• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding Director's Cut - Pre-order Trailer

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
That's their prerogative - these are features one wouldn't expect to pay for

$10 for ps5 features
$20 for the director cut dlc to even have the option to purchase said ps5 features (that's ghost of Tsushima) not to mention how convoluted this is explained in the store (they never do)
$10 for ps5 features sans a performance patch (death stranding)
$10 for cloud saves (industry standard I guess, but should be free)

This is a far cry from:
wgWYGLJ.jpg
But I lend my Death Stranding copy to a friend... how did I do that

K2D

Banned
I'd rather pay $80 once or take the choice of choosing between sticking with my old copy of GoT or paying up another time, than be bamboozled in a con.

Instead it's pay up, 1-2-3 times.. because you didn't go on google to read up on the payment scheme.

I don't condone review bombing.

I’m sorry but it’s well known game development runs in to the 100s of millions.

This has taken many hours of additional labour and resources to create. They need to recoup costs and well….make some money on top. $10 isn’t screwing anyone over, in fact, judging by some other recent upgrade charges, $10 is damn fair.

It's $30, cause you need the dlc, which I never had.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The goodwill goes a long way..

Bullshit. "Goodwill" is worthless, as evidenced by GoT getting both a free multi-player mode, and a free 60fps upgrade already, yet they are still getting review bombed over a paid expansion!

Said it before, I'll say it again: You may as well charge for everything if you are going to charge for anything.

kyliethicc

They forgot to remove the "Ultra-wide support" text which is likely for the PC version, lol.

They updated the Blog post with more detail recently:

• Death Stranding: Director’s Cut offers a Widescreen Mode for an ultra-wide play experience, using the console’s standard 16:9 aspect ratio to display letterboxed gameplay equivalent to 21:9 aspect ratio.

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Just classic Kojima eg. Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence.

People are acting like its the first time this is happening.

Loads of Final Fantasy’s get an international version Or FF15 Royal.
Kingdom Hearts 1-2 got final mix
Street fighters and Resident Evils, DMC, got multiple versions
Theres game of the year editions for many games.
Kojima games , MGS2 and MGS3 got the versions u mentioned.

Let alone Persona 4, Person 5 and Dragon Quest charging full prices for P4 Golden, P5 Royale.
and the worst case…..
DQ12 definitive edition ( which suffered graphical downgarade thanks to the Switch and charged a full price and no upgrade option like many of the games above)

People are making a big fuss out of Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding because they are Playstaion games lol

Last edited:

The Snake

People are acting like its the first time this is happening.

Loads of Final Fantasy’s get an international version Or FF15 Royal.
Kingdom Hearts 1-2 got final mix
Street fighters and Resident Evils, DMC, got multiple versions
Theres game of the year editions for many games.
Kojima games , MGS2 and MGS3 got the versions u mentioned.

Let alone Persona 4, Person 5 and Dragon Quest charging full prices for P4 Golden, P5 Royale.
and the worst case…..
DQ12 definitive edition ( which suffered graphical downgarade thanks to the Switch and charged a full price and no upgrade option like many of the games above)

People are making a big fuss out of Ghost of Tsushima and Death Stranding because they are Playstaion games lol

My only issues with the GoT were that they didn't seem substantial enough to charge the amount they were asking, and that there was no option to just get the extra features without the DLC. I only bought the stuff because I got the game for free, so whatever.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Death Stranding was a pretty unique game, to say the least, and though there were many who just couldn't gel with the game, there were quite a few people who absolutely loved the experience that Kojima and his team had crafted.

Soon, Death Stranding will be receiving a Director's Cut launch on the PS5, promising various improvements and additions to further refine the original game. There's less than a month left to its launch now, so here, we're going to go over some crucial details that you should know about Death Stranding Director's Cut.

Last edited:
Top Bottom