• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Pre-order Trailer

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Played the hell out of it on my Pro, $10 is a steal for new content + PS5 upgrades, this is how you do it. I'm there day 1 for anything Kojima though I probably won't play it right away, will be too busy with Diablo 2 and then Far Cry 6 a couple of weeks later.

Coming at a bad time for me with Lost Judgment out on the same day so I will wait for the PC version to eventually get the DC content.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Awesome! So glad to see all the new
content. I hope it’s carefully implemented in a way that truly changes the rhythm of the enemy encounters.
I actually had some great moments against the enemies in this game, but they were few and far between, generally being a bit too easy.
Also, I think I saw some interior levels which would be a great way to build the world out and give us that classic Kojima infiltration feeling.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I didn't like DS that much but at this price it's a ridiculous offer. I understand the game is in bargain bins now so they can't charge full price like GOT but still I would have paid more for this. $20+ easy.

No issue paying full price for GOT the GOAT 😁

Shmunter

Store page is up. Blog too.

Only $10 upgrade from DS PS4 to DSDC deluxe PS5.

KqnwPyo.jpg

$50 for reg. $60 for deluxe.

checkerboard 4K @ 60
native 4K @ 30
DualSense
3D audio
instant loads

new story
new game mechanics

saxukHj.jpg

iWGH6Vg.jpg

And Kojima made Mario Kart Stranding.

4u9LdMU.jpg

wsrOtrr.jpg

Now that’s an upgrade I can get behind

Mozzarella

The upgrade looks really good, this will improve the game, but i dont like it when games do that, just release a good old DLC or Expansion and no need to buy a different version or upgrade.

pratyush

10$ for this upgrade is more than reasonable. Maybe GOT can also drops their price to 10$.

You can clearly see a lot of work has gone in.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Traded in my PS4 disk the other week as I just couldn’t invest time passed the first 3 hours. Now I gotta wrestle with the idea of picking up a used PS4 copy and upgrading or just waitin until this is in a bargain bin.

People love to ignore the whole “expansion” aspect of this to make a shitty argument about free patches

Quite a stretch to call it an expansion. I of course seen worse dlc that you had to pay for, no doubt, but some added materials to make traveling better and some bits of prolly unvoiced story content is not what I'd call expansion but I suppose people will always justify any payed content for their favorite media. I mean people pay 100 euros for blue skins so what do I know. Like I said, keep up the good work I guess.

Last edited:

HAL-01

Quite a stretch to call it an expansion. I of course seen worse dlc that you had to pay for, no doubt, but some added materials to make traveling better and some bits of prolly unvoiced story content is not what I'd call expansion but I suppose people will always justify any payed content for their favorite media. I mean people pay 100 euros for blue skins so what do I know. Like I said, keep up the good work I guess.
And people will always back up shitty arguments with loads of presumptions and conjecture in lieu of a solid basis, keep it up

And people will always back up shitty arguments with loads of presumptions and conjecture in lieu of a solid basis, keep it up

Presumptions? The content you are offered is in the video. Nothing more, nothing less. Safe to say, its shitty, such as your reply. Peace.

HAL-01

Does it have a "peaceful mode"?

I'd happily drop 30 bucks for this if it has a "no BT's and no MULES" option.
The “very easy” difficulty was made specifically for people who just want to chill and watch the story

SJRB

Gold Member
They did say they have more to reveal in the coming weeks with new modes, hud options etc so there's a chance!

O nice, I didn't know there was still stuff to be revealed.

Fingers crossed, I guess. Wandering around is such a great and relaxing, almost meditative experience after a long day's work. I always found it odd the game didn't focus on that aspect more.

RaduN

Just wanted to drop in and say that this was one of the most rewarding gaming experiences i've ever had.
It just asks for patience, but if you have it, this game will stick with you for a long time.
I could go on about how brilliant almost every aspect of this game is (the gameplay loop, the lore and the narrative are so so succesfully connected to one another) but i'll just say this: if you are in doubt about playing it, because you heard it might be a "walking simulator" just go for it, patient and open minded, and there's a big chance it might become one of your favourites as well.

Mr Hyde

Never played Death Stranding before so this looks like a good time to jump in. Glad I held out. Game looks phenomenal with a unique concept and fresh gameplay ideas. Dualsense features will be interesting to try out too.

SLB1904

Banned
so excited. i know for sure loads of people who skip this for some reason will love it. and ill be there day one. just to see their faces when they build the first road

Markio128

Well since combat was one of the weakest part of the game, i'm really happy that they doubled down with that...
Agreed. I absolutely adored the ‘walking’ parts. Only the combat felt a little lacklustre, almost an afterthought. If we can now play the full game with a more robust and enjoyable combat engine, this directors cut could be quite the thing. I am actually pretty excited about this release.

Arun1910

As weird as it might sound, I agree. Walking has a really bad rep in this forum, but if it's done right it's done right.
It's the sense of accomplishment I think.

As far as walking goes in other games, you just push W or an analogue stick forward. Death Stranding really makes walking/getting from A to B hard and more involved to the point that when you're done you can actually feel proud about getting past all the obstacles in your way.

Terenty

Ok, serious question, is there any chance it's going to be released for PS4 as well?

I have like 130 hours and would like to just continue my safe with the new stuff

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Does it have a "peaceful mode"?

I'd happily drop 30 bucks for this if it has a "no BT's and no MULES" option.

Mules are pretty easy to fight, BT you can clear all places permanently using blood bombs (stealth and can't be detected) or blood guns (would expose your spot). I've cleaned all places and ended up going around with a truck full of blood bombs. I think most people don't know that you can clear BT areas permanently and I knew it by observation then went BT hunting whenever I see a new spot.

After beating the game all the BT's respawn again, sadly.

Last edited:
Hmm, when I look at the Store it just shows me the full price rather than the disciunted price. Does anybody else who bought the download version of the original game now see a discount when they look at the Director's Cut?
The Ghost of Tsushima upgrade shows up as it should for me.

Top Bottom