• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2 Resurrected - Early Access Beta August 13th, Open Beta August 20th

Malakhov

Banned
Hate the loot while we group, don't remember if it was this way first time around since I didn't play much online back then, only private games with friends. Had a dude just loot hoarding everything...

Last edited:
Hate the loot while we group, don't remember if it was this way first time around since I didn't play much online back then, only private games with friends. Had a dude just loot hoarding everything...
Yeah that’s how it’s always been in public games. I usually just played with friends or private games for farming. Public games for purely grinding XP. I go into them assuming I won’t get any loot.

4-BB10-CA3-6-A78-4-DCC-A99-F-43959-E24-E8-E8.png
Speaking of loot. Just beat duriel with my amazon. Was easier than I expected with poison Javazon.

so disappointing. Better than my first time killing with my paladin. Literally dropped 5 TP scrolls and nothing else.

been having some decent luck farming Andy tho.

edit: I’m using white/generic armor and A shitty blue shield I found in act 1 lol

Last edited:
I played it on PS5, is it me or was something off with the resolution? it sure didn't look anything like 4K to me. It wasn't very crisp and I thought the graphics in the videos looked better than what was on my screen. I also made sure to have PS5 beta checked so it wasn't set to be playing the PS4 version.

Paulxo87

I played it on PS5, is it me or was something off with the resolution? it sure didn't look anything like 4K to me. It wasn't very crisp and I thought the graphics in the videos looked better than what was on my screen. I also made sure to have PS5 beta checked so it wasn't set to be playing the PS4 version.

It's a fucking scandal. They promised 4k60 and the quality mode looks like 1800p 30fps. I'm giving them the benefit of doubt being beta but they got work to do

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
The game comes out in little over a month. Outside of network load balancing and clearing S bugs (if any pop up from the beta tests) I cannot seem them making major overhauls to rendering systems or QOL suggestions from players.

I posted this on the previous page:

Per this thread, Reddit and the discord, some people are reporting that they some reason have the ps4 pro version running on the ps5. Lots of performance issues on ps5. Appears to be a bug. Runs gloriously on xsx.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

One of the most beloved action RPG looters of all time, Diablo 2, is finally getting its long-awaited remaster on September 23rd. Diablo 2: Resurrected is developed by Vicarious Visions and Blizzard Entertainment for Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PS4, PS5, PC and Nintendo Switch.

Though ostensibly the same game, there's a bit that's being added on top. Let's take a look at 15 things you should know before buying the remaster.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
since the demo is dead i decided to play the old version.
just finished act 1 with yet another barb.
I even got my first set item. A shield.

with that glider mod i actually can stomach the framerate!

Paulxo87

Lmao that's all it was too 20 years ago.
I posted this on the previous page:

Per this thread, Reddit and the discord, some people are reporting that they some reason have the ps4 pro version running on the ps5. Lots of performance issues on ps5. Appears to be a bug. Runs gloriously on xsx.

this is what I thought was the case. However the PS4 PRO version DOES NOT have two graphics modes(performance/quality.) Also I am sure the XSX runs fine but 4k60fps fine? In high quality mode because that is what they promised and the beta doesnt show that

Lmao that's all it was too 20 years ago.

this is what I thought was the case. However the PS4 PRO version DOES NOT have two graphics modes(performance/quality.) Also I am sure the XSX runs fine but 4k60fps fine? In high quality mode because that is what they promised and the beta doesnt show that
Sorry to sound like an idiot, but how would I check this? I’ll let you know on Friday when beta is back up.

Antwix

One of my buddies has the console version and I was telling him how I was enjoying the PC version. I had a pretty decent experience overall. However, I found out there are some glaring issues with the console versions. For one, there's no chat?!?! Like what?? How are you supposed to coordinate trading or PVP or whatever else? Similarly, there's no lobbies or open games? So again, you can't coordinate trading, PVP, or stuff like baal/meph/etc runs? It's great that D2 is on consoles, but it just seems like a Diablo 2 Lite. The missing components are a big part of what made D2 great.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
One of my buddies has the console version and I was telling him how I was enjoying the PC version. I had a pretty decent experience overall. However, I found out there are some glaring issues with the console versions. For one, there's no chat?!?! Like what?? How are you supposed to coordinate trading or PVP or whatever else? Similarly, there's no lobbies or open games? So again, you can't coordinate trading, PVP, or stuff like baal/meph/etc runs? It's great that D2 is on consoles, but it just seems like a Diablo 2 Lite. The missing components are a big part of what made D2 great.
Blizzard: Do you not have phones?!

Nozz-A-La

I was so excited for this on Xbox until I heard there was no way to create rooms. What on earth were they thinking.

Warablo

I really want them to make the ladder runewords work in Non ladder. Especially if they aren't launching with a ladder season like a community rep said.

Antwix

I was so excited for this on Xbox until I heard there was no way to create rooms. What on earth were they thinking.
Exactly. On the console versions, it's like the entire endgame doesn't really exist. Once you beat the "story", the main draw is looting/trading/pvp/runs/etc. With no way to create open rooms and extremely limited communication, the whole idea of the endgame goes out the window. What a shame.

DavidGzz

I really want them to make the ladder runewords work in Non ladder. Especially if they aren't launching with a ladder season like a community rep said.

"We wanted to take this opportunity to share that Ladder Only Rune Words, Unique Items, and Horadric Cube Recipes that were once restricted to Ladder rank play will now for the first time be included in non-ladder multiplayer and single player play."

Diablo II: Resurrected Ladder & Patch Update - Blue Tracker

Von

less than 24 hours until round 2 of the beta, ya'll ready?

that's pretty neat. curious to see what changes.
A new patch is being staged for PC, Xbox, and PlayStation prior to the Open Beta. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.

FUNCTIONALITY CHANGES​

GENERAL

• Skill purchases now require separate button presses‎ (Controller)
Developer Comment
:speech_balloon:

We made this change because many players were accidentally allotting points to skills they didn’t intend to. We hope this change will mitigate that issue, especially since it’s more difficult for players to re-spec in Diablo II.
‎‎‎‎

BUG FIXES​

STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE

• Fixed several bugs that could cause a crash upon launching the game
  • Fixed a bug that could cause players to crash when toggling the Legacy mode
  • Fixed a bug that could cause players to crash when opening a Trade window
  • Fixed a bug that could cause players to crash when the Skill Select window prompted
  • Fixed a bug that could cause degraded performance over time
  • Fixed several bugs that could cause a crash when encountering poor server connectivity
  • Fixed several bugs that could cause a crash on consoles
  • Added several client, server and network optimizations
GENERAL

• Fixed a bug preventing players from accepting party invites while the game window was minimized
  • Fixed a bug preventing players from toggling on or off their Paladin Auras

Nevermind, posted above me.

Last edited:

Filth

I never played the original diablo 2. can someone explain the proper way to use skills. I tried playing hammerdin and when i ran out of mana i coudnt attack i had to switch my skill to melle. What's the proper way to do the keys in this game for pc?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I never played the original diablo 2. can someone explain the proper way to use skills. I tried playing hammerdin and when i ran out of mana i coudnt attack i had to switch my skill to melle. What's the proper way to do the keys in this game for pc?
You can keybind skills with the F1 F2 etc. By moving mouse over skills and press one.

Have the left skill as melee and rest on keybinds.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

It's not updated on PC the way it is on console, you have to bind to function keys like Mike said and then switch to every individual skill before using it.

AJUMP23

I have it downloaded to play, but I have a meeting in the afternoon, so I won't get to play until later tonight.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Or use a controller on PC. Controller feels better for melee characters tbh.

Feels like sacrilege, but I might actually give it a try tonight. What's the harm, I guess. Did they not add an option for multicast on KBM? I didn't even check the settings honestly.

Top Bottom