• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Despite all the crap going on I still love this place as a gaming community

AlexIIDX

Been coming here daily for the past 5 years. Ive never clicked into the OT section once. I just like talking about games im currently playing, reading gaming rumors. I'll still check here for news as long as its up, but already seeing so many people in threads that are my "go to" threads abandoning ship is making me pretty sad. Best gaming site ever to me, but im sure the fallout from this is gonna effect the quality.

luulubuu

And don't get me started on the lab thing or even worse
Why would a group of high efficient military response SPLIT the second they are in the mansion. What happened between them, were they mad at each other or something ?

That's not the attitude to save the world, jackass.

What with the colours
Who designed those uniforms. They are called uniforms they HAVE TO be uniform.

Also.

What the fuck Barry. She could just die in there why the pun.

I get you are a dad but that's, again, not the attitude.

i got all the pm's for discord but I can only reply once every ten mins. Rest assured I will reply to everyone of them. Please sending pm's for link to discord.

Joei

Really bummed the OT sports talk is gone. I didn't post a ton in it, but there were/are some pretty insightful people who posted there.

Arion

Gaf being gone for a few days made me realize what I loved about gaf. This place may not be perfect but it's still the best place to talk about video games and I've had experience in all the major video game discussion sites.

Without a doubt what happened this weekend will leave a mark on this community. It's already splintered and offshoot communities are already forming. It's hard to know how many of those will survive and grow. Nevertheless, the gaf that we knew is going to change. Hopefully for the better.

I would also like an invite to the GAF discord.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Yet, here you are!

Nobody cares about your little crusade here. Get a life, job and maybe one day some pussy and you'll see that acting like this does nothing

Honestly, I always thought the only reason you frequented neogaf was to argue with people like that. There's a billion other forums that don't moderate to that level and usually turn into everyone getting extremely offended by someone calling out something as a little insensitive, so those discussions can never happen. Why didn't you go to those places instead if you hated it here so much?

If we're going to talk about games or any artform or any current event, you can't do it without the context of the world around it. You used to be able to do that here, but not if the only people that are left are the ones who hate the very idea that something might be seen negatively through the eyes of someone with very different experiences.

Is discussions like that going to change the world? Maybe not. But should that mean we completely ignore it and be willfully ignorant to these criticisms? Is that really fruitful to discussion on what is a website about discussing things.

GAF needed a seismic event like this to shatter the echo chamber. I can't count how many times I've been called a sexist, a racist, a nazi and worse for expressing very tame, mainstream opinions on here. It was only a matter of time that the community's witch hunt mentality, the public shaming culture, consumed GAF itself. Tyler made a mistake and he's handled it badly, but you'd think he had just been outed as a serial rapist from the tone of some of these goodbye posts. I think this can be a new beginning for the site.

Defective14

Neo Member
I worked my ass off to get into the video game industry and to be able to register an official account with this site. Always wanted a place to be among like minded career individuals. Glad this place is around even if I don't always post.

The Dude

Honestly, I always thought the only reason you frequented neogaf was to argue with people like that. There's a billion other forums that don't moderate to that level and usually turn into everyone getting extremely offended by someone calling out something as a little insensitive, so those discussions can never happen. Why didn't you go to those places instead if you hated it here so much?

If we're going to talk about games or any artform or any current event, you can't do it without the context of the world around it. You used to be able to do that here, but not if the only people that are left are the ones who hate the very idea that something might be seen negatively through the eyes of someone with very different experiences.

Is discussions like that going to change the world? Maybe not. But should that mean we completely ignore it and be willfully ignorant to these criticisms? Is that really fruitful to discussion on what is a website about discussing things.

I don't know what you may be missing but I have never said I hated it here, I enjoy the gaming discussions greatly. I found this board in general to be a massive relief compared to other toxic gaming forums

Is there a neogaf discord for the Dragon Ball Super community? I miss them.

apparently there is, but most of the discords immediately ran into the obvious troll-invasion problem, so they had to take down invites.
Most offtopic community threads do not have separate communities as it is. However, a sizable amount of posters moved to a site spelled s l a e n t
The hope is that eventually all communities will be able to re-merge into a new board with a focus on the politics we all actually like (well, adults anyway) and not the absence of them.

Either users who are still here will eventually hook you up, or you could, for now, only use the Steam discord that is linked in the community thread.

Having made this post, I will have to keep this account active for a bit, but I'm not staying long-term either. Discussion without politics is a hollow exercise in rhetoric, though I get why this is the only way for the board to live with Lore as its owner. And no, it's not about the accusation itself, but the way it was handled, along with earlier red flags.
Google neogaf in combination with the owner's handle if you would like to know more.

Knew Neogaf for about 10 years, became a member 2 years ago and now it's my favorite place on internet. Really can't imagine my gaming life without Neogaf!
I want OT back... :((

Newk86

I don't know if this is unusual or not but I never actually paid any attention to people's usernames on here, rather just on what was posted instead. So all this talk of certain posters leaving or making statements by throwing their accounts away is pretty much moot for me, I have no idea who anybody is! I can't follow who I don't know.

So yeah I'm just going to stay for what I've liked in the past; that being the gaming news, reading about games, and talking about games that I like or don't like. Hopefully those people will stop ruining it for others soon and spamming good gaming threads with private politics etc about somebody else I've never heard of.

Looking forward to being able to just talk about games

just kidding

fuck this site nuke my account and anyone who still posts here is at the very least a sympathizer of people who commit sexual assault.

mywatch.gif

mas8705

If there's an alternative gaming community online, feel free to point me towards it. Otherwise, I'm glad Neogaf came back on.

Makes you wonder just how crazy people are if they are spending so much energy setting up accounts just for the sake of begging to be banned. Some people just want to be miserable I guess (and this isn't defending EvilLore either. I come to Neogaf to talk games, not about those who run it).

knkng

If I can continue to read weekly sales discussions, up to date gaming news, and high quality OT’s on NeoGAF, then I will stay here and read it.

If all the quality gaming info goes to ResetEra, or whatever, then I will read it over there.

I like to browse through gaming info and discussions during my down time.

That’s about it.

see5harp

I worked my ass off to get into the video game industry and to be able to register an official account with this site. Always wanted a place to be among like minded career individuals. Glad this place is around even if I don't always post.

I just used my work e-mail.

The Dude

If there's an alternative gaming community online, feel free to point me towards it. Otherwise, I'm glad Neogaf came back on.

Makes you wonder just how crazy people are if they are spending so much energy setting up accounts just for the sake of begging to be banned. Some people just want to be miserable I guess (and this isn't defending EvilLore either. I come to Neogaf to talk games, not about those who run it).

Just no lifers man, it's what they do. They are so pathetic they simply can't resist a good dog pile to make them feel better about their shitty worthless lives

Ombra

We make gaf what it is.

The alt right edglords and 4chan memelords hoped fanning flames killed gaf forever..ha.
images

If any of you guys ever posted in mental health OT throughout the years, thanks. You helped me, and a few others. It was nice to know there was a place I can go to for advice.

This is why people wanting the site to die make me feel sad.

Gaming and Off topic could be extremely intense when it came to the latest conaole/graphics/politics war.

But behind all that in the community forums you had so much stuff that was literally just people talking about their passions or helping out other people with I formation.

I literally couldn't stand gaming side from the moment the XB1 was revealed, but there were thousands of other things to do and talk about on this forum.

Including reading the mental health thread when a close family member started showing symptoms and learning how to spot and deal with it.

I can't see anyone who actually appreciated this place for what it was for so many people being able to wish it's death so carelessly.

TheContact

Really bummed the OT sports talk is gone. I didn't post a ton in it, but there were/are some pretty insightful people who posted there.

Yea when the pats and falcons were on Sunday night I kept trying here to see if it was up. So much fun posting in real time here

MrFobwatch

Neo Member
Wow, I've been a member here for about a year now but have lurked for far longer. NeoGaf became part of my regular schedule. I loved the discussion and vast knowledge of the members here.
I didn't realize that I have no good place to find the most recent news about games without it. I hope this is a new step forwards.

Cracklox

I'll take my usual stance on Gaf dramas and stay the fuck away from commenting on anything about it.

Just glad the sites back. Videogames. Yay!

Jesus tap dancing Christ do things look very differently today from a couple days ago. And I fear much of what made GAF daily just disappeared.

HobbestheTiger

Neo Member
Man it was tough losing this site for a couple days. I was a member once upon a time and then switched jobs and lost my access when I lost the email it used to be associated with, went back to lurking for almost two years because this is my main source for gaming and movie news and i’ve Always thought the community as a whole was courteous and had good discussion (barring a few bad eggs) glad it’s back and hope the community can move forward despite what may or may not have gone on with recent events

I'm just catching up on this thread now and it's so surreal. Glad to have the site back, and I'm really glad these people are just leaving of their own volition.

I never thought I would see this day!

Xtyle

I vaguely remember sometime ago someone made a thread discussing the end of GAF and life without GAF (unless I remembered it wrong).

And sad to say, the last couple days and even now gives us a taste precisely of that...

Top Bottom