• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE FINALS reaches 10 million players

Felt like ADHD - The Shooter, entirely designed for Zoomers who think of them as to cool for Fortnite.
What gives you that impression? Is it the announcers and what they say? That's probably the only thing I can think of that would maybe give that impression. But considering it's staged as a game show it makes sense.

I'm pushing 40 and am thoroughly enjoying this game for it's team play and it's ability to create so many chaotic encounters and clutch victories. Can't really think of any other recent shooter that can do it so easily.

Hours? :D It took me like 1 min. I think both the aiming and movement is awesome in this game and the gunplay aswell

Good for you. That doesn’t really change much for the guy who doesn’t like the way it feel. Which IS a special thing, shooters have different weight and feel to the gunplay. To me, it’s certainly not surprising that ot reminds me of BF.

Luipadre

Good for you. That doesn’t really change much for the guy who doesn’t like the way it feel. Which IS a special thing, shooters have different weight and feel to the gunplay. To me, it’s certainly not surprising that ot reminds me of BF.

I love battlefield so probably thats why i also love this games gunplay.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Anyone else think the character design in this game needs a revision? It's like you can't make a male or female character, everything is a strange in-between.

I kind of noticed this too. The male bodies are a little too realistic or unathletic looking. Their ass area looks kinda feminine.

Certain skins seem to help cover it up though.

T-0800

For what it's worth, I used to love BF as well.
This just doesn't feel right to me.

If gunplay was similar to COD or Destiny, I'd be all over this game.
Because movement and graphics are solid and I like the teamplay.

I agree. Played 4 or 5 games and just don't find the core gunplay enjoyable.

Luipadre

Yep, more maps and modes needed sooner than later or else the population will dwindle.

Maps? sure, Modes? dont think so. All popular games have like 1 game mode that everyone plays. Also we dont even know how frequently we'll get maps. Dont think they gonna release a new map every season. Im honestly expecting 1 map every 6 months or so. They had 3 maps when they started the alpha testing and only added 1 more until launch. tbh im fine with the map amount. Gimme more modifiers and the destruction makes these maps much more dynamic and interesting than in other games

Last edited:

Chronicle

If this wont have legs then i have lost faith in the fps genre. What people want? This has a unique style, awesome gunplay, most polished multiplayer fps launch since apex, literal gamechanging destruction. This is one of those games where i have fun even when my teammates sucks ass and my team is last on the scoreboard.
Cool. I gotta try it. Is it on PS now or just PC?

MiguelItUp

Decided to give this a shot recently, and I think it's fine and worth checking out. It may click for some, may not for others. For me I'm not really sure. Parts of it feel nice, the destruction is easily the best part IMO. But I don't think I really care for the "gameshow-like" vibe, as well as the art style. The TTK can feel a bit odd at times with the flow of the gameplay, and there's still some balancing that definitely needs to be done.

The gunplay is snappy, but fuck me is it a woke slap in the face. Might give up just because of that.
Really not understanding the "woke slap in the face" comment. Not getting those vibes at all, personally.

AGRacing

a71vAlu.jpg
Everybody relax. #bs

People will look for any reason to not like something won't they?

I dislike when things are shoehorned into every game even if said things don't make sense but not once have I thought this game was trying to force any sort of agenda. Character models are goofy sure but so what? I played the game and never gave it a second thought. The characters you play in the game aren't even your real self, they are digital avatars that you control in the game show. They could be anything, really.

Am I wrong or when you kill an enemy they turn into... coins? If this was a more brutal game of death ala The Running Man or Series 7: The Contenders, it'd be a lot more interesting.

But props to the game for being the only modern multiplayer game to actually have an interesting answer to "why am I doing this?"

Yes. I guess it's all about collecting coins to win so it makes sense in a way. And you aren't actually playing for real, the characters are avatars in a digital game show.
Pretty lame, it should be happening for real than virtual, again like something like Series 7: The Contenders.

But at least it's not as nonsensical as Peter Griffin shooting Goku in the dick.

Pretty lame, it should be happening for real than virtual, again like something like Series 7: The Contenders.
Eh fair enough. I mean, what does it matter? You're shooting people, they're shooting you. Not saying you like Fortnite or any of those other games but you're not really playing as them either... just instead of playing an avatar, we're playing an avatar of an avatar...

sigmaZ

I dislike when things are shoehorned into every game even if said things don't make sense but not once have I thought this game was trying to force any sort of agenda. Character models are goofy sure but so what? I played the game and never gave it a second thought. The characters you play in the game aren't even your real self, they are digital avatars that you control in the game show. They could be anything, really.
Some people will find a reason to like anything which leads to a bloated and oversaturated market.
Here piggy piggy. Come to the trough.
rider hog GIF

S0ULZB0URNE

The characters look like shit period.

Xtib81

I'm having a blast but what I fear will make most players leave is the learning curve. This game is definitely not casual friendly.
Also, they need to bring in new content, especially maps, quick.

Last edited:
I'm having a blast but what I fear will make most players leave is the learning curve. This game is definitely not casual friendly.
Also, they need to bring in new content, especially maps, quick.
Yep reminds me of the old Tribes games. Easy to play but extremely hard to master. And I'm far from a master haha (more like still a padawan!).

Does need new maps already. The variations are fine but there needs to be at least double the maps.

Luipadre

Yep reminds me of the old Tribes games. Easy to play but extremely hard to master. And I'm far from a master haha (more like still a padawan!).

Does need new maps already. The variations are fine but there needs to be at least double the maps.

We'll be lucky if we get a map with new seasons, but its most likely every 2 season. These maps are big, carefully designed. They wont pump out a new map every 3 months, unless you want shit quality. I played over 50 hours and i dont feel the need of new maps, especially not new modes

Last edited:
We'll be lucky if we get a map with new seasons, but its most likely every 2 season. These maps are big, carefully designed. They wont pump out a new map every 3 months, unless you want shit quality. I played over 50 hours and i dont feel the need of new maps, especially not new modes
Definitely not new modes. Don't want to spread the playerbase out too thin.
They will need new maps each season though. Have already played near 300 matches and there are still 70+ days left of the season. Will get stale if there aren't new ones when the new season starts.

Played a few games of this yesterday and .....oof this game will be dead in 6 months....

Wish they woulda made a BF type game instead of this, because this aint it.
2042 left the door wide open for a high quality Battlefield-like to fill the niche, but alas, COD's Ground War is the same low effort lackluster nonsense, Hell Let Loose is too simmy, and Battlebit... just no.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Been playing Heavy a lot for the past two days. LOVING the RPG now.

So many crazy shots with that thing. I think my chopper sniping kills from Battlefield are carrying over.

Current favorite Heavy loadout is Lewis Gun, Explosive Mines, Barricade, RPG, and then the Charge ability. Thinking of switching out the Charge with the Mesh Shield, but it's so fun.

Last edited:

Hestar69

2042 left the door wide open for a high quality Battlefield-like to fill the niche, but alas, COD's Ground War is the same low effort lackluster nonsense, Hell Let Loose is too simmy, and Battlebit... just no.
yeah they've fixed 2042 somewhat but it still doesnt feel as fun as a BF game since 4 IMO...sucks because it was me and friends goto games to play

Steam version is plagued with cheaters from China. Reviews are begging for a geo-block of China to fix it.
I play on both PC and PS5 on the Oceanic servers and haven't noticed anyone that is blatantly cheating just yet. I have heard people say there is cheating but I haven't witnessed it myself

[Sigma]

What a day. Just losing all day in solo quick cash. Haven't been called the N word this many times since I played cod back in like 2010 lol. Got teammates literally costing us games by watching the cashout right in front of it while invisible pacing left to right/right to left too scared to try to steal the cashout that may or may not be camped out because they don't want to potentially get killed. LIKE THERE'S NO TIME LEFT YOU DUMB FUCK, GO FOR IT. Just complete idiots.

Last edited:

Hugare

The game is not even a month old and you guys are already discussing number of players and how successful it is

Come back 6 months / 1 year from now and we will see. Right now these metrics dont mean much.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The game is not even a month old and you guys are already discussing number of players and how successful it is

Come back 6 months / 1 year from now and we will see. Right now these metrics dont mean much.

Too late. Game already made it. It's in the red.

M.W.

Game might be dead in 6 months if no new maps or modes are introduced.

Last edited:
Top Bottom