• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE FINALS reaches 10 million players

Draugoth

Gold Member

the-finals-reaches-10-million-players-v0-XSaj3DKuTjARSAVDV3tlc1MPRBeXCtXilKx1HVe88BU.jpg

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
I havnt had the time to give a good go yet , but with 4 days off after today im going to give it a good go. Love the look of it, I hope it continues todo well.

clarky

Gold Member
The steam player charts are showing the player base dropping like a stone at the moment though
Seems to be holding steady well above 120k CCU(during the week as well), from a peak of 240k. Hardly dropping like a stone.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Its ok game, really nothing special. I would love to see those ex-DICE devs make some new Battlefield.

Man i miss good old Battlefield 3/4 so much, its was such amazing game when it came out
Hard disagree (not about BF being amazing just to be clear). Its a great base and would love to see this one grow into something truly special over the next few years..

Much rather have something fresh that another Battlefield X clone.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Didn't gaf say this game was awful and going to flop?

Need to get it installed and try it out still...

I noticed there are some twitch view rewards right now but they are crappy.
I think it’s awful personally, but knew people would like it and it wouldn’t flop.

MirageMew2

The Finals is that good shit. I don’t think there’s a better shooter that perfectly blends sim and FPS mechanics. Skill curve is definitely up there and I could see that driving away players.

Last edited:

Klik

Hard disagree (not about BF being amazing just to be clear). Its a great base and would love to see this one grow into something truly special over the next few years..

Much rather have something fresh that another Battlefield X clone.
Maybe what is missing is some kind of conquest game mode, feel like its too much running around now

gothmog

Gold Member
I haven't been playing that much other than a few games here and there but it's really enjoyable. My son and his friends have been playing almost nonstop since last weekend when they finally all installed it. I've been mostly watching them play and it seems to have a solid base they can build off of.

ItsPhil

Neo Member
I tried to play it but just got repeatedly one shotted of some sniper dude while my machine gun took a full clip to barely damage someone.

Classic
Git gud? :D everyone else in the game says that the light class is the weakest but imo its about who plays it, they all play diffrent and yes, a sniper can be really annoying but its real easy to dodge as there are sooo much cover everywhere :D dont give up on the game, its amazing when you get a feel for the weapons and the movment

tmlDan

That doesn't work.

It's all about profit. If The Finals shuts off its servers in a year but it made 2x the investment, then it's a success.
what profit, its free to play, you mean if people pay for skins or a BP.

Cause that gives even less value to the "10 million"

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
what profit, its free to play, you mean if people pay for skins or a BP.

Cause that gives even less value to the "10 million"

We don't know.

I guess we could compare it to other F2P games in the past that reached 10 million in a similar time frame.

Luipadre

If this wont have legs then i have lost faith in the fps genre. What people want? This has a unique style, awesome gunplay, most polished multiplayer fps launch since apex, literal gamechanging destruction. This is one of those games where i have fun even when my teammates sucks ass and my team is last on the scoreboard.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
If this wont have legs then i have lost faith in the fps genre. What people want? This has a unique style, awesome gunplay, most polished multiplayer fps launch since apex, literal gamechanging destruction. This is one of those games where i have fun even when my teammates sucks ass and my team is last on the scoreboard.

The problem I see it having is that it's a sub par solo experience.

Sure, it's fun to play alone for a few weeks, but once you unlock everything and start to learn the intricacies...it becomes torturous watching your teammates with no mic do really stupid stuff.

It's going to be interesting to see where it settles after a few months.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Just watched the trailer for the first time and this seems cool, right? It’s like Fortnite + Smash TV or something? Seems like it has lots of style. Definitely not my thing, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t be worth a try. It’s at least not immediately off-putting, like that bubble bath splatoon knock-off.

EDMIX

sigh...in this same time frame, APEX had like 25 million or some shit.

I don't know if its the slow TTK, low player count or something, but its not setting the world on fire like many expected or tried to hype up.

Still has a lot of issues and maybe over time can do big things, but right now its very, very bare and maybe they should have let this cook a bit more.

most polished multiplayer fps launch
literal gamechanging destruction.

The deep lolz. From server issues, to guns disappearing after the taunt animation, to rubberbanding etc by no fucking means is this the "most polished"

the destruction is also from an existing concept, nothing going on here is like a first for MP gaming unless some of you have never played the Battlefield IP where people are driving fucking tanks thru buildings and shit lol

The deep lolz. From server issues, to guns disappearing after the taunt animation, to rubberbanding etc by no fucking means is this the "most polished"
I'm being completely honest here but I haven't had any of those issues at all until today where servers have been on and off. Have played on both PC and PS5 with no issues whatsoever.

the destruction is also from an existing concept, nothing going on here is like a first for MP gaming unless some of you have never played the Battlefield IP where people are driving fucking tanks thru buildings and shit lol
That's true but for a game that doesn't have vehicles I think it's pretty well done and adds a new dynamic to holding out an objective. Also Battlefield destruction hasn't been that good for a while, BC2 and BF3 were great but it has been downhill from there.

Top Bottom