was seeing for a few weeks to give us a shot. The problem is, he sent her flowers tonight at her work. She doesn't see it as a problem cause she claims they're just "friends" now. It makes me paranoid, and worse, he's coming by her house to borrow her dads trailer tomorrow. How do I tell her I'm comfortable with this, without pushing her away or looking too jealous? She's telling me I have nothing to worry about and that she wants us to work out.

NeOak

So I'm working on things with my ex. She left a guy she was seeing for a few weeks to give us a shot. The problem is, he sent her flowers tonight at her work. She doesn't see it as a problem cause she claims they're just "friends" now. It makes me paranoid, and worse, he's coming by her house to borrow her dads trailer tomorrow. How do I tell her I'm comfortable with this, without pushing her away or looking too jealous? She's telling me I have nothing to worry about and that she wants us to work out.

What would you do if the situation was reversed? If it were you dropping a girl for your ex and the girl came to borrow stuff? Would you tell your ex that the girl is only a friend?

If you can't trust your ex now, why bother trying?

gaiages

Banned

Seems like a sticky situation. Him sending her flowers is a bit weird; it's possible that she did break up with him and he's trying to win her back with gifts and kindness, or she could have conveniently not told him she's going to give it another shot with you. Either way, though, him borrowing her dad's trailer will make it so that he's most certainly not out of her life... and even if she's being completely honest with you, that's probably going to cause some unwanted drama.

If you really want to give it another shot with her, why not wait another week or two? By then you should be able to see if this guy if really out of her love life, and hopefully he'll be done with that trailer too. If she's trying to rush it... well, if you feel like something's off, don't go for it.

I'm going to try something different. That bit of catharsis made me realize that I really am not all that attached at the moment and am more just frustrated by another "failure" and my confusion.

What are good non-bar locations to meet girls at? I think I just want to give approaching a go for once and see what happens. I actually have no experience with it since a couple awkward attempts in high school. Just starting a friendship would be good enough for me, as I don't have any in the area (outside of work, that is).

I imagine restaurants are bad just because people like to eat in peace. I live in a college town if that helps.

Hmm... yes, you're right, restaurants are bad. I'd say something like a mall is bad too, though I'm really not sure.

If not a party/bar/club, if there some kind of event you can go to to hang out? It's autumn, so there tends to be festivals and fairs people go to. Perhaps that would be a good start?

I'm not too sure, really. Getting out isn't one of my strong suits. :( Hopefully someone else has a better response.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I wish I knew how to promote myself better in a dating context. I kinda feel like I'm personally not broadcasting the good/attractive points about me, but I also kinda feel that what I think are good points about me aren't what a lot of folks around here are interested in anyways. Which is fine, of course; everyone is entitled to their tastes and people that will make them happier, and I can't change that. I just don't know how to change my own situation. i know I should be happy with myself first and all that, but its all just kinda frustrating. Idk, I think I'm getting into one of my funks where I feel like defective merchandise and just wanted to nonsensically vent a bit.

gazele

Banned
Nothing wrong with waiting a few years. Just make sure she's in agreement.

It's normal to still be attracted to other people and even fantasize about them. But you have to think about the whole package when thinking about settling down with someone. We all have flaws. I do think my wife and I complement each other pretty well.

I think you might be in a relationship rut. You need to spice it up and do different things to make it exciting again. It happens to us after knowing each other for almost 20 years. So we make an effort to go out on dates and do fun things with each other and not just focus on the kids.

Thanks for the advice, its probably dumb to be worrying when there's no rush, especially from her

NIGHT-

Seems like a sticky situation. Him sending her flowers is a bit weird; it's possible that she did break up with him and he's trying to win her back with gifts and kindness, or she could have conveniently not told him she's going to give it another shot with you. Either way, though, him borrowing her dad's trailer will make it so that he's most certainly not out of her life... and even if she's being completely honest with you, that's probably going to cause some unwanted drama.

If you really want to give it another shot with her, why not wait another week or two? By then you should be able to see if this guy if really out of her love life, and hopefully he'll be done with that trailer too. If she's trying to rush it... well, if you feel like something's off, don't go for it.

Hmm... yes, you're right, restaurants are bad. I'd say something like a mall is bad too, though I'm really not sure.

If not a party/bar/club, if there some kind of event you can go to to hang out? It's autumn, so there tends to be festivals and fairs people go to. Perhaps that would be a good start?

I'm not too sure, really. Getting out isn't one of my strong suits. :( Hopefully someone else has a better response.

I pretty much put it all on her tonight. I told her I don't feel comfortable with her seeing him. If she really wants to see where our future goes, there can't be an obstacle. She told me I'm being unfair but she's gonna talk to him, she just doesn't want to hurt him. But, someone's always gonna get hurt in this situation

Hey guys. Never posted in this thread but I lurk on it from time to time. (it's way helpful and often interesting as well as educational! Thanks Gaf!) But today at work there was this girl demoing alcohol, I noticed her walk past me out of the corner of my eye before I really even saw her and I thought to myself damn I just know she was a babe, like I could feel it. Not that that matters just saying, haha. But anyway she came back to me to ask me for help and I took her to where she needed to be and while all that was going on we just casually chatted for a moment, until she was helped out then I went back to work. Needless to say this girl had my full attention. She was gorgeous and kind enough to laugh at my silly jokes. Anyway I went back by her to see what she was sampling and I convinced her to let me sample a shot (even though I'm pretty sure that could get me fired, but, oh well it's a shit job anyway) but by that time we were full on flirting (atleast in my mind she was). Back to work I went, sadly. By that time all I could think about was her. I told myself "Skid, you fool - ask this girl out! do it! You got nothing to lose" well I thought up a strategy to ask her out in some form of manner, so I went to her about 20 minutes before she was leaveing to get a bit more flirting in and feel up the situation - in mid conversation - she started playing around with her phone. Now, maybe I overthought this. Maybe I panicked. Maybe I was spot on but anyway, I took that as disinterest and immediately aborted mission. I told her I had to get back to work and such. I didn't get her name or anything and I didn't get a chance to talk to her after that. I've been kicking myself all day today. I'm an idiot for not asking her out! I asked the liquor manager if the demo girl already left and she was all "Yeah, and you were going to ask her out, I could tell". Sure, I'm sure she had a boyfriend, but it would have been great I asked her and got an answer. This sucks. I doubt i'll see her again but, hey, if she's interested she knows my name and where I work. I suppose I don't need any advice or anything just wanted to type this out. Man, I'm just.. it sucks! Next time this happens I'll know, JUST ASK.

tl;dr - Had chemistry with a beautiful stranger and kicking myself in the teeth for not asking her out.

Reave

I pretty much put it all on her tonight. I told her I don't feel comfortable with her seeing him. If she really wants to see where our future goes, there can't be an obstacle. She told me I'm being unfair but she's gonna talk to him, she just doesn't want to hurt him. But, someone's always gonna get hurt in this situation

She's being irrational. How can you possibly be the one who's being unfair in this situation? And more importantly, what does that make her definition of fair? Keeping two love interests in her life so she can narrow it down to one as she sees fit? That's not right at all.

Regardless, you did the right thing by putting the ball in her court, although I'd be more than a little concerned when it comes to wanting this, if I were you.

From what you describe what she did was go on a break with him. If that's the case this describes exactly why I think breaks are shitty and dumb. I'm don't have any advice for you besides be on your guard because her keeping him on the side while she tests you out doesn't sound respectful to either guy and how someone treats their ex is going to give you a fairly good idea of how you will get treated.

gaiages

Banned

That's good that you're making her do that, though her saying you're being unfair is a little... off. Like the others say, though, you're probably going to want to be on guard, to make sure she's not being unfair yourself. Good luck.

KJRage

I've been friendzone by one girl that I was interested in. I pretty much knew it already, but when I was hanging out with her and another girl from work after our store meeting she pretty much just said she doesn't really see me like that to my friend.

She is younger by about 8 years and is a little immature, but for some reason I let myself develop feelings when I should have not let those feelings creep up and nip it in the butt. Don't know why I let some young girl affect me like that anyway.

I need to start trying online and expanding my options. I seem to limit my options and start focusing on one girl or 2, instead of trying to just keep getting out and dating more. Seems like I get some chances to date or fool around with girls I don't have much interest in. Why can't it just be one I'm actually interested in for once?! lol. Just got bummed out and thought I would rant is all. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Don't know if I can/should post this here, I'll edit it out if this is wrong.

I saw some guys yesterday and pitied them. They came to the club with a girl, who I thought was the girlfriend of one of them. They sat next to me for a long while, waiting for the lower area of the club to open. The girl seemed nice, but I don't like to approach girls that have men with them, did that once and it ended pretty badly.

Fast forward a couple of hours into the night and I see the girl with one of the guys that brought her, acting like they were a couple. I thought to myself "yeah, I expected that". Fast forward again and when I'm trying to get a drink (water) I find the girl completely smashed hooked to another guy. I stopped and thought to myself "wait, wasn't that girl with that other guy?" Then after a while I see her again with other dude, and then other dude. And another one.

The part that made me pity the guys is that I could see in their eyes (at least in one of them) that look of hate / friendzone. More than one time they tried to get her away from the hook ups that she was with to get a drink or something like that, and she basically told them to fuck off.

One moment that stayed with me is when I saw one of the guys help her with something, can't remember exactly what. He helped her then she went and immediately hooked up with another guy. The first dude's face was complete despair.

They brought her drinks, food, etc, and she didn't even give a fuck about them after she got drunk. It was completely unrelated to me, but at some point I almost went to the guys and told them to grow a pair, they were like slaves getting shit in return.

Sorry about the long rant, but when I see guys doing shit like that it makes my blood boil.

PS: Before somebody tells me to grow a pair too, I stopped being a doormat a long time ago, at least I'm valuing myself more now.

supergiz

So I just had to cancel my 2nd date I had off of Okcupid because I can't afford to go on the date. Needless to say I'm feeling depressed

So unsurprisingly my ex told me things hadn't changed for him and he didn't want to go down the same path as before and hurt me. We decided to just be friends. Not sure how it'll work out but I'm willing to give it a go. Still got 3 okc guys on the go, though have yet to meet 2 of them. Hopefully one of them works out!

I saw some guys yesterday and pitied them. They came to the club with a girl, who I thought was the girlfriend of one of them. They sat next to me for a long while, waiting for the lower area of the club to open. The girl seemed nice, but I don't like to approach girls that have men with them, did that once and it ended pretty badly.

Fast forward a couple of hours into the night and I see the girl with one of the guys that brought her, acting like they were a couple. I thought to myself "yeah, I expected that". Fast forward again and when I'm trying to get a drink (water) I find the girl completely smashed hooked to another guy. I stopped and thought to myself "wait, wasn't that girl with that other guy?" Then after a while I see her again with other dude, and then other dude. And another one.

The part that made me pity the guys is that I could see in their eyes (at least in one of them) that look of hate / friendzone. More than one time they tried to get her away from the hook ups that she was with to get a drink or something like that, and she basically told them to fuck off.

One moment that stayed with me is when I saw one of the guys help her with something, can't remember exactly what. He helped her then she went and immediately hooked up with another guy. The first dude's face was complete despair.

They brought her drinks, food, etc, and she didn't even give a fuck about them after she got drunk. It was completely unrelated to me, but at some point I almost went to the guys and told them to grow a pair, they were like slaves getting shit in return.

Sorry about the long rant, but when I see guys doing shit like that it makes my blood boil.

PS: Before somebody tells me to grow a pair too, I stopped being a doormat a long time ago, at least I'm valuing myself more now.

Lots and lots of projection going on in this post

Log4Girlz

So unsurprisingly my ex told me things hadn't changed for him and he didn't want to go down the same path as before and hurt me. We decided to just be friends. Not sure how it'll work out but I'm willing to give it a go. Still got 3 okc guys on the go, though have yet to meet 2 of them. Hopefully one of them works out!

I hope they're buff!

I've seen it happen before though not to this extent. They're just fixated on that girl, hopefully they grow out of it or find something better. As a side note, I don't buy anyone but my friends that I'm hanging out with drinks ever. I don't do that buy you a drink for existing thing with girls though I know it's controversial opinion. I also don't go out with girls who play the field at a bar by myself personally. If you're not comfortable playing the bar solo you should probably not go with someone who has a tendency to abandon you lol.

I've seen it happen before though not to this extent. They're just fixated on that girl, hopefully they grow out of it or find something better. As a side note, I don't buy anyone but my friends that I'm hanging out with drinks ever. I don't do that buy you a drink for existing thing with girls though I know it's controversial opinion. I also don't go out with girls who play the field at a bar by myself personally. If you're not comfortable playing the bar solo you should probably not go with someone who has a tendency to abandon you lol.

I do not buy drinks except for my friends too, some of them usually buy a couple when they try to hit on some girls but their degree of success doesn't inspire me to do the same.

About going out with a girl that is playing the field, I'm not one to do that too. Hell, I usually ditch my friends when they start do to nothing but making out with their GFs, I find it uncomfortable to be a third wheel. (just to be clear: when most of my friends and I go out we usually go alone, but there are rare times that some of them bring girlfriends and things get messy. I don't mind if you go and get a girl at the club, or if you bring your girlfriend and we all just talk and sometimes you make out. But going out in a group to just stay kissing the whole night, nah thanks I'll find someone else to talk to).

McBryBry

Well, we tried again. And failed again. Here's my last post for reference.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=137731279

I just don't know what it is. I sat back, relaxed, and thought about only what was happening, and it still happened. She isn't mad at me, but she's starting to get frustrated and thinking it's her fault when I know it's not. I just don't know what to do now, it's pissing me off.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

I just don't know what it is. I sat back, relaxed, and thought about only what was happening, and it still happened. She isn't mad at me, but she's starting to get frustrated and thinking it's her fault when I know it's not. I just don't know what to do now, it's pissing me off.

This has happened to me as well after a long time without sex. Just take a few days without trying again, don't masturbate, and then go at it a third time later.

It happens. Don't psych yourself out about it.

lt519

Assuming other activities are fine: You're both putting too much pressure on it. She's anxious about pleasing you and you're anxious about being pleased so she's pleased. Just let it happen in the normal flow; take a break from the pressure of performing and let it happen spontaneously. Happens to me when I'm with a new girl and I know before the date is even going to happen that there's a chance of some action I psyche myself out. Talk about it and have her surprise you one date instead of assuming you'll try again the next time you see her so you don't get all anxious about it.

If it's not anxiety then don't be afraid to coach a little too to what you like, she sounds eager to please, so she'll get over being told what to do when it works. You can disguise it as dirty talk so it isn't "insulting"

nampad

It happens. I assume you can get it up to masturbate so it isn't something physical.
Well, don't know what to tell you except that it gets better. It is easier said than done and that pressure to perform can make it worse.
Not sure what happened/changed so that it worked again.

Nyx

Installed Tinder last week, just for fun ofc. :p

But I've had 4 matches already of which one woman is really cool, got her phonenumber already.

Something tells me I should have done this way earlier.

anaslexy

Met a nice girl at a bar on Thursday and got her number. Texted her a few times and things seemed well. I made a comment about her beautiful wel groomed hands and she laughed and said she takes good care of them with creams and moisturizers.

Called her after 3 days of no contact and she seemed very friendly. I asked her out for dinner on thursday and she said yes. Before I hung up she said we should keep in touch before the dinner, which I thought was interesting. Should I call her again tomorrow or just send her a text on Wednesday and leave her in anticipation?

Im also planning to hold her hands with an excuse to see how beautiful they are upclose. Is that a good idea? If that works should I go in for the kiss?

hipgnosis

Met a nice girl at a bar on Thursday and got her number. Texted her a few times and things seemed well. I made a comment about her beautiful wel groomed hands and she laughed and said she takes good care of them with creams and moisturizers.

Called her after 3 days of no contact and she seemed very friendly. I asked her out for dinner on thursday and she said yes. Before I hung up she said we should keep in touch before the dinner, which I thought was interesting. Should I call her again tomorrow or just send her a text on Wednesday and leave her in anticipation?

Im also planning to hold her hands with an excuse to see how beautiful they are upclose. Is that a good idea? If that works should I go in for the kiss?

Don't get too excessive with the hands, it might seem creepy for her. Best place to go in for the kiss is at the end of the date when you are parting ways. It builds up excitement and leaves spark for the next date.

Septimius

If you want to keep in touch, keep in touch. She wanted to, so it's a great sign. Don't be cold, just to "leave her in anticipation".

Hands are a great thing to touch. It adds a lot, and touching is good to add rapport and chemistry. I normally pull a "Did you know I can read hands?" and pull some quips about what their lines mean. If I were you, I'd definitely bring up her hands again, pick them up, mentioning how you found them amazing last time, then say "Did you know I can read hands?". The good part about it is that you can lightly let your finger flow over her hand through her lines. Be witty about what it means, and have fun with it.

Septimius

This is how all "on again, off again" stories go. This sounds like a bad idea, through and through. I'm just going to be blunt and say the two of you won't work. I do not see any reason to remain friends, because you'll just keep bouncing back with each other and do this awkward dance for too long.

Get your distance, focus on yourself. Are you really ready to date? You're not over your ex, yet, so even if you were, chances are that your not being over your ex would interfere with a new relationship. It's sucks if you lose someone you actually want to be with, because you didn't take the time to get over your ex, first.

It is not the guys' fault. They're not doing anything wrong. Pitying them is a foul thing to do, because you're basically Nelson from Simpsons going "Ha ha!", just in a more coy way. It's OK to relate to them and think it's a sucky situation, but wanting to tell them to "grow a pair" is wrong for many reasons. That you're boasting that you've finally "grown a pair" is equally revolting. There's nothing wrong with being nice. There's something wrong with taking advantage of it. This is not "how girls are", and "you can't be nice to them". You're very categorical in your approach to all of this. That's OK for the time being, I guess. Find your way, but don't be an asshole because you think girls are assholes. Have fortitude, don't allow yourself to be used, but this has nothing to do with growing a pair, or with how girls are. It also seems to be a very American thing to do, to bring your GF out and make out with them all night. I don't get it. At all, so I can relate to you on that one. But if you have a female friend, why not go out with her, even if she's playing the field?

I don't really know. Less categorical might have you seem less cynical. Having fortitude is not the same as being cynical.

I also don't get how it makes sense to say that you're past that, now, except with one girl. Then you obviously aren't.

I also don't get how it makes sense to say that you're past that, now, except with one girl. Then you obviously aren't.

I told that I'm past that because I'm not being a doormat to her, the moment she tries to take advantage of me I'm out. I'm just waiting to see if she's actually interested or not.

Antagon

Having been in a very similar situation with an ex its tough

Withdrawing when feeling down isn't great, because especially when doing LD communication is the most important thing, but you have to decide how much you want it and if there's an end date to the LD, thats important

So is there any married-GAF in here?

I'm 26 and have been dating my girlfriend for over 2 years, all my friends and her friends are starting to get married and I'm starting to think about it I guess and I know she has

How do you know you're ready to get married? Or that you're girlfriend is the right one?

I've been going back and forth a lot in the last year or so, wondering what others went through in that stage

Not married, but getting a 'registered partnership' (basically the same thing, just named differently) next year. We've been together for a bit over two years. It actually moved a bit faster then I ever planned and I still got to propose, but we both want children and are in our 30's. We want to have everything worked out well for the law when we get children, so this for us is the time. Bit pragmatic, but that's how it works for a lot of people it seems.

About the right one; I don't believe in that. I've got a great time with this girl and I'm happy every time I wake up next to her. Our values are very similar, we've never had big fights and have had not real problem yet solving our arguments. So what more should I look for?

I'm going to echo what Septimius said. You've been mentioning this dude in these threads for how long now? Every other post is about how you guys either split up or got back together again. I just don't see it progressing anywhere you know? It doesn't seem like you guys are great for each other and I'm not sure that staying friends is a good idea. Can you guarantee that this is a permanent state of just "being friends"? Is the idea of getting back together with him still bouncing around in your head?

I just want you to take care of yourself.

I asked out someone who I've been talking to online for a week or so and the plan is to go out for coffee some place and hang out for a while, just a casual first date. The thing is, it turns out neither of us even drink coffee!

Also we're going out tomorrow on Remembrance Day so most non-chain locations will be closed. :\ Didn't think this one through!

Any suggestions? Mostly I just need a type of location to sit and talk in a public-type place. Also it's -10 out now so outdoor stuff is out of the question.

stn

This is how all "on again, off again" stories go. This sounds like a bad idea, through and through. I'm just going to be blunt and say the two of you won't work. I do not see any reason to remain friends, because you'll just keep bouncing back with each other and do this awkward dance for too long.

Get your distance, focus on yourself. Are you really ready to date? You're not over your ex, yet, so even if you were, chances are that your not being over your ex would interfere with a new relationship. It's sucks if you lose someone you actually want to be with, because you didn't take the time to get over your ex, first.
I agree with Sep. You've said that you would have chosen your ex over the other guys if he agreed to get back with you. If your ex lingers around then you might sacrifice a different opportunity for the chance at rekindling the relationship with your ex. Basically, there may exist a situation where you always keep a false hope that it may work out and thus end up losing out on other things. I would recommend moving on but you know what's best!

Septimius said:
It is not the guys' fault. They're not doing anything wrong. Pitying them is a foul thing to do, because you're basically Nelson from Simpsons going "Ha ha!", just in a more coy way. It's OK to relate to them and think it's a sucky situation, but wanting to tell them to "grow a pair" is wrong for many reasons.
I disagree. I can't say with certainty that this is what happened that night, but its a possibility. The guys probably went with the girl hoping to get with her. They probably bought her drinks in hopes of this. This is what they did wrong, basically being typical douches who try to exchange drinks for fun times. Its sleezy and I always feel sorry for women who have to deal with it.

The girl, however, also did something wrong. From the looks of it she was attention-whoring and using her looks to get stuff. In a sense she was exploiting her friends. Also, personally, I'd think it very rude if a female I was going clubbing with left me to hook up with another guy. When I go with girls I know I don't even try meeting any new girls. That's just me.

Basically, I think both the guys and the girl screwed up in different ways. Of course, its not anyone's business to tell them to grow a pair.

So met a girl from Tinder on Saturday I really liked, she really liked me. Hit it off well and we're planning to go in to NYC this weekend, texted her for quite a while yesterday, I know I'm probably overthinking things but would texting her tonight just asking how her day was seem too needy or what.

Edit: lol, she just texted me a minute after posting this asking what's up. Well guess that answers that.

Hello everyone in GAF world :)

I don't usually frequent Off-Topic stuff, but there is only so much Gaming stuff I can read :p

Long story short, I have a heap of things I would like to put out there, talk about, get some feedback on. But, as a major over-thinker, I feel like I should just give a heads up first and break it into parts.

Back story:
I am Male, 27, live in Australia. I don't really do conventional, but I am human and follow the basics of society. The past couple years have been the biggest time of growth for me as a person, hence why next phase is weighing heavily on me...

Recent:
About 2 months ago, my partner (at the time) and I decided to go our separate ways. We were in a serious relationship for 6 years, the first serious one for us both, and it included living together for about 90-95% of that time. A bit of a Ying and Yang of personalities, but it worked, we went through a lot of testing experiences together, a lot of firsts.

It was a mutual thing, and, ironically enough, the first really serious mature adult conversation(s) we had about feelings/relationships. She moved out about 2 weeks after the decision and we keep in touch here and there (she took our 2 dogs, I kept the cat), friendly and mature like :)

(To avoid a wall of text, I'll save the next part for after, if anyone has time to listen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom