• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding has reached 10 million players worldwide

Skifi28

Gold Member
I don't know why the game is so hated around here, but I enjoyed it quite a bit and couldn't put it down even after the credits rolled. Well deserved as far as I'm concerned. You can say all you like about it being a walking simulator etc. (that's not a bad thing on its own) but we should at least give Kojima some credit for trying something different than everyone else.

Last edited:

tommib

I've been playing through the game and I'm having a good time. Just unlocked the zip line thingy, and now I'm building out a zip line network across the map.
How do you do this? My main problem with the game is how long it takes to go from point to point if you can’t take a vehicle.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I’m there but how do you plant them?

Just like everything else. You need to have materials to build them on you. You’ll see if they connect before you place them. You can also upgrade them to cover more distance with fewer zip lines.

Midn1ght

Beautiful and visually stunning game. Well deserved.

NfuWUDM.png

Keep on keeping on!

BootsLoader

Banned
Death Stranding is a form of art. Not all people understand art. Most of them have no problem shooting mindlessly in Call of Duty, yet they are making fun of a game that you need to check the path you will take, calculate in advance your gear and survive. I understand that this game is not for everyone but….come on, why so much hate? The game is nicely developed and executed.

Skifi28

Gold Member
Incredibly repetitive and tedious gameplay + Kojima's convoluted and padded story.
Fair enough about the story, but I disagree about the gameplay part. There is no 30+ hour game that doesn't have repetitive gameplay. Almost all games do so singling one out is dishonest. It all comes down to whether one likes the gameplay loop or not, the repetitiveness is a given.

Amiga

How do you do this? My main problem with the game is how long it takes to go from point to point if you can’t take a vehicle.
Whole point of the game is travers. You start out with minimal means then gradually build logistics tools and infrastructure throughout the game world. If you are online you can use resources from other players and combine with what they built.

Only in the prologue are you actually forced to walk. I used bikes and trucks almost exclusively and in the end game you use zip lines.

The game is actually very casual.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Such a good time with this game, still need to get back to the Directors cut and use those crazy cargo launchers etc. Put a lot of time in at launch though, truly gorgeous at times and like nothing I have ever played.

BlueLena

Neo Member
I've just started it and I'm really enjoying the setting and the gameplay loop, its the kind of game you can relax with on a grey Sunday afternoon.

I do wish Kojima stories weren't so ridiculous though, it always stops me from being 100% invested in his titles.

Sorc3r3r

Death Stranding is a form of art. Not all people understand art. Most of them have no problem shooting mindlessly in Call of Duty, yet they are making fun of a game that you need to check the path you will take, calculate in advance your gear and survive. I understand that this game is not for everyone but….come on, why so much hate? The game is nicely developed and executed.
I wish it was like that.
It's far too forgiving and far too simple.
But I'm not going to hate what i loved so much to play.
The point of the game is the journey, the eeriness that is created between what we are familiar with and what it is unrecognisable with that idea of familiarity.
So in the end making it as I would have would have destroyed the concept i loved so much.
So, yeah, it's a form of art that in a way, it prediliges the poetry in its execution over the gamey execution.
It's a romantic game, an in motion "Wander of the sea of fog".

MadPanda

Banned
This is my second favorite PlayStation exclusive after bloodborne. Such a unique game with wonderful atmosphere. Just thinking about it makes me want to play it. I don't like its combat though and if I ever replay it I'd play it on easy just to avoid combat as much as possible.

Certinty

I enjoyed it.

Mind you, I literally just played through the main story and ignored everything else.

By time I finished I was sort of fed up with the game in all honesty, it was repetitive as hell but somehow kept me interested.

But yeah, definitely hit a cliff near the end but overall surprisingly liked it.

Top Bottom