• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 - costume screenshots

Or two strawberries and a banana?

better costume than fortune/venus. Step it up KT

bMbnQpP.jpg

Demoskinos

I believe that CERO bans the depiction of nipples on female characters.

Well, anime does this a lot as well. So while yes nipples are banned in specifically games a lot of shows/games like to really ride the line of being considered Adult Only content without actually crossing it.

Ricitor

God this wait is killing me. Just loaded HK$300 onto my HK PSN account so that should last me for awhile with some of the costumes and a DLC character
(Tina and Mila are only ones that matter)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
just started playing DoA5 - never tried the series, but it's surprisingly solid.

the fan service stuff could be fun but it seems like every character model has the same flat bootied body type. i take it the same is true for this game?

just started playing DoA5 - never tried the series, but it's surprisingly solid.

the fan service stuff could be fun but it seems like every character model has the same flat bootied body type. i take it the same is true for this game?
Well they at least gave them asses in this, even Maria Rose has a nice looking butt on her.

I can't believe I'm talking about asses on a video game forum

It's not perfect, but they've been working on the booty tech for this game. The producer specifically said that

ZRvICEI.gif

233bbf0a18.gif

magnetic

Look, here's the thing, men making video games: if you're going to put in big boobs—and I've got no problem with that—you need to start being realistic about nipple/areola size.

That second screenshot ain't happening.

As an areola enthusiast I fully agree.

Golnei

Well, anime does this a lot as well. So while yes nipples are banned in specifically games a lot of shows/games like to really ride the line of being considered Adult Only content without actually crossing it.

At that point, I have to question what they're getting out of it. The really skimpy stuff just makes it clear that there's no way a nipple could actually exist behind it - how can you effectively tease something when it's clear there's nothing there? It's like the topless glitch in DOA5 - showing the featureless body beneath the clothes makes it less sexy.

Pics_nao

Preordered both versions of this but man is dlc gonna be fucking annoying on vita. Is there still no way around the constant memory card switching?

Zipzo

Banned
At that point, I have to question what they're getting out of it. The really skimpy stuff just makes it clear that there's no way a nipple could actually exist behind it - how can you effectively tease something when it's clear there's nothing there? It's like the topless glitch in DOA5 - showing the featureless body beneath the clothes makes it less sexy.

Well seeing as how it's a game, and like pretty much all other games, I think you're supposed to kind of fill the gaps with your imagination.

It's more like "Wow what IF this chick was real...what would be under there...hnnng".

At least that's my take.

Golnei

Well seeing as how it's a game, and like pretty much all other games, I think you're supposed to kind of fill the gaps with your imagination.

It's more like "Wow what IF this chick was real...what would be under there...hnnng".

At least that's my take.

That's the theory, but the problem is when it gets so skimpy that the only thing you can imagine underneath it is a literal pinprick.

Zipzo

Banned
That's the theory, but the problem is when it gets so skimpy that the only thing you can imagine underneath it is a literal pinprick.

I see your point though, taking away the mystique of their bodies is in essence defeating the entire purpose of the game, which is assuredly to be a tease. If there's nothing left to tease then you really dont wield the same sort of effectiveness, which isn't a bad thing of course but it's not really the target they're trying to hit.

Obviously I can't say any of the pictures of this game look "bad" per say but honestly guys, I don't like the look of pretty much all of their hands. They all have *HUGE* looking hands and it makes pretty much every scene where they use them in some way look so awkward to me.

100.jpg

I mean holy hell, look at those suckers. The bodies look great but hands CAN ruin it for me if they look that disproportionate.

FHIZ

So theoretically, if I wanted to get both Venus and Fortune costumes, would I have to put an asian account on my Vita and download the costume first, is it a pack in? Or could I just simply play the game on my regular vita account and sync it to the game on my regular PS4 account as well?

...I need to know, for science.

galvenize

I see your point though, taking away the mystique of their bodies is in essence defeating the entire purpose of the game, which is assuredly to be a tease. If there's nothing left to tease then you really dont wield the same sort of effectiveness, which isn't a bad thing of course but it's not really the target they're trying to hit.

Obviously I can't say any of the pictures of this game look "bad" per say but honestly guys, I don't like the look of pretty much all of their hands. They all have *HUGE* looking hands and it makes pretty much every scene where they use them in some way look so awkward to me.

I mean holy hell, look at those suckers. The bodies look great but hands CAN ruin it for me if they look that disproportionate.

I've gotta be honest, you made me look at their hands for the first time ever.

100.jpg

Some of us like physically large women. They need to make DOAX3 Amazonian edition.

Nyotengu at 1.6 times scale.

Sign me up, and strap me in.

Finaika

100.jpg

Her hands are bigger than her boobs wtf.

hmmm. Yeah, I cant really disagree. Smaller hands would be better IMO. The bare feet in DoA5 were terrible too, but thats a different story. Overall, Team Ninja still make the prettiest girls in video games, as far as I can tell.

magnetic

hmmm. Yeah, I cant really disagree. Smaller hands would be better IMO. The bare feet in DoA5 were terrible too, but thats a different story. Overall, Team Ninja still make the prettiest girls in video games, as far as I can tell.

Clunky hands and feet are a pet peeve of mine in games - I don't have a particular foot fetish, but they can look nice (just like any other part of the body). Seeing a high polygon face (or high poly boobs) and then flesh colored latex gloves as hands is a bit jarring.

Top Bottom